Help me name my new baby!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Athena goddess of war, autumn for beautiful colors, badger for her feisty personality or bandit because of her mask, Gemini because she looks different on both side profiles, I like Talulah, Phoebe, and Hermione

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw man, I wish I had seen this thread sooner.....

My first thought was Jasmine when I saw her.

Calypso is a pretty name for a pretty little girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Calypso for those of you interested.

Last night was her first night and she did really well. She slept cuddled right up next to me all night. She's best friends with Aria already and they've been alternating between running laps together and sleeping on top of me. We're going to the pet store today to get her an id tag and introduce her to some of the people there. Maya and Aria are both harness trained and love to go so they all know us as the people who bring our adorable cats on leashes. Caly will be in a carrier this time but I'm hoping to start her in the harness pretty soon.

We're switching her over from the food the shelter gave her to the one we use, which is a grain free all ages dry. I'm starting to think she was separated from her mother before she was weaned properly because she has a habit if suckling on my arm and she seems to have some troubles with the dry food. I softened her dinner up with a little warm water last night and she ate it fine, though. If the suckling becomes a problem I'll try to get her off of it but I figured since it's a comfort thing and she's in a new place it's not a big deal for now. But I've never had a kitten do that so if any of you know better please let me know.

Once again thanks to everybody for all the awesome names, I've filed a bunch of them away for possible future use. Also I saw that this thread was in the featured content and I thought that was really cool.

punkysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your little girl is adorable. The first thought I had was Patches because of her coloring, but Jazzy came to mind because she is so spirited. That said, Caly is a great choice. Wishing you much happiness with your furbabiy.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sparkle oops I see she has already named. Calypso is perfect. Hopefully, she won't be like Calypso in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sparkle oops I see she has already named. Calypso is perfect. Hopefully, she won't be like Calypso in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Hahaha she's already a little demon so maybe I cursed myself with this one :lol3: She's gonna be a handful. Good thing the other girls are so good, hopefully she'll learn some from them.

lovemyzeus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks similar to a calico I grew up with named Sunshine, but I think the name Frisky might be a better name

Edited - just saw kitty was named already.......

Last edited:

stormiesmogge

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How about Callie/Calli since she's a calico?

Or maybe Tris since she's tri-colored.

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I named my mischievous little calico Elf/Elfie. I love mischievous names! > Pixie & Tinker (similar to Elfie in theme obv) Bonnie (Bonnie & Clyde >:3), Seraphina (fiery)

Also love fire Pokemon names for cats with ginger parts LOL.  But that's not for everyone. > Evee, Charmander, Vulpix, Emboar (or just Ember!), Pyroar, Ninetales, Rapidash (My friend has a Rapidash, nickname is Dash or even Dashels!)

I also went for Elfie because it's seasonal. She's my early Christmas present to myself! Haha.

Seasonal names >Juniper (the berry), Wynter (Winter), Primrose, October, November, December, Aster (star), Fresia (frost), Storm, Blaize, Sparkle, Crystal

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FYI (
the more you know
), "Fresia" does not mean frost. It's derived from the name of a flower (Freesia) which is named after a man (Friedrich Freese) whose name is from the name of a place "Frisia/Friesland" which comes from a lost root word which probably means "curly-haired" (the closest-sounding possibly-related word is "frizz/frizzy"). So meaningwise, Fresia could be thought of as equivalent to "curly" but is usually named for the flower so more like rose/daisy/iris. 

I love the name Elfie, and all the others on that list too.

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
haha, I'm coincidentally from Friesland, The Netherlands! I'm sure the word mightve derived from that, but Friesland literally means Frostland in the Dutch language ^_^ languages are weird! A word may mean something in one language, and something else in another!

darren7481

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is an old pic, Morty is now all grown up:)
My calico cat is Monkey, her original name was 'Sul' for her lovely sunshine face, but she climbs so much & is super goofy- hence 'Monkey'.

I adopted her when my neighbor passed away, I hate that she's an outdoor kitty, but she won't come inside & to her credit, she's out-door savy.

sneakyblonde

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I am sneakyblonde and I am new here.

I saw your kitty - THREE  months old? And a TRI-color?

What about "Trey", for THREE??.

No matter her name, love her lots and best of luck to all of you!

(sneaky damn blonde)