Help me name my new baby!

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just brought home my girls' new little sister! I've decided it's time to bring home a new baby to love after losing Isy. But I'm just stuck on her name. She's 3 months old and already VERY fiesty and talkative. She has a big loud purr and meow and nothing so far has fazed her even a little bit.

The shelter named her Tinsel but I'm not sure that fits her. We've also talked about Jynx (like the superhero, because she's cute and sassy, and also because we kinda cursed ourselves with 2 tortie kittens) but nothing has exactly popped out yet. So I'm consulting you guys for ideas.

Her sisters are Maya Rose (Maya), Zoey, and Aria and her brother is Sky.

Here she is:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
She's a little beauty! What about Xena for a feisty girl?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I hadn't grown up with a calico named Zena I'd love it :lol3:

She's doing really well so far. We've introduced her to Aria, our 6-month-old tortie lynx point (we got her because Aria seemed to need a playful sister) and they're soing good. The kitten's a little wary of her but they're playing better than I expected for this early on.

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, she's just gorgeous.

What kind of feitsty is she? How about "Hilda" or "Mathilda" for battle feisty, "Mena" for courage feisty, Eris if she likes to stir up trouble, "Frida" for strength.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend that had a crazy girl and nicknamed her "Maluca" it means crazy in Portuguese. I loved the name 

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She immediately made me think of Phantom of the Opera, but that was a guy. Another name that came to mind was Patches, but that doesn't reflect her feisty nature. What about Mata Hari, as she kind of looks like she's in disguise. Or even what about Feisty...it's so hard to pick the right name, isn't it! But she's a doll.

godiva kiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would go with Patches...but since it is a common name and it doesn't match with her feisty spirit...so maybe Cutie?

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's so hard to name. My others have all had their names pop up pretty soon after getting them but nothing quite seems to fit her.

Aisling ("dream", a cool subtle tie to Maya which also means dream and a longtime favorite name of mine that I've never found a reason to use) and Rhys ("fiery spirit") have both also made the list of potential names and I like Maluca too.

All intros so far have gone well and she's currently asleep on top of me purring her tiny heart out. She's definitely a lap cat.

freyaandzelda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What about Midna? She's a mischievous, multicolored imp from the Legend of Zelda series. It's what I briefly considered naming Zelda.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Aisling ... I love it, what it means & represents. :)

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My top 4. Thoughts/votes?

- Aisling (Celtic "dream", "ash-ling")
- Macha (Irish goddess of cunning and battle, "mak-ah")
- Calypso (pretty, sassy, and scary, seems to fit pretty well)
- Puck (because she's such a troublemaker, I know Puck's traditionally male but I can see it fitting her)

If you can't tell I like mythology

Last edited: