Help! I Thought My Cat Was A Stray...

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to further add that in most cases, the laws such as the CA law cited are unenforceable. If I took in a stray and took it to the vet, and it was living in my house, how can the neglectful owner prove it isn't my cat? I have vet bills to prove it's my cat. It's highly unlikely the cat would have been micro chipped, but even so, a vet could put a new one in for me. I doubt any neglectful or abusive pet owner would press the point legally. If so, I would counter by filing charges against him or her for animal neglect. There are some laws that are too unjust to be followed.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just had a man, his wife and their son convicted of animal cruelty and of animal abandonment charges, and so far the husband, the main abuser, has got 30 months of PROBATION. They found literally DOZENS of dead cattle and dozens more cattle, donkeys, horses and various other animals starving and injured and literally at deaths door at his farm. Google it "man, wife and son convicted of abusing animals in nebraska" It breaks my heart to see these monsters get probation instead of jail time. Until this stops the abuse will continue......
People who do things like that need to be institutionalized, because there is clearly something wrong with the way their mind works.