Hairball? dry coughing. . .

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 9 month old cat has now had two episodes of this weird dry cough. It looks exactly like he has something stuck in his throat that he is trying to cough out. It's sort of a mixture of a raspy cough and a gag. The first time it happened while he was eating, so I thought he had just eaten too fast or gotten a bit of bone stuck in his throat (we feed raw food). We observed him and it stopped after a few minutes and that was that. Well, today he did it again, but not while eating, in fact hours from his last meal.

So now I am wondering about hairball? or? I don't have experience with hairballs or what else it could be. Any thoughts? Vet time?

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could be several things - hairball, asthma, etc.If you can get video to share with your vet that can really help with diagnosis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could be several things - hairball, asthma, etc.If you can get video to share with your vet that can really help with diagnosis.
Thanks, yeah I didn't catch it yet. . .it seems to pass fairly quickly. But I will try to video it if it happens again.