Goodbye, Sweet Trin. You Were The Best Tabby You Could Be.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Friday, December 7th, we lost out 10.6 year old Tabby, Trinity (aka Trin) to severe IBD/Small Cell Lymphoma. After months of daily steroids and chemo treatments that were not helping much and making him feel lousy (and which he fought increasingly hard to avoid), we decided to give him a peaceful and dignified end, at home and surrounded by his family (both furry and otherwise). In his last week, we spoiled him with all of his favorite things: chicken, bed snuggles, chicken, extra playtime, chicken, and most importantly, no drugs. Also chicken. He felt so amazing without the drugs, we saw a life in him we hadn't seen in a long time, which I hope meant that we made the right decision. It was so hard to let him go, but I hope we gave him an amazing 10+ years of love and bed cuddles.

Trin started out in his adopted life in Florida with my boyfriend Randall, 6 years before I knew them. It was a "rough" start, as Randall thought he was adopting a sweet girl kitten and named her Trinity to match his other cat, Neo. One vet visit later and he became a more masculine sounding "Trin".

Trin was not your smartest cat. Or most athletic. He had bad litterbox habits and didn't like too many cuddles at once. What he did love were people, chicken, and beds. All was right with the world if he had these three things. He was a simple cat, with simple pleasures. These are some of the things he liked:

Cuddles while squished. He loved being squished.

Grooming and/or cuddling his brother Gohan.

Laying on seemingly uncomfortable items, like wires and cords.

Weird sleeping positions. He loved laying across one arm, specifically the left arm for some reason.

Chicken. But not the WRONG chicken. This aerial view shows the moment when he almost died because we ran out of Applaws. He gave it one sniff, stomped away and flopped where you see him. Fortunately, we scraped together some leftover rotisserie and saved the day.

Bed cuddles and his "comfort" poof ball which he would carry around when he was distressed. He loved taking up most of the bed, it is where he loved the most attention and gave his deepest purrs. If you made him happy enough, he would chomp - hard - on some soft fleshy piece of you so you knew how much he loved you. It is where we feel his loss the most.

He was the grounding force in our life, and though we didn't know it, he was the brave alpha in the house that charged forward in greeting or challenge to any newcomers. In the end, he was the best Tabby he was capable of, and we miss him dearly. When we had three cats, it felt like too many all the time. Now two seems like not enough. He is missed, all 16 lbs of him, including his ridiculous 12 in long tail.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a lovely way to honor your Trin. I'm so sorry this happened, and you were awesomely compassionate in the way you let him go, bless you.

RIP Trin baby. Your world was straightforward, and it is now also, with eternal sunshine and peace. You had wonderful people to love, and they love you still. :rbheart:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Dear Trin,

I know the other side of the Bridge is populated with chicken, comfy beds, chicken, endless poof balls, chicken (the RIGHT chicken), plenty of uncomfortable things on which to lie, and more chicken. Your friends here at TCS will miss hearing about you, but memories of you live on in the loving photos and stories posted by your hoomin.

I’m sorry for your loss, KarenKat KarenKat . Your tribute to Trin is wonderful.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
He had a wonderful life thanks to you and gave you a lot of love and laughs in return, that is all that we can hope for. He has no regrets and neither do you, but it is so so hard to say "solong" when the time comes. But you will see him again someday and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss and I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not so good with this, because I also am fighting back my tears. But please, please know that you are NOT alone. What a beautiful way to honor your Trin. Posts like this remind us that anyone of us could be next to grieve, to cry in our sorrow, and then try to heal after the mourning process is over.

You gave Trin the best decade possible. You loved him, and you love him still. I am sure he left you smiling, even though his last months were in pain. Rest assured he is now free from whatever physical bondage he had to endure, and is now running free and much happier. Rest assured that he loved you back, with the maximum cat love that he could give you. And now he is watching over you, smiling as he is feasting on his chicken, and chicken and all chicken.

It is amazing how posts like this remind us the kind of bond we share with our pets, and which only a pet owner can understand.

Hang in there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful, memorable boy! You have many special memories that will bring you comfort in the years ahead. He will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers.
He had something that would not get better, you know that in your heart. There is often a time near the end when the body seems to rally, one last moment to enjoy life before it descends into existing, not living, and unending pain. You would never want that for that sweet boy. It is better to leave this world one day early, rather that one day too late.
He built an incredible bond with those he loves so very much. His tiny soul will be forever intertwined with yours. He lives on through you now, so send him thoughts of joy and thankfulness for having him in your life, not tears and unending grief. He would never want that for those he loves, just as you would never want it for him. Because that is what love is, eternal because it is spiritual,"Death cannot take that which never dies". Hold onto that in these first days of darkness, his light will come through and one day and make you smile. It takes time to heal a broken heart.
He left you a wonderful legacy to remember him by.You provided him with such a wonderful home, (and chicken!) and all the love he wanted. He could ask for no more. The new path he follows will forever parallel your own, he will always be close. The hole his leaving leaves in your life is huge, but the love and the memories he leaves behind will slowly help to fill it as you learn a new life's order and go forward into the future. Nothing is forever except for love.....
RIP precious Trin. You will never be forgotten. You will forever have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, sweet Trin, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Oh, you so made the right choice for him! HIs last week was filled with the things and people he loved best, and he was gently shown the Gateway between This Adventure and The Next Great Adventure. He was sent on his way with love. Love does not die, you know, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides, and Trin's love for you is with you still and always.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone, for the kind words and support. I’m glad I was able to share the joy - and silliness - that was Trin. Randall also thanks you, he read the posts and was very touched by everyone’s amazing replies.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm deeply sorry for your loss.
Your Trin was a wonderful cat and I think he left more than his hair behind, he left you lots of joy, he was full of joy, all that chicken turned into joy inside him.
And as a result, despite your loss, you were able to write a fantastic and funny tribute that makes us love him.

Remember him with a smile, I think this is what he would like.

RIP Trin, you will be very much missed, no doubt.