Good Bye Scottie B

obijkenobi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Scottie, I dont remember why I went to the Humane Society almost a year ago to the day, but I am glad I did. From the moment you picked me by sitting on my lap and putting your nose to mine, to earlier this week when you let me know it was time to go by peeing on me, you have been a good kitty pal. During the last year, I probably spent more time with you than anyone else!

Resized_20171217_193107_9493.jpeg
20171008_190349.jpg
I will miss you running from the bedroom to greet me when I got home from work, how you slept at my feet when I did homework, sat on lap when I watched TV or slept by my side at night. I wish we had gotten more than a year together, and I am really sad right now, but I am glad you arent in pain and am grateful for all the love you gave in return for only feeding you and cleaning your poop.

Love you Scottie!

Attachments

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, this is just too much......seeing those last pictures...but we all understand, they work their way into our hearts and just take us over, I am so so sorry for your loss of your little friend and I too wish that you would've had him for much more than a year, but sometimes these horrible things happen, why I don't know, but they do. But he knew love and happiness in that year and will take that with him to the Rainbow Bridge and you will be reunited one day many years from now and it will be wonderful....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry, but he is fine now, just fine.

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave that little boy everything.....you gave him what he wanted the most most in the world, someone to love him.....
In exchange he gave you all he had, his love for you. That bond knows no boundaries, the bond you have with him is eternal because it is spiritual. Nothing, no one, can ever take that from you, "death cannot take that which never dies". He brought you companionship, friendship, and memories that will comfort you in this time of sadness, this time of transition to a new life's order without him. Do not dwell on his death, do not make it more important than his life. His life was infinitely more important. He would never want that for the one he loves above all else. Go into the future and seek joy in life again, pass on that legacy of love he left you, just as you would want for him if you were the first to go.
One day you will remember him with a smile, and be grateful for the time he spent with you. Though he now follows a new path, he will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers. So make those thoughts ones of happiness and love, let him share in your joy on living. In this way he lives through you.
My heart goes out to you, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. He is at peace now, it is you taht needs comforting, and i offer a shoulder to cry on. You will be blessed fro loving this sweet boy. RIP dear Scottie B. You will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

obijkenobi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My other kitty, Zelda, did not get to see him off, but has been much more affectionate with me than usual since I came back from the vet. It might be a combination of me being home from work from the fact I am running a fever.

This morning, I saw her sniffing in Scotties favorite bed and taking a nap by it. Eventually I will get her a second kitty pal since she is so social I dont think she will do well on her own, but it still stings too much.

20180921_080818.jpg

sarah c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry for the loss of your best friend, Scottie sounds wonderful. Great pics, He's a handsome boy!

Also your advice is fantastic Di and Bob.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry O obijkenobi , Scottie was a handsome cat and the bond between you is so clear from your words.
Those photos tell us a lot, the last one is truly a punch in the stomach, but still is a great evidence of love.
Zelda is missing her friend now, and it is more than natural she's getting more and more affectionate with you.
If you think she will accept a new feline friend, go on and give a home to an unlucky kitty, in Scottie's honor. The new kitty won't be a replacement for Scottie, and will never fit in the empty space that Scottie left in your heart, but it'll be able to create its own particular spot in your heart.

RIP Scottie, you knew what being loved means :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

obijkenobi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About a year ago, I brought Scottie to thr apartment for the first time, and he made it truley feel like a home. Today, I brought the B home for the last time.

I miss you Scottie B, but I am so glad you were my pal the past year.

Attachments

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For each one of us, there is a time when we bow our head, to hide our tears and to look into our heart, as we never did before.

Our Feline companions become part of us and when they return to the home-Cloud, we miss them as we would miss an arm or a leg, or even worst.

But unlike a missing arm, that nobody can replace, love always rises again. That is the sense of Nature, to the extent we are allowed to understand.

My tears.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
About a year ago, I brought Scottie to thr apartment for the first time, and he made it truley feel like a home. Today, I brought the B home for the last time.

I miss you Scottie B, but I am so glad you were my pal the past year.
He is now back home forever, where he belongs. We have a shelf full of them and while we don't look at it much we know that they are with us still.....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Scottie B, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

A year isn't long enough, is it? But neither is ten years, or twenty, or century. There is never enough time to love those we love. But if you asked Scottie B, he would tell you, "Better a year living in your love than a full lifetime without it." What a difference you made in one cat's life, and where he is now, he loves you still, just as you love him still.