Getting A New Kitten To Show

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I have a 9 year old ruddy abyssinian who is showing as a Veteran in CFA now. I've been looking for a show quality red aby girl for several years. After a couple of near misses I'm finally getting my little girl. I won't get her until mid-June when she's 16 weeks old, but I'm already planning what shows to enter.

There are 2 red girls in the litter. The breeder sent me 3 photos. Obviously 2 of them are of the same kitten, but I can't tell which two. She said next time she'll put collars on them. They're only 5 weeks old, so we're waiting until they develop more to decide which kitten I'll get. Both have incredible color and are looking really good for type. One may turn out to have the edge in type, and if so that's the one I'll get.

Meet Morgana and her sister.
RedGirl1.JPG
RedGirl2.JPG
RedGirl3.JPG

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Such a pretty color!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness! They are the cutest little girls! :loveeyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The breeder said she could have sold all of the kittens 2 or 3 times over, but she wanted to be sure they went to people who would show them in Premiership. I just got lucky because I heard about them early enough to get my request in ahead of others.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Best of luck! I bet you can't wait until June. :heartshape:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I got some new pictures. I'm not sure how old she is in these. The breeder says she has personality plus.

They were sent to me in an email, so the quality isn't that great, but I think you can see how she's developing.

Morgana3.jpg
Morgana2.jpg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is the breeder selling them for an outrageous price?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Is the breeder selling them for an outrageous price?
The breeder is selling them for a price that is fairly standard in this part of the country for a show quality cat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely adorable and she sounds like personality plus. :hearthrob: I bet June 16 can't come soon enough.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
She's home! :bunnydance:

I have a cage set up for her to keep her separated from the other cats while still being in the middle of things. I let her out to run around, and she's like greased lightning. I lost track of her and when I spotted her, this is where she was. And yes, that cat tree is over 6 feet high.
MorganaBigEars.jpg
TreetopMorgana.jpg

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's home! :bunnydance:

I have a cage set up for her to keep her separated from the other cats while still being in the middle of things. I let her out to run around, and she's like greased lightning. I lost track of her and when I spotted her, this is where she was. And yes, that cat tree is over 6 feet high.
View attachment 237363 View attachment 237364
She’s gorgeous!