Gettin' Old Ain't for Sissies

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay -  @Margret  @Margd  and 

@1CatOverTheLine

Sick...lolololol you people are sick...  I love it -  Too funny.

This thread just took a turn and is in serious danger of veering off course. 

How do you know when your pussy cat is done cleaning herself?    She's smoking a cigarette. 

Old Cat Lady

It was Christmas Eve. A poor old lady was sitting alone, except for her cat, in her tiny house, in front of a small fire. Suddenly, there was a flash of light, and the old woman's good fairy appeared in the room. 

The old woman was astonished, but the fairy reassured her: "Don't be afraid! I am your good fairy. You are very poor, and all alone at Christmas, so I have come to grant you three wishes, to cheer you up." 

The old woman was about to speak, but the fairy held up her hand. "Wait!" she said. "Before you make a wish, think carefully! You will get exactly what you wish for, and no wish can be undone!"

So the old woman sat silently, staring at the fire and thinking. Eventually, she spoke: "First", she said, "I want to be very, very wealthy." 

Poof! Immediately, the tiny house was packed with pots full of gold coins, and sacks of bank-notes. There was more money than anyone could spend in an entire lifetime. 

The old woman looked around and smiled. She thought some more, and spoke again: "Next", she said, "I want to be young and beautiful again, like I was when I was 18."

Poof! The old woman disappeared. In her place sat a beautiful young woman, with smooth, white skin and long, golden hair. The woman looked at her hands and arms, felt her hair, and smiled 

"Third", she said to the fairy, "I want you to change my cat into a handsome young prince, who will love me and take care of me all my life!"

Poof! The fairy disappeared, and the cat leapt up from his place by the fire as a handsome young prince. He reached out to the woman, pulled her to her feet, embraced her, and kissed her passionately. Then he gazed into her eyes and said: "Ha! Now you're really going to be sorry that you took me to the vet!" 

Last edited:

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Old Cat Lady
It was Christmas Eve. A poor old lady was sitting alone, except for her cat, in her tiny house, in front of a small fire. Suddenly, there was a flash of light, and the old woman's good fairy appeared in the room. 

The old woman was astonished, but the fairy reassured her: "Don't be afraid! I am your good fairy. You are very poor, and all alone at Christmas, so I have come to grant you three wishes, to cheer you up." 

The old woman was about to speak, but the fairy held up her hand. "Wait!" she said. "Before you make a wish, think carefully! You will get exactly what you wish for, and no wish can be undone!"

So the old woman sat silently, staring at the fire and thinking. Eventually, she spoke: "First", she said, "I want to be very, very wealthy." 

Poof! Immediately, the tiny house was packed with pots full of gold coins, and sacks of bank-notes. There was more money than anyone could spend in an entire lifetime. 

The old woman looked around and smiled. She thought some more, and spoke again: "Next", she said, "I want to be young and beautiful again, like I was when I was 18."

Poof! The old woman disappeared. In her place sat a beautiful young woman, with smooth, white skin and long, golden hair. The woman looked at her hands and arms, felt her hair, and smiled 

"Third", she said to the fairy, "I want you to change my cat into a handsome young prince, who will love me and take care of me all my life!"

Poof! The fairy disappeared, and the cat leapt up from his place by the fire as a handsome young prince. He reached out to the woman, pulled her to her feet, embraced her, and kissed her passionately. Then he gazed into her eyes and said: "Ha! Now you're really going to be sorry that you took me to the vet!" 

I love it!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Okay -  @Margret  @Margd  and 

@1CatOverTheLine

Sick...lolololol you people are sick...  I love it -  Too funny.

This thread just took a turn and is in serious danger of veering off course. 
This thread is in serious danger of veering right off TCS !

How do you know when your pussy cat is done cleaning herself?    She's smoking a cigarette. 
Didn't someone just say, "sick - you people are sick?"

Old Cat Lady

This was simply fabulous ! 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
YEAH are we THERE yet?? You guys made me laugh!!

We love kitties..MEOW!!

Someone mentioned chin shaving-now I am still kind of young and I have been having this issue since I was 25. So I guess I got lucky. I just pluck it and when I am in a hurry shave it. I thought it was a side affect of getting spayed. But my mom struggled with these pesky things too. So not sure what to tell you..the wonders of being a woman..

oh and someone commented on the body hair-yeah one year my aunt had me stay at her house..and said oh take a bath with your cousin. I was 12 and I think she was 11? Anyways I tried like hell to avoid it because I didn't want her to know I was um...fuzzy. ( I started shaving my legs at 10) And well it was very embarrassing. And I swore if I ever had daughters I would never make them bath with any other girl no matter how close in age they were. If they didn't want to...yeah...needless to say my cousin didn't know what to think...she was still a girl and not going through the changes...god how embarrassing.

The things our families did...good grief. Oh and I have to say pains have been so so this week despite our big blizzard we got. I was a moron and went out to work in it and got a cold..but everyone says it's not possible to catch a cold from being in the cold..hummm well I did!! And I finally feel so so. Sudafed is the only thing helping!

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

We love kitties..MEOW!!

Someone mentioned chin shaving-now I am still kind of young and I have been having this issue since I was 25. So I guess I got lucky. I just pluck it and when I am in a hurry shave it. I thought it was a side affect of getting spayed. But my mom struggled with these pesky things too. So not sure what to tell you..the wonders of being a woman..

oh and someone commented on the body hair-yeah one year my aunt had me stay at her house..and said oh take a bath with your cousin. I was 12 and I think she was 11? Anyways I tried like hell to avoid it because I didn't want her to know I was um...fuzzy. ( I started shaving my legs at 10) And well it was very embarrassing. And I swore if I ever had daughters I would never make them bath with any other girl no matter how close in age they were. If they didn't want to...yeah...needless to say my cousin didn't know what to think...she was still a girl and not going through the changes...god how embarrassing.

The things our families did...good grief. Oh and I have to say pains have been so so this week despite our big blizzard we got. I was a moron and went out to work in it and got a cold..but everyone says it's not possible to catch a cold from being in the cold..hummm well I did!! And I finally feel so so. Sudafed is the only thing helping!
The cold does not create the virus that is actually the cause of the common cold but it certainly can depress your immune system.  Hence, the virus is no longer kept in check and goes to work merrily replicating and making you miserable.  Nasty little beasties.  I hope you feel better very soon.

I agree that young girls should have all the privacy they want.  I would have been mortified in your situation. 

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My eyebrows are just the way they've always been.  As for my chin, I've been shaving it for decades, ever since I decided that plucking was too painful so why bother.  I did recently find it necessary to replace my old electric razor, however.

Somehow, it's always the hair that surprises us with basic life changes.  I remember puberty (unlike those idiots who tell young people "These are the best years of your life!  Enjoy!" and then wonder why the teen suicide rate is so high), and I wasn't at all surprised by growing breasts and hips, or by menstruation, but no one warned me about pubic hair!  Whyever not?

Margret
As for me I miss my eyebrows.  Nobody warned me that over-plucking meant bye-bye eyebrows.  Hypothyroid in my 40's didn't help either.  

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing that'll help cold symptoms is gelatin.  It's a good way to get in fluids and it soothes your throat.  You can get store bought Jello brand and put a tablespoon in a cup of hot water and drink it like tea a few times a day.  Be careful to only get the fruit kind that contains gelatin though.  One day when I was sick, I was on my way to work and had to stop at a convenience store for Jello and could only find vanilla (I work a mask that day so I didn't give my cold to my patient who probably gave it to me to start with.)  Vanilla only has cornstarch in it.  The fruit flavors have gelatin.  It really helps a sore throat.  Honey also helps a cough, I mean immediately.  Honey also helps sleep too,  I drink plain gelatin with raw honey and hot water (plus coconut oil) and a splash of milkadamia milk as a bedtime drink.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I've discovered that I'm growing a beard and losing my eyebrows. I have to shave my chin just like a man.  

Have you noticed any surprising changes like this? Men, are you losing the hair on your chest and find it's coming out of your ears? Women, have you got a mustache?
It's linked to our memory loss.  In women, the hair on our legs migrates up our bodies, through our head and out onto our faces.  In men, it is moving down from the scalp, through the head, erupting from the ears and eyebrows.  In both cases, the hairs moving thought the brain leave tiny tunnels, leaving the brain looking like swiss cheese.

LOL..after reading the above, I am reminded of my favorite saying concerning randy seniors.  Well, it's a new saying.  I just made it up.  So there.  "I'm kinda like that old dog lying on the porch.  Too old and tired to chase cars anymore, but I do enjoy watching them go by and barking at one on occasion."

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

It's linked to our memory loss.  In women, the hair on our legs migrates up our bodies, through our head and out onto our faces.  In men, it is moving down from the scalp, through the head, erupting from the ears and eyebrows.  In both cases, the hairs moving thought the brain leave tiny tunnels, leaving the brain looking like swiss cheese.

LOL..after reading the above, I am reminded of my favorite saying concerning randy seniors.  Well, it's a new saying.  I just made it up.  So there.  "I'm kinda like that old dog lying on the porch.  Too old and tired to chase cars anymore, but I do enjoy watching them go by and barking at one on occasion."
At last, an actual scientific explanation for the weird behavior of hair on its aging host. 

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise

If that were true then the STD rates in seniors wouldn't be as epidemic as it is.  Those old folks are still chasing and catching the cars.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We love kitties..MEOW!!

The cold does not create the virus that is actually the cause of the common cold but it certainly can depress your immune system.  Hence, the virus is no longer kept in check and goes to work merrily replicating and making you miserable.  Nasty little beasties.  I hope you feel better very soon.

I agree that young girls should have all the privacy they want.  I would have been mortified in your situation. 
The other thing that happens in cold weather is that all the windows are closed, so, if someone else in the office is coming down with something, you're exposed to more of the virus than you would be in the summer.  This is the same thing that happens in a more extreme form in an airplane -- there's almost always someone on board who's feeling under the weather, and the air is being recycled.  A lot of people always get sick after a flight.

I don't have a cold, exactly, but I've been grieving more than usual this month because the first anniversary of my mother's death was one month ago today, and it hit me hard.  The result has been an incredibly stuffy nose (despite Sudafed), which leads to post-nasal drip, which has resulted in a sore throat.  To make it worse, I'm having trouble sleeping because the congestion wakes me up.  I got a hot shower last night before bed, and the steam helped a lot, but I was still awake at 5:30 this morning, which, as far as I'm concerned, is the middle of the night.  (As far as Jasmine is concerned, of course, it's a good time for breakfast.)

Something else that may be helpful is Throat Coat Tea, by Traditional Medicinals.  (Not Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat Tea, also from Traditional Medicinals; it doesn't have slippery elm, which is the active ingredient in Throat Coat Tea.)  Mild, sweet, very easy on the throat.  And if you're diabetic, it won't raise your blood sugar levels, despite the sweetness (from licorice root).

Margret

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You are very fortunate that I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read this, or you would most assuredly have heard from my attorney.