Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Geoffrey update:
Geoffrey has been having a bad run since the last day of February. This entire month has been really bad for him: poor appetite, vomiting, some constipation, feverish, nausea, hiding, and not cuddling with me.; not even sleeping with me... It has been really hard for me.. I felt helpless at times.. and just knew.. and was afraid. But, I guess,I was pretty much able to handle things, keeping in touch with the IMVet.

Yes, it has been very bad. I have a ton of meds in the house. I got some more. I have been in touch with Dr B (internal Med).
Last Wednesday, 3/13, I seriously thought it was his 'time'. I felt that he would be taken in as an emergency appointment, then taken home to spoil, and back to Dr B, today to be put down. He was that bad. I was crying Wednesday afternoon and night.
Today, Dr B said he really did not want to see him last week--- because... Not cuz Dr B was so busy.. but because of what he was afraid to find, for our sake...

Both Dr B and I feel he had pancreatitis. He has had that in the past. Last Tuesday, I started him on Cerenia. This time he has not upchucked it. I put it in a larger gelcap, which seems to help keeping it down.
Thursday, he finally turned around--- with the help of tons of all the meds.

It has been been almost 1.5 years since his diagnosis of SCL. He saw Dr B this morning, had tons of blood work, and a pancreatitis test. Dr B said that I was treating him appropriately; and the only other thing they would have possibly done is IV Fluids. I was giving him enough fluid with his wet food and pills. He also explained that when the time comes, he will stop eating.. nothing will help with his appetite. So, I know...

Just awaiting the results of the blood tests and hoping I can eliminate and decrease some of the meds, if not the doses.

Picture of him being so sick, that he wanted to hide, and too sick to squeeze under my bed. He was trying to hide in-between my pillows, after my bed was made up.. sweet boy.. He pushed the pillows aside, and just plopped down.

IMG_1837.jpeg
... He is such a good cat.. 2 weeks ago, Geoffrey was running away from me, due to all the meds...
Now, I think he realizes that the meds are helping him, and is not fighting me.. Such a good, sweet, gentle boy.
Just wanted to update.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Geoffrey update:
Geoffrey has been having a bad run since the last day of February. This entire month has been really bad for him: poor appetite, vomiting, some constipation, feverish, nausea, hiding, and not cuddling with me.; not even sleeping with me... It has been really hard for me.. I felt helpless at times.. and just knew.. and was afraid. But, I guess,I was pretty much able to handle things, keeping in touch with the IMVet.

Yes, it has been very bad. I have a ton of meds in the house. I got some more. I have been in touch with Dr B (internal Med).
Last Wednesday, 3/13, I seriously thought it was his 'time'. I felt that he would be taken in as an emergency appointment, then taken home to spoil, and back to Dr B, today to be put down. He was that bad. I was crying Wednesday afternoon and night.
Today, Dr B said he really did not want to see him last week--- because... Not cuz Dr B was so busy.. but because of what he was afraid to find, for our sake...

Both Dr B and I feel he had pancreatitis. He has had that in the past. Last Tuesday, I started him on Cerenia. This time he has not upchucked it. I put it in a larger gelcap, which seems to help keeping it down.
Thursday, he finally turned around--- with the help of tons of all the meds.

It has been been almost 1.5 years since his diagnosis of SCL. He saw Dr B this morning, had tons of blood work, and a pancreatitis test. Dr B said that I was treating him appropriately; and the only other thing they would have possibly done is IV Fluids. I was giving him enough fluid with his wet food and pills. He also explained that when the time comes, he will stop eating.. nothing will help with his appetite. So, I know...

Just awaiting the results of the blood tests and hoping I can eliminate and decrease some of the meds, if not the doses.

Picture of him being so sick, that he wanted to hide, and too sick to squeeze under my bed. He was trying to hide in-between my pillows, after my bed was made up.. sweet boy.. He pushed the pillows aside, and just plopped down.

View attachment 472603
... He is such a good cat.. 2 weeks ago, Geoffrey was running away from me, due to all the meds...
Now, I think he realizes that the meds are helping him, and is not fighting me.. Such a good, sweet, gentle boy.
Just wanted to update.
Oh, Cindy, I am so sorry to read this update. Geoffrey is such a sweet and handsome beloved guy! He has been doing so well for so long, and this comes as a shock to me as I'm sure it does to you, to a degree, although of course you are with him every day and know much more than we do. I know you are giving him best care and lots of loving comfort.
Yes, *PRAYERS* for him and for you to be able to decrease his meds to any extent and so improve his comfort.
:redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redcat::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds as though Dr. B trusts you implicitly. I hope Geoffrey's bloodwork comes back without any hiccups. :crossfingers: I'm all too familiar with pancreatitis since Carleton has had several flare ups in the past so I can empathize with you. Hopefully Geoffrey will turn the corner and feel better soon. He looks so content lying in your bed between the pillows.:sleepycat: I hope you can get some much needed rest too.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what me & my boy went through when he became so ill beginning age 17...... it's overwhelming,very difficult but the worst thing is how your heart aches for your very best friend and 24hr a day companion.... we don't want them to suffer one minute or even be uncomfortable and yet who of us wants to let go? It's the very hardest and most painful part of being a pet parent- out living our babies

I pray your strength artiemom artiemom and each and everyday you are filled with Peace and Comfort,that sweet G be Blessed by Divine Intervention for a wonderful quality of life for every one of his days and may they be long and Filled with Love and Joy

I don't force my own Faith on anyone else but these things I pray in the Name Above every name-Jesus I'm not posting to ask anyone to do as I do or whoever does not Believe (certainly not) but for those that do,there is much power in our unity

I love you artiemom artiemom ,you and Geoffrey mean the world to me

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Got most of the lab tests back; except for the Pancreatitis one. Dr B said they all came back 'Great"... WOW. He was amazed as well as myself. Just waiting on the last one.
Geoffrey does not look sick, at all.. is not acting sick. I asked Dr B, this morning, about decreasing his extra meds: as to what order, and how much.
Yesterday afternoon, Geoffie, was a maniac. It had to be adrenaline. Pacing all over for hours! He could not get comfortable. Wanted my turkey & cheese sandwich and the potato salad!!
He even jumped on top of my refrigerator, knocking over the small box fan on top of it!! And, he had the Zoomies after BM # 2 !!! He has not had zoomies for months!
It had to be the adrenaline.

So many ups and downs.. I am exhausted.. both physically and mentally. All these early morning appointments have done me in. And I Today and an additional 2 more days of them.

Geoffrey is pretty much back to his old self. I want to try to cut back on the amount of Mirataz and hopefully eliminate the Cerenia; but this will wait until the results of the fPLI test are in.

Thank you all for your love and support. I will continue to update.. It is so heartening to know Geoffrey has so many people who love him-- almost as much as I do... ❤. BTW, he is still in my daily prayers..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not share your religion but I definitely agree that Prayer has MUCH power, Kwik Kwik and it all goes to the same Place ;) :redheartpump:
And with our Prayer and best thoughts for Geoffrey's wellbeing and Cindy's peace of mind, we all give energy to these important occurrences.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Got most of the lab tests back; except for the Pancreatitis one. Dr B said they all came back 'Great"... WOW. He was amazed as well as myself. Just waiting on the last one.
Geoffrey does not look sick, at all.. is not acting sick. I asked Dr B, this morning, about decreasing his extra meds: as to what order, and how much.
Yesterday afternoon, Geoffie, was a maniac. It had to be adrenaline. Pacing all over for hours! He could not get comfortable. Wanted my turkey & cheese sandwich and the potato salad!!
He even jumped on top of my refrigerator, knocking over the small box fan on top of it!! And, he had the Zoomies after BM # 2 !!! He has not had zoomies for months!
It had to be the adrenaline.

So many ups and downs.. I am exhausted.. both physically and mentally. All these early morning appointments have done me in. And I Today and an additional 2 more days of them.

Geoffrey is pretty much back to his old self. I want to try to cut back on the amount of Mirataz and hopefully eliminate the Cerenia; but this will wait until the results of the fPLI test are in.

Thank you all for your love and support. I will continue to update.. It is so heartening to know Geoffrey has so many people who love him-- almost as much as I do... ❤. BTW, he is still in my daily prayers..
I'm jumping with Joy( in my heart- lol my knee will not co operate)

Oh yes- you and Geoffrey have so many cheerleaders,praying,positive vibes,candles lit,good energy senders- it's all love & support in however its packaged......

Thrilled to know sweet lil Geoffrey is bouncing back again,best update ---- " You go G":cheerleader::yess::heartshape:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
So, his Pancreatic test came back normal.. Dr B just called me. I was surprised. He was not. He said that Geoffrey could have had pancreatitis last week and recovered from it with the Cerenia.. or he may have just gotten some kind of cold or virus!! WEIRD!!

I was sick a month ago with the flu=== weird..

I am to slowly decrease the meds.. over a 2 week period for each med; one med at a time. It is up to me which one to start with. We both agreed on the Cerenia first..

Dr B is the type who will not question good results.. especially if the lab work and demeanor are good. He wants to see him in 4 months. works for me!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So, his Pancreatic test came back normal.. Dr B just called me. I was surprised. He was not. He said that Geoffrey could have had pancreatitis last week and recovered from it with the Cerenia.. or he may have just gotten some kind of cold or virus!! WEIRD!!

I am to slowly decrease the meds.. over a 2 week period for each med; one med at a time. It is up to me which one to start with. We both agreed on the Cerenia first..

Dr B is the type who will not question good results.. especially if the lab work and demeanor are good. He wants to see him in 4 months. works for me!
YAY- FANTASTIC.. I agree with DrB,don't question GOOD results - just GRATEFUL!!!!You must feel very relieved,so happy for you both👍🥰

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

*So very GRATEFUL!* :redheartpump: :redcat: :redheartpump: :cheerleader::goldstar::hugs:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Geoffrey,
IMG_3837.JPG

and prayers for you. :hugs::hugs::hugs:
69406126413f78ee75d1dd3d15e772eb.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
From reading your posts, both past and present, I've always felt Dr. B. was not only knowledgeable but level headed and practical in his advice. Of course he trusts your judgement too. 👍 I'm thrilled Geoffrey does not need another exam for 4 months and I know you must be on cloud 9.:cloud9: How do you plan to celebrate?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Started the slowly decreasing the dose of Cerenia. For whatever reason, his BM's are smaller and harder.. nothing else has changed.. weird. Appetite, with full dose of Mirataz has decreased a bit.. I have to NOT focus on little things, and just wait it out. Will not know fully, until meds are discontinued, as to which one to keep, and at what dose..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Started the slowly decreasing the dose of Cerenia. For whatever reason, his BM's are smaller and harder.. nothing else has changed.. weird. Appetite, with full dose of Mirataz has decreased a bit.. I have to NOT focus on little things, and just wait it out. Will not know fully, until meds are discontinued, as to which one to keep, and at what dose..
I'm like that with so many things, Cindy, and I know how difficult it can be, especially as concerns our loved ones in our care.
Wishing Geoffrey continued good reports and decreasing dosages! and you, peace of mind.:redheartpump::redcat::redheartpump::goodluck::cheerleader::goldstar: