Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the above picture. It was taken before Geoffrey’s biopsy and all the badness began. He has not done this since the SCL diagnosis.
My little boy, whom I love with all my heart.
I want him back— so much, that my heart hurts. And broken

I miss him. I really do. I want my love bug back. My funny little boy— he made me laugh.
He has not been the same since May. I miss him. All he does is hide and rest n away from me. He is afraid of me—-medicine. He is under my bed most of the day. I miss him.

I pray to God to have my little boy back. Every day.

it seems as if I am living with a shell of his former self.

Last edited by a moderator:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So, it is one day at a time with him.
I completely agree. :agree: I think you're wise to recognize this and keep the faith that he can be made comfortable. You're doing all you can to help him and that is what matters. Geoffrey will have good days and bad as will you. My thoughts go out to both of you.:grouphug:

I went on a Trolley Ride this morning.. all around my city, showing the historical sites. It was so interesting.. a beautiful day, gorgeous, sunny, a great breeze.
I'm glad you were able to do something for yourself and take advantage of a weather perfect day. 🌞 It's important to treat yourself especially since it helps relieve stress. 🤗

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, today is a not so good day. I have decided that he needs daily miralax and laxatone. When he does not do a really good poop, his appetite suffers.. That is wha tis happening today.. After eating over a 5.5 oz can yesterday, his appetite today has declined. He did not poop much the past couple of days..

I get it.. I think the Chemo is affecting his BM... making them harder. So I, We, will deal...

Geoffrey is a love bug today.. wanting to be brushed for a bit.. but wanting longer pets than brushing.. sweet baby..

One day at a time.. and loving him while I am dealing...

I did enjoy myself this afternoon.. It was good.. I do have people who care about me, and I do have things to occupy myself.. I do have resources.. This CATSITE is one of them..and all the kind people on here. I appreciate all of you.

I do hope this thread, may, in some way; help an owner who is going through the same thing. I do not want them to ever feel alone... ((HUGS))

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, today is a not so good day. I have decided that he needs daily miralax and laxatone. When he does not do a really good poop, his appetite suffers.. That is wha tis happening today.. After eating over a 5.5 oz can yesterday, his appetite today has declined. He did not poop much the past couple of days..

I get it.. I think the Chemo is affecting his BM... making them harder. So I, We, will deal...

Geoffrey is a love bug today.. wanting to be brushed for a bit.. but wanting longer pets than brushing.. sweet baby..

One day at a time.. and loving him while I am dealing...

I did enjoy myself this afternoon.. It was good.. I do have people who care about me, and I do have things to occupy myself.. I do have resources.. This CATSITE is one of them..and all the kind people on here. I appreciate all of you.

I do hope this thread, may, in some way; help an owner who is going through the same thing. I do not want them to ever feel alone... ((HUGS))
Longer pets? YES. Brushing? Absolutely. A 5.5 oz. can? Oh, yes. Just one day at a time.
Yes, this CatSite is the best, isn't it? We come from all over, all backgrounds, are all ages, etc. but the one thing we all agree on is that we LOVE our CATS.
SNORGLES--lots of them--on Geoffrey!:redheartpump::redcat::redheartpump::hugs:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I felt as if it was time for another update.. forgive me if I am taking advantage of you.

Geoffrey has not been eating, much at all.. since Saturday. I have been trying all different types of food, mostly Weruva.--a ew other grain free, novel protein foods.
He has been licking the juice, more than the meat itself. I have been very upset--to say the least. I have gone crazy trying to find foods to entice him; No go to baby food--Gerber and Beechnut.. He does not seem to like Duck.. He does seem to like fish.. But licking the juice more than the food.

I got a bit mad at IMVet this afternoon.. I really vented to his secretary.. From all I have read, SCL kitten are
prescribed: Chlorambucil, Prednisolone, Zofran, and Mirtazapine--- automatically.. with Cerenia on Chemo Days..
For some reason, Geoffrey has not been prescribed all of this.. I voiced my objections and my demands. Now, I do to know if IMVet is well versed in SCL kitten or has begun treatment on them, and then sending them to Oncologists.. but...Yes, I am questioning things..
IMVet is really compassionate.. and he is going along with my demands.. No objections from him.. I know he has a base of oncologists at Angell to consult with.. I am not stupid.. I always say that I am a 'somewhat educated owner".. and an understanding one from my medical dealings--personal and professional experiences... I know a little but not all....

IMVet has been really good to me.. Now, he seems to understand and is working with me... thank God...

And Dr B has been so good, called me yesterday, on his day off..... OMG.. so dedicated.. so concerned.

I have insisted on mirtazapine--- against my horror of it--meowzitpane, restlessness. But Geoffrey needs it..
I also have to get more Cerenia for him. I am insisting on Zofran, also... I cannot tell if ti is stomach acid or what... I have been instructed to use Cerenia, daily.

I went in to Angell, to get the drugs. ImVet wanted to talk/seee me.. without an appointment. So kind.. so thoughtful..

I gave him 1/2 can of Lamburgini from Weruva-- half a can, he ate it.. An almost full dose of mirtaz, 25 minutes later... By 45 minutes after dosing the mirtz; he was after more food... Thank God!!!

I got the ear cream. It is different from what I had before.. I did not give him the full dose--about 3/4 of it.. It worked!!
The prescribing dose is : "1.5 inches every day, for appetite." I will see how it goes.. for a. couple of days, with this dose.

The Zofran is 1/4 pill---tiny pill, twice a day---I do not think I need it...
IMVET strongly suggests that I give Cerrenia, daily.... .. definitely on Chemo days, my opinion..

Asked if I was a problem to him-- he said, "No.. it is still early (in G's diagnosis) so He still has time"..

Next week is G;s blood test--praying the Budensonide is helping him with the pre-diabetes.. Poor boy.. My little boy..
Again, in tears today, before mirtz.. and in such a down mood...

This is such an emotional roller coaster.. not even a roller coaster..I am at my wits end.. I mean it..
I am so glad I have a therapist appointment tomorrow.. It was originally to help me with weight loss, but it is going to tune to hospice care and how to cope with impending loss, grief.. and the grief I am currently going through..

Addendum:
Geoffrey is eating so much... OMG... the Mirtz really kicked in!! Wonderful feeling.. and he is eating the RAWZ; which he refused earlier this morning!!

I wonder if he needs the Zofran?? I gave him Cerenia this morning...

So so So confused.. my emotional life is not consistent at all.. too much goi go for me..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I felt as if it was time for another update.. forgive me if I am taking advantage of you.

Geoffrey has not been eating, much at all.. since Saturday. I have been trying all different types of food, mostly Weruva.--a ew other grain free, novel protein foods.
He has been licking the juice, more than the meat itself. I have been very upset--to say the least. I have gone crazy trying to find foods to entice him; No go to baby food--Gerber and Beechnut.. He does not seem to like Duck.. He does seem to like fish.. But licking the juice more than the food.

I got a bit mad at IMVet this afternoon.. I really vented to his secretary.. From all I have read, SCL kitten are
prescribed: Chlorambucil, Prednisolone, Zofran, and Mirtazapine--- automatically.. with Cerenia on Chemo Days..
For some reason, Geoffrey has not been prescribed all of this.. I voiced my objections and my demands. Now, I do to know if IMVet is well versed in SCL kitten or has begun treatment on them, and then sending them to Oncologists.. but...Yes, I am questioning things..
IMVet is really compassionate.. and he is going along with my demands.. No objections from him.. I know he has a base of oncologists at Angell to consult with.. I am not stupid.. I always say that I am a 'somewhat educated owner".. and an understanding one from my medical dealings--personal and professional experiences... I know a little but not all....

IMVet has been really good to me.. Now, he seems to understand and is working with me... thank God...

And Dr B has been so good, called me yesterday, on his day off..... OMG.. so dedicated.. so concerned.

I have insisted on mirtazapine--- against my horror of it--meowzitpane, restlessness. But Geoffrey needs it..
I also have to get more Cerenia for him. I am insisting on Zofran, also... I cannot tell if ti is stomach acid or what... I have been instructed to use Cerenia, daily.

I went in to Angell, to get the drugs. ImVet wanted to talk/seee me.. without an appointment. So kind.. so thoughtful..

I gave him 1/2 can of Lamburgini from Weruva-- half a can, he ate it.. An almost full dose of mirtaz, 25 minutes later... By 45 minutes after dosing the mirtz; he was after more food... Thank God!!!

I got the ear cream. It is different from what I had before.. I did not give him the full dose--about 3/4 of it.. It worked!!
The prescribing dose is : "1.5 inches every day, for appetite." I will see how it goes.. for a. couple of days, with this dose.

The Zofran is 1/4 pill---tiny pill, twice a day---I do not think I need it...
IMVET strongly suggests that I give Cerrenia, daily.... .. definitely on Chemo days, my opinion..

Asked if I was a problem to him-- he said, "No.. it is still early (in G's diagnosis) so He still has time"..

Next week is G;s blood test--praying the Budensonide is helping him with the pre-diabetes.. Poor boy.. My little boy..
Again, in tears today, before mirtz.. and in such a down mood...

This is such an emotional roller coaster.. not even a roller coaster..I am at my wits end.. I mean it..
I am so glad I have a therapist appointment tomorrow.. It was originally to help me with weight loss, but it is going to tune to hospice care and how to cope with impending loss, grief.. and the grief I am currently going through..

Addendum:
Geoffrey is eating so much... OMG... the Mirtz really kicked in!! Wonderful feeling.. and he is eating the RAWZ; which he refused earlier this morning!!

I wonder if he needs the Zofran?? I gave him Cerenia this morning...

So so So confused.. my emotional life is not consistent at all.. too much goi go for me..
Of course I cannot advise, but I share your joy that Geoffrey is eating--a good amount!--and pray he continues to do so without problems. Really hoping that this is consistent for Geoffrey and also that it elevates your mood. You both need that very much at this time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I felt as if it was time for another update.. forgive me if I am taking advantage of you. Geoffrey is eating so much... OMG... the Mirtz really kicked in!! Wonderful feeling.
I can't imagine anyone would think you're taking advantage of them. The members who are reading your posts and updates are concerned about Geoffrey and we're here to support you. :hugs:

Terrific news that the Mirtazapine stimulated Geoffrey's appetite and he's eating again. :thumbsup: I'm sure it will give him more energy too. Continued prayers and special thoughts for both of you. 🙏 :vibes::vibes::vibes:🙏

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like that you got the Mirtaz cream. As you have already discovered, it is easier to tune the dose based on the length of the ribbon. Alternate ears and do your best to wash prior days doses off. It can irritate his ears and make the med less effective if you are simply layering new doses on top of unwashed old doses. That’s how I got into the mess of having to switch Betty to the mirtz pill. If G hasn’t been chatty with mirtz, consider yourself blessed. And if he has, double that for the pill crazies. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Whether he needs Zofran and/or Cerenia is going to come down to trial and error. Give him the Zofran for a few days. If he eats better, he’s nauseated. If he doesn’t, save those for when he seems nauseated next. Same but different with Cerenia. If you stop giving him Cerenia for a few days and his eating picks up, he might be one of those cats for whom Cerenia reduces their appetite. Betty and Krista both fell into that camp.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
daftcat75 daftcat75 Thank you so much for responding.. ❤. I have used a Prozac ear cream for Geoffrey, a while ago. It was for severe anxiety. I remember the instructions on ear cream: Alternate ears, wash down ear with a moist cotton ball of makeup pad, in between doses, so it does not build up. I was getting it from a local compounding pharmacy at the time . The pharmacist was great and gave me the tricks...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Time for another update...
Geoffrey is still here, hanging in there. Since changing his meds up--- giving different and more meds, and the mirtazapine, he is now eating me out of house and home. He has regained all his lost weight, plus more--now a piggy.
He is alert, not as chatty as I thought he would be while on the mirtz. Geoffrey yells at me when his food bowl is empty; and I mean YELLS!!

Geoffrey is getting fussy with food also; getting tired of the Rawz. I am now in the habit of giving him some Weruva non- chicken food, (dislikes beef), as a treat for the nightly Zofran. I give him 1/2 of a can for that; along with a spoonful of Rawz in the morning. This is instead of pilling him.

He is so alert!! I had a visitor here on Saturday. The comment was, "Looking at him, you would never know he was sick."
I have to agree. He looks good, except for the missing fur.

I tried not giving him Cerenia today. I think he ?May? need it on chemo days; not on other days. I think the Zofran is helping him.
Since he has gained so much weight and is getting fussy with food; I cut back on the mirtz dose tonight. He is still taking it daily. IMVet will be in on Wednesday.

Thursday, Geoffrey has blood tests and a urinalysis scheduled. The urinalysis is to see if he is spilling glucose into his urine. I pray none will show up.. but with our luck...

Geoffrey is getting much more cuddly.. if that was possible. Still not a lap cat. He is back to jumping on top of my printer which is in my bedroom, on top of my chest of drawers. He loves it.. From that vantage point, he can look straight out the window, watching things. When I go over to him, we head bop, he immediately begins purring, stretching, and rolling over--as I say: doing "tricks"... Always purring.

During the evening, when I am on my recliner, Geoffrey is right behind me, on a box, which has a scatter rug on top of it.
He knows when I am going to bed, He is jumping on top of the bed, BEFORE I even get in it!! Wanting to cuddle!!

Geoffrey cuddles all night with me!! I mean cuddles, right up against me. His spine has to be against me.. or his bum.. or his side!! He is upset when I move!! and he is constantly purring..

I think he understands that I am trying to help him.. but he is still a cat.. He spit out a pill this morning. I did not realize it, until I was vacuuming!! I told him off for doing that!! He just looked at me..

Right now, he is in his carrier, located in the living area, waiting for his Weruva Treat.. At 5 pm, I told him that it was too early. He did not like that.

Fingers crossed about the blood test. I dread Thursday. Our appointment is at 11am... I will know the results by that night.
759527C1-8298-441A-977E-429C001A6B41.jpeg D4CA8D39-6F60-4562-8E40-5A425474CDB7.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is still here, hanging in there. Since changing his meds up--- giving different and more meds, and the mirtazapine, he is now eating me out of house and home. He has regained all his lost weight, plus more--now a piggy.
He is alert, not as chatty as I thought he would be while on the mirtz. Geoffrey yells at me when his food bowl is empty; and I mean YELLS!!

Geoffrey is getting fussy with food also; getting tired of the Rawz. I am now in the habit of giving him some Weruva non- chicken food, (dislikes beef), as a treat for the nightly Zofran. I give him 1/2 of a can for that; along with a spoonful of Rawz in the morning. This is instead of pilling him.

He is so alert!! I had a visitor here on Saturday. The comment was, "Looking at him, you would never know he was sick."

I tried not giving him Cerenia today. I think he ?May? need it on chemo days; not on other days. I think the Zofran is helping him.
Since he has gained so much weight and is getting fussy with food; I cut back on the mirtz dose tonight. He is still taking it daily. IMVet will be in on Wednesday.

Thursday, Geoffrey has blood tests and a urinalysis scheduled. The urinalysis is to see if he is spilling glucose into his urine. I pray none will show up.. but with our luck...

Geoffrey is getting much more cuddly.. if that was possible. Still not a lap cat. He is back to jumping on top of my printer which is in my bedroom, on top of my chest of drawers. He loves it.. From that vantage point, he can look straight out the window, watching things. When I go over to him, we head bop, he immediately begins purring, stretching, and rolling over--as I say: doing "tricks"... Always purring.

During the evening, when I am on my recliner, Geoffrey is right behind me, on a box, which has a scatter rug on top of it.
He knows when I am going to bed, He is jumping on top of the bed, BEFORE I even get in it!! Wanting to cuddle!!

Geoffrey cuddles all night with me!! I mean cuddles, right up against me. His spine has to be against me.. or his bum.. or his side!! He is upset when I move!! and he is constantly purring..

I think he understands that I am trying to help him.. but he is still a cat.. He spit out a pill this morning. I did not realize it, until I was vacuuming!! I told him off for doing that!! He just looked at me..

Right now, he is in his carrier, located in the living area, waiting for his Weruva Treat.. At 5 pm, I told him that it was too early. He did not like that.

Fingers crossed about the blood test. I dread Thursday. Our appointment is at 11am... I will know the results by that night.
View attachment 431976View attachment 431977
Those are WONDERFUL pix! Geoffrey does look wonderfully healthy and happy (and while I love your framed art, with Geoffrey, you get BOTH! Elvis has that kind of personality, too, and often likes to sleep back-to-back with me. I love when he does that!)
What does he think of lamb? Or is that not one to try?
SNORGLES on Geoffrey from me, and *PRAYERS* and best thoughts and wishes for him, for a GOOD test.:redheartpump::redcat::redheartpump::cheerleader::goodluck:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fingers crossed about the blood test.
Fingers crossed for Geoffrey and you too. :crossfingers: I hope you will be able to post the results if you get them Thursday night.
So happy his sweet personality has returned and the two of you can cuddle. :catlove: He is so handsome and grateful for all the love you have lavished on him.:hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 431976View attachment 431977
Thanks for the fantastic update! Coco is a major lap cat. She pushes her body against me and rubs her face all over mine. Peaches growls if I squirm in bed. So glad he's better