Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn it. it had to happen on a weekend, and at night.. Dam..
Geoffrey has diarrhea!! dam..

I think him refusing the Rawz had something to do with it. I am not blaming the Rawz. I am blaming the Weruva ....
dam...

Really bad diarrhea... like water.. dam... and it is Saturday night, almost Sunday.. dam.. and I have a headache beginning!!

I need to look up S Boullardi dose.. dam.. I have some in the house.. dam.. I may have to call covering Vet tomorrow, at Angell.. dam..

Back to his prescription food.. I now realize I have a couple of BAD cases.. I cannot remember where I got them from.. double dam. too late now. I think they were probably the last cases before one of the major shutdowns.. dam. The texture is 'off'. and the smell is very strong. If you mash it down and add some water, it looks ok... but....dam

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
This all sounds good. If the mirtz and Zofran are working for him, I would leave them for awhile. Get some peaceful continuity for the both of you. I’m relieved the budesonide is working out for him.
Never seems to be any 'peaceful continuity" around here.....dam

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn it. it had to happen on a weekend, and at night.. Dam..
Geoffrey has diarrhea!! dam..

I think him refusing the Rawz had something to do with it. I am not blaming the Rawz. I am blaming the Weruva ....
dam...

Really bad diarrhea... like water.. dam... and it is Saturday night, almost Sunday.. dam.. and I have a headache beginning!!

I need to look up S Boullardi dose.. dam.. I have some in the house.. dam.. I may have to call covering Vet tomorrow, at Angell.. dam..

Back to his prescription food.. I now realize I have a couple of BAD cases.. I cannot remember where I got them from.. double dam. too late now. I think they were probably the last cases before one of the major shutdowns.. dam. The texture is 'off'. and the smell is very strong. If you mash it down and add some water, it looks ok... but....dam
Things were getting better then suddenly....
Maybe he ate something? I want to feed my my cat wellness core cuts in gravy. Slowly get her off the lamn/tuna. So glad I have 3 cats. Coco will eat anything

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S boulardii can be dosed at 1/2 capsule twice a day for a therapeutic dose if this was a one off loose stool.

If the diarrhea is happening more frequently than normal poops, you can reduce the dose to 1/4 capsule and give every two hours until the diarrhea stops.

You can give it with or without food. If he likes the taste (Krista did, Betty doesn’t), you can roll a small amount of food in the powder and feed him the yeast balls.

S boulardii has a very wide safety profile. He’ll probably get sick of eating the stuff before you give him a harmful dose.

My Cat Has Diarrhea - What Do I Do?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Up all night with Geoffrey. He has diarrhea!! Yup, tru diarrhea! dm...
I am so exhausted. It hit, last night as I went to bed. Great timing.
Poor baby. I know it is his IBD... He stopped eating his prescription food, Went to Rawz.. Then he started not eating... Vet said give him anything.. When he was given Zofran, I tried a 1/2 can of Weruva to take it. That progressed to 1/2 can a day, as a treat for his pills..
Friday night, and all day yesterday, he was fussing with his Rawz.. not eating it. Since it was a chemo day, I gave him a
Weruva beef & tuna pouch... then the explosion happened.

Poor thing.. Geoffrey was pacing back & forth, not eating even after the Mirtaz... Crying as he walked, which is not a reaction form him with the mirtz.. I thought it strange. He yelled, and had diarrhea.. poor thing.. must have been the cramps..

So each time he had a cramp, he would jump on me, cry, pace and then into litter box... .

Praying his diarrhea stops. I have S Boulardi. At 1AM, I was emptying the capsules into a tiny plastic bowl, and filling
size 3 empty gel caps. I was afraid to give it to him.. I looked up the dosage on IBDKITTIES.COM.
The diarrhea has slowed down.. only once in box--must have dozed off for a couple hours. And a tiny squiggle when I came back from Mass.
I think he was just in litter box. If there is more in there, I am going to try one of my capsules.
He has no appetite despite the mirtz.. dam

With this cat, it is one small step forward, one major jump backward... I think he is running out of lives..

And it is the Weekend... and the Jewish Holiday! Dr B will not be in until Wednesday. He does not have an associate covering.. but there is a covering Vet (ER) whom, I was told, will call Dr B directly if there is an issue.
I do not want to bother him, because he is so busy and dedicated. Last time I had to call the on call, Dr B called me on the 4th of July..

daftcat75 daftcat75 Thanks for the info... I am going to try it.. I gave Geoffrey a Proviable DC.. no S Boulardi in it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up all night with Geoffrey. He has diarrhea!! Yup, tru diarrhea! dm...
I am so exhausted. It hit, last night as I went to bed. Great timing.
Poor baby. I know it is his IBD... He stopped eating his prescription food, Went to Rawz.. Then he started not eating... Vet said give him anything.. When he was given Zofran, I tried a 1/2 can of Weruva to take it. That progressed to 1/2 can a day, as a treat for his pills..
Friday night, and all day yesterday, he was fussing with his Rawz.. not eating it. Since it was a chemo day, I gave him a
Weruva beef & tuna pouch... then the explosion happened.

Poor thing.. Geoffrey was pacing back & forth, not eating even after the Mirtaz... Crying as he walked, which is not a reaction form him with the mirtz.. I thought it strange. He yelled, and had diarrhea.. poor thing.. must have been the cramps..

So each time he had a cramp, he would jump on me, cry, pace and then into litter box... .

Praying his diarrhea stops. I have S Boulardi. At 1AM, I was emptying the capsules into a tiny plastic bowl, and filling
size 3 empty gel caps. I was afraid to give it to him.. I looked up the dosage on IBDKITTIES.COM.
The diarrhea has slowed down.. only once in box--must have dozed off for a couple hours. And a tiny squiggle when I came back from Mass.
I think he was just in litter box. If there is more in there, I am going to try one of my capsules.
He has no appetite despite the mirtz.. dam

With this cat, it is one small step forward, one major jump backward... I think he is running out of lives..

And it is the Weekend... and the Jewish Holiday! Dr B will not be in until Wednesday. He does not have an associate covering.. but there is a covering Vet (ER) whom, I was told, will call Dr B directly if there is an issue.
I do not want to bother him, because he is so busy and dedicated. Last time I had to call the on call, Dr B called me on the 4th of July..

daftcat75 daftcat75 Thanks for the info... I am going to try it.. I gave Geoffrey a Proviable DC.. no S Boulardi in it.
I know you are conscientious and caring, but that's what the ER doc is there for and I wouldn't hesitate if you need help.
And IDK if there is any difference between the tinned and pouched food, but I've never liked the idea of pouches so I've never bought them.
If you look at the SKU number, you may be able to look that up and find out where those cases were sent.
*PRAYERS* for Geoffrey to "firm up" and return to eating enthusiastically and feeling better!!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
SHUSH ~~~~~~ I am afraid to say this; but, the diarrhea seems to have stopped! Thank God.. Nothing since around 9am..
Geoffrey is exhausted. I am exhausted. We both cuddle down, on top of my bed, for a nap late morning into early afternoon. He is back to eating the good RC canned food. I have ore to order, especially since I am throwing out the 2 cases of the badness, that I have. I am not going to donate it. I would feel horrible if it did not agree with a kitty..

I never used the S Boulardi. I have it packed up in gel caps.. for just in case.

Geoffrey is better. I am going to pill him for the Zofran, instead of using some Weruva Canned food. Not going to up set his tummy, any more than it is. I did give him one Proviable DC. I doubt very much if that made a difference.

The food that put him over the edge was Weruva Beef & Tuna(?) or sal on. I forget. I threw the pouch away.
When I was buying the food, I put the bags, along with the receipt for each bag, in my closet. It would be easier to return..
I will try that sometime this week.

I know I am going to fall asleep while watching TV tonight.. Celebrity Jeopardy is on. I will be lucky if I stay up for it..

Right now, Geoffrey is acting normal.. not chan going anything. Tomorrow is a chemo day---dam... I am not giving CERenia tomorrow. That is the first drug I will be eliminating.. and probably the only one..

Sorry If I do not make any sense---sleep deprived.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I know you are conscientious and caring, but that's what the ER doc is there for and I wouldn't hesitate if you need help.
And IDK if there is any difference between the tinned and pouched food, but I've never liked the idea of pouches so I've never bought them.
If you look at the SKU number, you may be able to look that up and find out where those cases were sent.
*PRAYERS* for Geoffrey to "firm up" and return to eating enthusiastically and feeling better!!!
I know, but this ER doctor, is not even known to Dr B's secretary..... I would call if I felt it was really needed; as in: if Geoffrey still had diarrhea into and during today.

How can you tell from the SKU number where a product came from? curious...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure Proviable will be as effective as s. boulardii. I guess try one and then move on to the other if it's not helping.
Believer me, If the diarrhea was not tapering off, the S Boulardi would be. # 1. ....... Will see what happens tomorrow and Tuesday. I feel nothing will come out Monday... Tuesday will be the day..

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ondansetron is quite capable for a chemo day. Give it a try. If he doesn't do well, you could switch him back to Cerenia for chemo days. But I think you'll find Zofran is enough.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, but this ER doctor, is not even known to Dr B's secretary..... I would call if I felt it was really needed; as in: if Geoffrey still had diarrhea into and during today.

How can you tell from the SKU number where a product came from? curious...
Well, you probably only buy and/or order from a limited number of vendors, right? And they should have a record of the SKU #s they receive, because, with all of the recalls and various other customer service problems, they would need to. You could also look the SKU #s up on any of the "recalled cat food" sites to see if they happen to be on there. I know you're beyond tired of all of these problems! but you've spent good money on these cases, for your loved one, and IMHO I'd just wait until you aren't so tired and do have some time, and delve into it. IMHO, again, I think the mfrs and vendors to greater or lesser extent, won't do a damn thing until/unless people speak up and take them to task when this happens. It's exhausting and demoralizing and all the rest. But (again) IMHO, I want to see them taken to task for shoddy practices. Of course, it could just be that the food was in a truck and overheated. I watch a lot of trucking/heavy recovery shows on The Weather Channel (excellent, by the way) and I know this happens, probably more often than we know. Still, when something impacts my loved one(s) (including me) I want to do everything possible to not just let it slide. As the hair color ad goes, "I'm worth it!" and my loved ones, ABSOLUTELY worth it.
Very glad Geoffrey is doing better. *PRAYERS* for that to continue. He's been doing so well! :redheartpump: :redcat::redheartpump:
Hope you get to see the whole show. I fall asleep in front of the TV almost every night, so I empathize.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is doing really good today! A totally different cat from Saturday, day and night. While I am still recuperating..

This morning, just before 7:00 am, I had a MEOW>> and someone was trying to pull the covers off of me!!
I kept ignoring him, saying, "Too Early".. kept rolling over; but, Geoffrey was adamant that I get up! The sun was shining, he just wanted me UP.... would not take No for an answer. I dealt with this for about 40 minutes or so, then I got up..This is like his 'old' self...

He expected his 'treat' food (bad or him) with a Zofran.. nope, Fooled him.. back to the prescription food. He snubbed his nose at it, but came back around 20 minutes later, and ate his full portion. I pilled him both the Zofran and Budesonide.

Geoffrey has been nibbling all day---free feeding. So glad; both the wet and dry RC Rabbit.
He was brushed, we cuddled for a bit.. he was looking out his (my bedroom) window, on his high perch (printer)...
Now, he is under my bedspread.. He did poop a tiny bit---normal.

Last night, he jumped on his cat tree, a few times.. He is getting more and more like his old self. I just wish the fur loss would stop--it is getting larger and larger.. I wonder if it is overgrowing, as the Vet says.. It is along his spine, only on one side. We have changed all his meds, except the Chlorambucil. I think it may be a combination of the chemo and grooming. His fur looks thin, overall. I can see more white coming out.. instead of the buff color tabby.

So today, I am lazing around. Not doing anything. Being very lazy. I think I need and deserve it. I am taking time to just 'Be"...

I am going to eventually return much of the Weruva food, that I bought. I will keep a few on hand, but.... if it does not agree with him.. then why keep it. I could use the money. I saved the receipts...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is doing really good today! A totally different cat from Saturday, day and night. While I am still recuperating..

This morning, just before 7:00 am, I had a MEOW>> and someone was trying to pull the covers off of me!!
I kept ignoring him, saying, "Too Early".. kept rolling over; but, Geoffrey was adamant that I get up! The sun was shining, he just wanted me UP.... would not take No for an answer. I dealt with this for about 40 minutes or so, then I got up..This is like his 'old' self...

He expected his 'treat' food (bad or him) with a Zofran.. nope, Fooled him.. back to the prescription food. He snubbed his nose at it, but came back around 20 minutes later, and ate his full portion. I pilled him both the Zofran and Budesonide.

Geoffrey has been nibbling all day---free feeding. So glad; both the wet and dry RC Rabbit.
He was brushed, we cuddled for a bit.. he was looking out his (my bedroom) window, on his high perch (printer)...

Last night, he jumped on his cat tree, a few times.. He is getting more and more like his old self. I just wish the fur loss would stop--it is getting larger and larger.. I wonder if it is overgrowing, as the Vet says.. It is along his spine, only on one side. We have changed all his meds, except the Chlorambucil. I think it may be a combination of the chemo and grooming. His fur looks thin, overall. I can see more white coming out.. instead of the buff color tabby.

So today, I am lazing around. Not doing anything. Being very lazy. I think I need and deserve it. I am taking time to just 'Be"...

I am going to eventually return much of the Weruva food, that I bought. I will keep a few on hand, but.... if it does not agree with him.. then why keep it. I could use the money. I saved the receipts...
It'll be interesting to see what daftcat75 daftcat75 has to say about the fur loss. My first thought was, okay, Geoffrey is getting rid of his summer fur in prep for Autumn. But that would be his white undercoat, not his orange topcoat. ??? We do know that humans can lose hair with chemo.
Hope you can get a refund on that Weruva--and maybe get something Geoffrey likes, that also likes Geoffrey. ;):winkcat:
Elvis does what Geoffrey does, too! He comes up to whichever side I'm facing, and claws the sheet back. I usually help him and invite him in, but he doesn't take me up on it.
So great to hear Geoffrey is enjoying jumping on his cat tree again! Good "catertainment" and good exercise!:redheartpump::gingercat2::redheartpump:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No comment on the hair loss. Krista's fur thinned but she didn't lose any--not to the chemo anyway. The vets kept taking belly and arm fur for ultrasounds and IV's. Those come back very slowly.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

What are the side affects of budenside and Zofran? Curious since prednisolone can cause hair loss. My cat josie lost a lot of fur from it