From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So far no snow and already 3 hours late. Hopefully it won't be wet and just a tad cold. I'd worry less about the cats if it snow/rain was not part of the equation.

It is snowing now and the cats took off (I guess to last years winter place). I hope they don't get trapped and get food. Do cats travel out in snow to eat? I'm really scared as they only ate 4.5 oz of wet food this morning. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
You think they had enough food to tie them over. It's going to stop Tuesday morning which is tragic as far as cats eating :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I think today I'm not going to worry about timed feedings but put some kibble on a large plate and let them come and get the food as they see they'll be alone with not being disturbed.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The kibble is a great idea :)

You think they had enough food to tie them over.
..I think that including this morning and with the kibble, they've been eating pretty consistently and well, and so their body fat should be in pretty decent condition, thanks to you :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea they ate 4.5 oz of 9 Live Super Supper this morning and I just put out the kibble. Cooper and Shadow are eating. Shaman is not in sight so I think she's hunkered down somewhere. Hopefully these two will take off to potty and she can sneak in and eat at lunch or so. The cats have to potty at some but I have to remind myself she survived last year's overly frigid winter

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
It stopped snowing. Shaman came back and I gave her some more wet food since she really gets run off a lot. She ate 1 1/2 of her daily allowance but being cold and maybe more snow I'm not worrying much. She'll need the added insulation. Then Cooper came back and ate a bit from her for awhile until Shadow returned and yep, Shaman left (not in fear though). I made sure I told Cooper how proud I was of him for not bothering Shaman. I'm used to Shadow and Shaman not getting along and there is no bullying between the 2 of them, just avoidance.

I'm laying down because of illness/injury and got an alert of movement on my Wyze Cam. Shaman was eating out of the food bowl just inches from the tent Cooper was napping in. He woke up and watched her without bothering her. I feel horrible that I can't go outside with them. I sure wish there was a way to let them know Momma (me) is not feeling very well. It breaks my heart watching them stare at the door wanting me to come outside. :(

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
It stopped snowing. Shaman came back and I gave her some more wet food since she really gets run off a lot. She ate 1 1/2 of her daily allowance but being cold and maybe more snow I'm not worrying much. She'll need the added insulation. Then Cooper came back and ate a bit from her for awhile until Shadow returned and yep, Shaman left (not in fear though). I made sure I told Cooper how proud I was of him for not bothering Shaman. I'm used to Shadow and Shaman not getting along and there is no bullying between the 2 of them, just avoidance.

I'm laying down because of illness/injury and got an alert of movement on my Wyze Cam. Shaman was eating out of the food bowl just inches from the tent Cooper was napping in. He woke up and watched her without bothering her. I feel horrible that I can't go outside with them. I sure wish there was a way to let them know Momma (me) is not feeling very well. It breaks my heart watching them stare at the door wanting me to come outside. :(
:redheartpump::alright::petcat:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I think my immunity is low due to the injuries. Just hope the cats don't think I don't want to be with them.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Crying. This is what we have. And he still will not use the shelter in the stairwell. 😥

517640C9-1D90-484B-9821-EAC2ECC3142F.png

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d upload video but media isn’t working for me since site update

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m crying. He’ll freeze to death not using the shelter. But I don’t want to leave them with nothing. 😥

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Stubborn!!
One thing, he's not in the snow, and he's a tad warmer with the heat from the building plus being out of the wind helps immensely.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea that's true. Shaman came back again to eat and the snow stopped He let her eat for 20 minutes and then he was like "Hey leave the rest for the others" and she took off. The warming pad does get wet but I noticed it dries quickly. Not sure where Shadow is, I guess she's in the bushes somewhere.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think I should lay the back of the tents against the wall or should they be fine as they are? It's only going to be really bad til Tuesday morning and then back up in the 40s

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They're probably ok, I guess it depends on the direction of the wind, which is changeable in a storm...I think I'd leave them as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.