From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about Shaman, I hope she recovers! No matter what happens, you have been a source of joy and move for these cats. Never forget the positive impact you have in their lives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just listening to the clip again (wish I had more than one cam) and realized it sounded like the same species fighting each other. So I looked at playback that was released and noticed that a cat went running off towards the tree. That would be Shaman as she loves that tree this one went to. Mind you it's dark outside so I'm going by silhouettes and attitude. I rewound a bit before the "attack" noticed Sopdet was lazing around just moments before this happened. It dawned upon me that it could have been Sopdet and Shaman, so I rewound to yesterday morning when the two had a similar fight and the sounds were identical. And while I wish they'd get along with each other 100% of the time I do feel better knowing that it most likely was Sopdet and Shaman having their usual disagreement, considering one minute the two are fighting fur flying and all and the next their napping next to each other. Anyway back to the story, I watched carefully on the cam after the "cat" ran off and saw 3 raccoons coming from the other direction, nowhere near where the fight or a possible chase was. I thought it odd that after all these months the raccoons would decide to attack one of the cats. And then of course at the time it happened, my 2G (cam runs on that) went down so I had to wait for it to come back on to view the playback.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting very annoyed with these raccoons. Nothing against them but they did more damage. So far they have cost us 5K in damages on this property. Cute as can be but very destructive creatures. How quickly would these raccoons find their way back if I had wildlife rescue relocate them? We don't have the funds to have them keep destroying our property like this. They're worse then the moles. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
All 3 are fine this morning. But I am looking into finding of way of raccoon removal. We don't have 5K a week to take care of their destructiveness. Nothing to do with the cats but there's too much property destroyed now by these raccoons. I see they were doing this long before the cats showed up.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhm we have a newcomer. And this is what is the weirdest: another calico with the exact markings, placement and all as Shaman. Yes you heard that correctly. 100% identical. I couldn't get cam of Shaman 2 but Shaman was sitting right next to me at the time Shaman 2 appeared.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhm we have a newcomer. And this is what is the weirdest: another calico with the exact markings, placement and all as Shaman. Yes you heard that correctly. 100% identical. I couldn't get cam of Shaman 2 but Shaman was sitting right next to me at the time Shaman 2 appeared.
As soon as possible..love to see picture of the New kitty on the cam...hopefully the new kitty will walk in front of cam soon....or maybe u will be able to get a picture....

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt the other cat will return. Treasure won't allow and he's the boss here when it comes to other cats

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooper has to lay low til he sees Treasure head to the front yard before he slinks in to eat. And that is a hurried attempt or there is definitely a confrontation between the two. And I'm sure you know by now that cats actually lay down the law, not us.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I went outside, Sopdet got scared and almost got hit by a car running. I am so worried now. I get to the point I think she's warming up and then this kind of tragedy happens. And we're by a busy intersection that took lots of cats/dogs. I don't think she'll ever ever like me. I'm so sad. :(

What's even worse is that Treasure is outside crying and looking for her. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Two hours and Sopdet has not been seen since she almost got killed
:( Treasure is outside yowling pitifully at the moment. I'm so very sad about this latest tragedy.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I went outside, Sopdet got scared and almost got hit by a car running. I am so worried now. I get to the point I think she's warming up and then this kind of tragedy happens. And we're by a busy intersection that took lots of cats/dogs. I don't think she'll ever ever like me. I'm so sad. :(

What's even worse is that Treasure is outside crying and looking for her. :(
I hope Sopdet is ok :petcat:.N hope Treasure calms down:petcat: N so sorry u r going through all the bad stuff.:grouphug:.:alright:May God BE WITH YOU AND ALL your KITTIES...Amen

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure has 2 best friends. Shaman who is his littermate of 5 years and Sopdet. I am not sure of the relationship between the 2 although Shaman and Sopdet don't get along on most days. So he's going to be distraught if anything happens to Sopdet and Shaman. Just like if anything would happen to one of our best friends. He's off looking for her now.

I'm off to look for her too. She hasn't come back from that area and trust me, she would be seen on my cam to get back here if she was ok. I'm very sad and upset over this tragedy. :(

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure has 2 best friends. Shaman who is his littermate of 5 years and Sopdet. I am not sure of the relationship between the 2 although Shaman and Sopdet don't get along on most days. So he's going to be distraught if anything happens to Sopdet and Shaman. Just like if anything would happen to one of our best friends. He's off looking for her now.

I'm off to look for her too. She hasn't come back from that area and trust me, she would be seen on my cam to get back here if she was ok. I'm very sad and upset over this tragedy. :(
My prayers are with u n the kitties...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sady Treasure May have to find a new home if this isn’t resolved. In 1 month he attacked Shaman, Cooper and now me. I hate doing it and he’s sweet normally but his attacks are very dangerous to the other cats and myself.

My heart is breaking in two over this tragedy. i probably will never see Sopdet again due to injury or death and Treasure may have to wind up being moved to some other person because of his aggressive behaviour. Such a tragic situation in all ways. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sopdet is back. So happy.

A little funny here. Anyway I'm watching through the cam and saw one of the raccoons. I'm still annoyed with this bugger after the 5K damage they caused the other night so I put on a soundtrack of an angry hissing snarling cougar. The raccoon looked into the mirror I set up, saw his/her reflection and took off like you know what, followed by 3 cats. lol The cats came back though but the noise startled them all.

Last edited:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will need a professional to handle anything you do with Racoons
In California it is illegal to relocate Raccoons, they get disoriented and do not know where their food source is. If you do anything please do this in a correct manner.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I thought Wildlife Rescue Center is a professional since they are connected to our Missouri Conservation Department as well as our St Louis Zoo. Until then I'll scare them off with loud music or the sound of an angry cougar as I don't have 5K weekly to repair their damages. With 100 other neighbors they can go to their homes and cause the damage there. :)

Also, at this moment, zombie disease is contagious among St Louis raccoons and that can spread to humans as well so are we supposed to wait til one of them attacks a neighbors kid or a pet? So here we are to monitor them and do what is necessary for our protection. So far these raccoons are healthy as I've been observing but I doubt playing a loud angry cougar is against the law. Otherwise arrest the fraternity boys behind my house that have live bands til 3 or 4 am. Which in 63 years has never happened. But no I would never take it upon myself to remove the raccoons, but you can bet I'll scare them off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.