From Feral To Lap Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Moles have been chased off by the cats. And my Mom knows the difference between the destruction of a mole and a raccoon so that wouldn't have worked (considering the holes/tunnels were coming from underground). But no more as I think Treasure killed a few. The raccoons destruction is a lot worse though and it's costing us like 2K to be repaired. Cute but destructive.

Last night I was watching on cam and Treasure chased off a possum. haha That possum wasn't hurting anything. And the fights continue between Treasure and Cooper. :/

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it's too late to edit the last post, I think these cats like to take turns disappearing. Friday Treasure disappeared for 12 hours and last few months that's unusual for him. Then, when he came back Shaman disappeared for 24 hours and like Treasure she's pretty settled here. Now Sopdet has disappeared but with her I'm thinking she's still trying to figure me out, although I did hear a short cat yelp last night outside my window after she wandered off cam and now she's gone. I do hope she's ok after the yelp I heard. :(

There went that theory. I have no idea how to feed Cooper. First I have to hide the fact I'm feeding the cats from Mom and then I can't do anything outside without Treasure following me. So to feed Cooper, I have to (somehow) sneak from Treasure. What a horrible tragedy :(

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it's too late to edit the last post, I think these cats like to take turns disappearing. Friday Treasure disappeared for 12 hours and last few months that's unusual for him. Then, when he came back Shaman disappeared for 24 hours and like Treasure she's pretty settled here. Now Sopdet has disappeared but with her I'm thinking she's still trying to figure me out, although I did hear a short cat yelp last night outside my window after she wandered off cam and now she's gone. I do hope she's ok after the yelp I heard. :(

There went that theory. I have no idea how to feed Cooper. First I have to hide the fact I'm feeding the cats from Mom and then I can't do anything outside without Treasure following me. So to feed Cooper, I have to (somehow) sneak from Treasure. What a horrible tragedy :(
I hope Sopdet is ok....I will be worried now..especially being u heard a yelp sound...:(:petcat:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too. Going on 24 hours since she ate. She didn't eat since lunch yesterday and I pick up the food before I lock up.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here. Treasures crying because she's not here and he's refusing to eat. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't let Treasure starve. I don't know what to do. As I have said a million times on here this is my first time with feral cats. Of course with my Mom the situation is different than most but still it's a horrible tragedy every day around here. :(

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't let Treasure starve. I don't know what to do. As I have said a million times on here this is my first time with feral cats. Of course with my Mom the situation is different than most but still it's a horrible tragedy every day around here. :(
No Dont say THAT...Things may get hard ...But we have to keep going n be strong...U r doing a GREAT JOB with ure KITTIES...Things gonna happen ...But I ALWAYS PUT everything in God's hands..He will pull u through...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
What am I supposed to do? I can't let him starve (I have known this cat for a year.) He will not eat if Shaman or Sopdet are missing. Period. And sadly he does need to eat. I was told not to worry about Shadow so I didn't and had I have done something she never would have lost her kittens (except for the one) and had to be taken to a no kill. Which sadly, because of last night's yelp also has me worried about Sopdet. It's close to Halloween and Sopdet is black. Shadow was black. People are superstitious. I live blocks from the St. Louis cat killer that made national news. So yes I do worry. I realize that I can't do anything about the raccoons and possums and other wildlife as that is nature I'm worried about mean humans doing stuff. And I'm not getting a lot of advice on how to run cams outside in the rain, and upcoming cold without causing a house fire. So sadly, I have to sit and assume what is going on out here by "listening". True the yelp could have been Shaman or Treasure playing or one of the raccoons. But when a cat shows up daily 3 times a day to eat for over a month and then one day she's not there something is wrong I would think. . :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh great. The day I'm worried about Sopdet, we get severe storms so if she is ok she's hiding out in the bushes.

As 2 of these cats are now Homebodies (here by my porch) I'm not familiar with behaviour (and I hope an expert answers on this not just for peace of mind but education) but will she be more in tune with weather turning bad like a day before and take cover? As I said Shaman and Treasure are used to being here with me so they aren't likely to run off to the bushes anymore.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sopdet came back last night. 3 times in fact very hungry and looking for food. I DID not get up and turn off alarm at Midnight to go out and feed her. If she wants to eat she has to learn the meal times. I did feed early this morning though as I had to check on something outside. Sopdet was so hungry she let me put my hand an inch away from her without running.

I did catch something last night at 2 am or so (time stamp is on the video) that I am laughing at. Treasure is chasing something off (possum? another unknown cat? He knows better than to be fighting raccoons) and after the "intruder" is run off, Treasure looks around like he's expecting praise and a reward for being such a good guard cat.

View media item 422863

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so unloved when no one comments. lol Seriously though, this is the only place that I can get support about the cats.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Sopdet came back last night. 3 times in fact very hungry and looking for food. I DID not get up and turn off alarm at Midnight to go out and feed her. If she wants to eat she has to learn the meal times. I did feed early this morning though as I had to check on something outside. Sopdet was so hungry she let me put my hand an inch away from her without running.

I did catch something last night at 2 am or so (time stamp is on the video) that I am laughing at. Treasure is chasing something off (possum? another unknown cat? He knows better than to be fighting raccoons) and after the "intruder" is run off, Treasure looks around like he's expecting praise and a reward for being such a good guard cat.

View media item 422863
Poor Sopdet was probably hungry like u said

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise

View media item 422863
Hope those kitties dont ever get hurt chasing things off...:)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope those kitties dont ever get hurt chasing things off...:)
It was either another cat (Cooper) or a possum and possums are generally harmless. The raccoons run from Treasure as he wants to play. The young raccoons play with him though. But he lays low when the raccoons dig in the ground for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.