Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
You seriously need some mental rest.
No time for mental rest :( At least I got the physical rest last night. God I needed that. I feel a bit more in fight mode today. I did take Monday off of work though so that should help.

I MAY drive to the Lithuanian restaurant to day and get some more comfort food. That stuff is seriously horrible for you, but it's SO good. I've been craving it for about a month now. After seeing something about a Pierogi Fest in Indiana yesterday, I'm REALLY craving it. And the drive is helpful. It's about an hour's drive to the restaurant.

Anyway, letting Sara sulk for right now. I pilled her, subq'd her, gave her a shot of Cerenia, and put a fingertip-full of Nutrical in her. After about an hour, I'll feed her.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hasn't had the crusties on her nose for a couple of days now, so that's good. She's still stuffed up and sneezes every time she tries to eat (which she seems to want to do) but then the sneezing and what-not gets to be too much, so she stops. She also just wants to lick her food to death, so there goes the Fancy Feast flaked.
Sounds to me like she's getting food in her nose when she eats.  Licking it to death is a way to keep it away from her nose.  This is likely to be a greater problem with flaked or paté style food.  Could be that something chunkier will be more appealing to her for a while.  Or heavily diluted paté.  The only way she could eat that is by licking it to death.

Margret

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No time for mental rest :( At least I got the physical rest last night. God I needed that. I feel a bit more in fight mode today. I did take Monday off of work though so that should help.

I MAY drive to the Lithuanian restaurant to day and get some more comfort food. That stuff is seriously horrible for you, but it's SO good. I've been craving it for about a month now. After seeing something about a Pierogi Fest in Indiana yesterday, I'm REALLY craving it. And the drive is helpful. It's about an hour's drive to the restaurant.

Anyway, letting Sara sulk for right now. I pilled her, subq'd her, gave her a shot of Cerenia, and put a fingertip-full of Nutrical in her. After about an hour, I'll feed her.
Poor baby.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Sara is taking advantage of the sunlight pouring in the room today. She decided to come out of her little cat house and hang out by the open door. She's still not eating a whole lot but for some reason, she seems like she might be doing a little better. Not sure if that's my imagination or not.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sara is taking advantage of the sunlight pouring in the room today. She decided to come out of her little cat house and hang out by the open door. She's still not eating a whole lot but for some reason, she seems like she might be doing a little better. Not sure if that's my imagination or not.
Sara has been through quite a lot lately...including her 'trim'...I am sure she is stressed out and needs some down time. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to actually finger-feed her a bit without any gagging! Actually, don't think I've seen her gag at all today. I just did a little bit, didn't want to overwhelm her little tummy.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Sara has been through quite a lot lately...including her 'trim'...I am sure she is stressed out and needs some down time. 
True. I'm just glad she seems to be feeling better. She actually showed interest in a laser beam! She didn't chase it but she certain came to attention and watched it everywhere it went.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting to think it might be time to say goodbye to Sara :(

I went to give her subqs today. There's this huge lump in the area. Not sure if it's just unabsorbed subqs (if it is then it migrated from where it had already gone down into her leg) or blood or something else. She's miserable. And she wet her little cat house that she's been sleeping in and was just laying in it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting to think it might be time to say goodbye to Sara

I went to give her subqs today. There's this huge lump in the area. Not sure if it's just unabsorbed subqs (if it is then it migrated from where it had already gone down into her leg) or blood or something else. She's miserable. And she wet her little cat house that she's been sleeping in and was just laying in it.
sending gentle
, to both you and your Sara...

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Made an appt for the vet at 2:10pm today. I am going to ask the vet's honest opinion but pretty sure this will be her last vet visit. She seemed better yesterday but not so much today. She definitely seems worse and while this thing doesn't hurt her when I touch it, I know it makes walking uncomfortable for her.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Having just gone thru what you are going thru, I'm staying optimistic.  Yes, this could be it
, but we've both seen our kidney cats have ups and downs, and sometimes those downs have been really bad, and then they spring back from them.  Now that she's shaved, you are seeing things you haven't normally seen before.  she may have had something like that lump before after sub-q's that you haven't noticed because of her fur.  Or you may have hit a vein or muscle or something "not normal" when you last gave her fluids, which caused this bump.  Our Vet tech even did that once...hit a vein in her scruff. 

Granted, lying in her urine is NOT a good sign, but she's old, and it's possible she just "wet the bed" like an elderly person might do.  Is she still  on meds for the URI?  Gosh, poor girl, she's just been thru the ringer, and as someone already posted, maybe she just needs some "down time" to decompress. 

Whatever happens, after the Vet visit, we're all here for you

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, she's still on the URI meds. She still has some stuffiness but the worst of it seems to be gone. I think I'm just so overwhelmed at this point and stressed out, and not thinking straight. Trying to gauge her and trying to not overreact to things. It's so hard.

She seems to have wet herself again :( She gets very upset when I try to see how wet she is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.