Freaking out vs "this is normal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Im so sorry. I totally understand the wish that they would go to sleep and not wake up-for one-it makes it easier on us-as we don't have to play God and decided when its time. To me-her trying to find a cold place-is one of the signs she is ready. It seems when they get ready to leave they rather be away from us..my little one I put down almost 4 years ago-I only wish I knew then what I know now. And I wish we could fix Sara to enjoy some more time with you. The peeing and being in a cold place just doesn't sound pleasant to me. I think whatever you decide today Sara will always love you and understand. We don't want to wait too long. But then again we get guilt because what if it is too soon? My heart aches for you. I know we all here have felt what you have. I still question my actions even though the vets told me I did what I could-we just cant control nature.

I hope todays decision brings you some peace or at least acceptance. Its always too soon. It seems we never know when is the right time? Sending you Hugs. I don't know what the answer is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Made the appointment for 11am. I could have done earlier but just decided not to. I want a little bit more time with her. Am I selfish?

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Sara is at peace now. No more pain or nausea or being cold. She's with her brother now, 24 weeks to the day after we helped him cross the bridge. I imagine this is similar to how their meeting again will be.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. You've all been of so much help. Today was so much harder than I expected. She was already quite obviously dying, as she was quite cold. There truly was nothing more I could have done. She was just... done.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I am so sorry!! Sending you hugs. I am sure this was harder than you thought. We never want to let our animals go. Its the hardest thing in the world to do. I know you love her. I know you miss her. AND I know you tried your very best. You were her kitty nurse and she was lucky to have you. Sending you many hugs and hope someday you have peace again.

Run free at the Bridge Sara-and I am sure all our animals up there are leading her to the grassy fields and chasing butterflies.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry to hear. Sara is resting now...running and play with her brother. No more needles, pain, stomach ache..she is free.. to run and play in the sunshine, and green grass of the Rainbow Bridge...

Donutte, you did so much for her. You tried so hard. You extended her life tenfold. You gave her love...she learned love from you and your Mom...Please know that I feel so bad for you...

Do not regret. Sara had a wonderful life.. She loved you fiercely. 

Sara was holding on for you, because you loved her so much.. You put your own health at risk in order to help Sara...that is true love...

You showed her the most love anyone could by allowing her to be painfree. She is running, purring, playing, chasing butterflies and moonbeams....

((((hugs)))

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sigh.  @Donutte, please be aware that Sara was very beloved to all of us here, as are you.  We're here for you.

Rest in peace, sweet Sara.  And, Donutte, please don't blame yourself for this decision.  It falls to us to decide these things for our pets, and it's the hardest part of responsible pet ownership.  Everything you did for Sara, including this, you did for love.

Margret

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh NO!! I am so sorry, I know how much you loved her and I know she knew it too. This is very upsetting and sad news. RIP sweet beautiful Sara.

Last edited:

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
You are a great cat guardian, I'm so sorry :hugs:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry it ended like this, but NEVER question yourself on this decision.  It was her time
  Now she is free of that body that was betraying her. 

You showed her the greatest love by letting her go

Run free
Sara

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry for your loss of Sara. Many many hugs. She is at peace now.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I was on my way to get something, mainly just to get out of the house, and it occurred to me that Lucky's diagnosis with acute renal failure was almost six months ago today. In fact, it was six months exactly yesterday when I got the call from the vet as I was about to leave for work.

I'm hoping no one else gets sick for a very very very very VERY long time.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I think Oscar and Penelopy know something's up. Maple and Oliver are oblivious (those two are so much alike, it's scary). Pea-Pea was kinda keeping vigil over her this morning, it seemed. Not quite to the extent that the boys kept vigil over Lucky, but she was definitely sitting by her a lot this morning. She doesn't normally do that. Oscar seemed more worried about me.

Trying to adjust now to the NEW new normal. Felt like I was finally getting used to the OLD new normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.