Found stray cat in parking lot

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I did find a hairball in my room and since then he has not puked. So im very relieved about that.
I am glad to hear this. What a relief!!! As mentioned before the most common reasons for a cat vomiting are constipation, hairballs, and food sensitivities. I have found this to be true with my cats. Sometimes, it is something else (like the bad UTI my male cat had). Just look closely at the signs and if you think there is a more serious cause to the vomiting--don't hesitate to take Flint to the vet. 🙂

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I still can't figure out his age.
He looks like he's at least two years old. Since he's not neutered at this age, his jowl is developing. Male cats that are not neutered or not neutered at a young age develops thicker necks and jowls.

Neutering him would be good as this will stop his yearn to roam and also better for him heath wise. Here are some articles on neutering :-
why-you-should-spay-and-neuter-your-cats

spaying-and-neutering-what-to-ask-before-the-surgery

The other articles are found here :- spay-and-neuter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He looks like he's at least two years old. Since he's not neutered at this age, his jowl is developing. Male cats that are not neutered or not neutered at a young age develops thicker necks and jowls.

Neutering him would be good as this will stop his yearn to roam and also better for him heath wise. Here are some articles on neutering :-
why-you-should-spay-and-neuter-your-cats

spaying-and-neutering-what-to-ask-before-the-surgery

The other articles are found here :- spay-and-neuter
That makes a lot of sense! Thank you. I was wondering about his jowls. And I never knew that about male cats. I actually love that about him haha. But I am definitely getting him neutered. I am very, very adamant about cats being fixed. I even helped pay for my brothers cat to be fixed because I knew he would keep putting it off and after she had a litter, I literally took the cat myself lol. And then when he kept one of her babies, I told him just bc its male doesn't mean you shouldn't get him fixed. It wasn't until a year later that he complained about his spraying and I had to be like I told ya so. And ended up taking him to get fixed too. Thankfully I know of a great place that does low cost spay and neuters. But they have been so booked and appointments are hard to get. I was glad they were able to get me in as soon as this month. I just hope his vet visit goes well first. His back legs seem off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. Especially bc he walks and jumps fine. No limping. But its like there is still no fat or muscle there and it looks awkward? Not sure. Maybe I'm just being my usual paranoid self haha.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That makes a lot of sense! Thank you.
B23897A4-51D3-4BD3-9BCF-7803C930DEA6$L0$001~photo.GIF

My boy was neutered at 7 months old and he never develop the jowl or have thicker neck. He has a small face. Male cats are very affectionate.

As for Flint's legs, check with the vet when he goes for his neutering and also take note of all unsure stuffs about his heath and let the vet know so that they can do something when he is there rather than bring him back again which will cause stress to him.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing a wonderful job with all your kittys. How is Maxine? Temptations is very addicting. Greenies are healthier, Gypsy is as fond of them as the Temptations. I can find the ones for dental and hairball at Walmart or the pet stores and order the ones for skin & fur online.

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are doing a wonderful job with all your kittys. How is Maxine? Temptations is very addicting. Greenies are healthier, Gypsy is as fond of them as the Temptations. I can find the ones for dental and hairball at Walmart or the pet stores and order the ones for skin & fur online.
Thank you! I will definitely try Greenies instead, I don't like the low quality of temptations but they love it of course. I use the hairball control kind and it makes a difference. Hopefully they will like the greenies kind better!
Maxine is doing okay. She is still overgrooming a lot, even on the prednisolone. I'm starting to think it might be psychogenic alopecia. Like a nervous habit, considering the rate at which it comes and goes. Her ear seems to be better, but of course she is getting drops twice a day. She gets her 2nd antibiotic shot on Wednesday. That'll last 2 weeks. And hopefully after that, in combination with the drops, she won't require anything else to be done. She is still her playful self and is completely perfect in every way. And that's what is most important! :redheartpump:

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your last post was deleted in the crash, but to try to reconstruct it ( I received it in email) I might try the canned food for Flint since it agrees with Maxine. How is he now?
Oh darn. Well thanks for still replying! I have taken away the dry food and they've all been getting canned only. His stool is still a bit loose but its better than before. He really liked the tuna and pumpkin canned food I got for him so that was good. I need to get more though. He has a great appetite and I go through so many cans so quickly lol. But the vet said he is 9lbs and considering his size, his normal should probably be 12lbs. So I still gotta get his weight up. And I just wanna make sure he is in good shape before his neuter on Thursday.

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to give an update on Flint. He was neutered yesterday and is doing very well. Since he had to fast before the surgery, he is now constantly begging for food. He'll eat 4 cans in a day. He also had some dry food today. I wanted to ease him into it bc they said he could get an upset stomach. His stool is definitely loose. But he is just desperate for food all the time now. Hopefully in a few days, his stomach will settle and his poops will go back to normal. I don't mind his appetite bc I know for a cat his size, he should still be gaining weight. I just don't know if I should let him eat as much as he wants or if I should limit his intake until his poops are normal at least. Otherwise, he is doing so good! He's still extremely vocal. He's driving everyone crazy except for me lol. I personally love that about him, we have a whole conversation together hahah. I've gotten him to play every once in awhile. He loves the yeow banana and the wand toy with feathers. He is the sweetest boy and I love him so much! I've had all 3 of them in my room relaxing with me, and there has been no issues. Max sits in my lap. Scout sits in her egg chair. And Flint stays on the floor or sometimes on the cat tree. All is well!
So I wanted to say thank you to everyone for their kind words and support! You all helped me out with this process and made it so much easier. Thank you!

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Would love to see photos of all three :touched: :heartshape:
20211031_153833.jpg

Flint likes to lay in front of the TV. Maxie is underneath in the heated cat bed and the queen herself, Scout, stays close to me on the bed. 😁

IMG_20211103_210932_673.jpg

And here they all are, ready for the family Christmas photo lol ❤

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise