Found Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dluce48

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With a heavy heart I have to say this: I rushed my black kitten to the vet this morning because her face was swollen, and she was not herself. she passed away after the vet visit. I did find out it was a little girl. now my question to everyone here is: is my other kitten going to notice she's gone and get lonely??

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
With a heavy heart I have to say this: I rushed my black kitten to the vet this morning because her face was swollen, and she was not herself. she passed away after the vet visit. I did find out it was a little girl. now my question to everyone here is: is my other kitten going to notice she's gone and get lonely??
Oh dear. We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear this :alright:

You may want to pay a tribute to her here in :- crossing-the-bridge.19 though it's only a short time you had her.

At this young age, I'm not sure but your other kitten may noticed that her sister is gone and may mourn for her. Likely you may find some behavioral changes. Since your other kitty is so young, it's good and quickly get another kitten of the same age so that they can grow up together and have a companion since they both came together and this way, you'll have less or no issues of introductions.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
omg!!! They are adorable! They are so lucky to have found someone to take care of them. Kittens are so much fun. As they get older, their personalities will show. As kittens, they mostly like to run and chase things. When they get older, more hunting and hide and seek. Your kittens would also like chew toys and ping pong balls let them get used to your hands by massaging their paws to make it easier to trim their claws in the future.

Dluce48

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, how sad for you and your family. Do they know what caused the swelling? I don't know the answer to your question, I'm sure it will be answered soon.
the vet said it was an allergic reaction/ or infection. so he gave me antibiotics. 2 hours after the vet visit she was gone.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is so heart breaking. I am so sorry. Because of you she had someone to love on her and was not alone. I agree with Tabbytom it would be best for your precious little orange kitten to get another kitten the same age. There are so many who need a home and a buddy to grow up with. Shelters, rescues even online like Nextdoor app. I found my little brothers on Craigslist which I know people say to be careful of and I agree. But those little ones need homes too. Again I will be thinking of you guys. Please let us know how you are doing. We care very much

Dluce48

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the kind words. We are in the process of adopting another kitten same age of the one we have. My husband and I never adopted before so it will take about two weeks before the process is all over. We have to fill out an application, then make an appointment then wait to be approved. We did see a cute little girl we are hoping to bring home. I will post information updates as we get them ourselves. right now we are waiting for our first appointment which is the meet and greet! Fingers crossed!

Dluce48

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok well my little kitten needs a friend and by 8pm tonight PA time, we will have her a friend. Looking forward to posting pictures. it's going to be a little boy! Im not sure what we are going to call him until I see him, but looking forward to bring him home.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m sure you are busy with the little ones but when you have time we would love to hear this little guys story

shelbyviper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just love them and they'll be great. Well food and water and Dr......

.You know what I mean. :happycat:

Dluce48

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good morning my friends: I finally found time to jump on here and give you all some updates: I took my little orange kitten to the vet last week, and got a good bill of health, and found out that it's a boy! so I have Matrix & Tigger!

They get along great, and have been introduced to my dogs, and all went well. Tigger plays with everyone, Matrix plays when he wants to. LOL

here are a few pics!

20190914_110002.jpg 20190915_063230.jpg 20190914_151526.jpg 69979815_10157696442138833_7610497476587421696_o.jpg This is 2 out of my 4 dogs. Jax and Molly.