Forever Missing My Merlot

merlotandasti

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Next month on the 14th, it will have been 8 months since my Merlot passed away. I really hate this achey feeling in my heart that I always have. Even though it's already been so long since it happened, I still find myself looking for him in all of his usual places. I pray every day that he knows how much I miss him. I wish with everything in me that he was still here with me & my Asti. Soon, I'll spend my first birthday in 10 years without him. It weighs on my heart so much thinking about it.

RIP, my little Merlot.
20160603_203412.jpg

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Anniversaries and special days are always so hard when they coincide with us losing one or more of our loved ones, so of course when your birthday comes you will feel sad, but he is still with you in spirit and in your heart, but it is so so tough to lose them no matter what the circumstances are, or how long or short that we had them.

After Sebastian died in my arms one night after I came home from work 11/2015, I talked to my pastor and a psychologist and they both told me that it would take about 1.5 years to fully "get over" it, and they were right, I still remember the sadness and the horrible events of that night, but I can look back on it now and not feel that painful sting, so 8 months is really not a lot of time so what you are feeling is quite normal. In my case what helped and helps me is having Sylvester, that little guy dressed in a tuxedo you see in my avatar, who looks like Sebastian and Simon a tuxedo who passed 5/2014 mixed together, I smile each time I see him and he helped me and I helped him, so I am fortunate that way, even though the boys are gone I know their spirit is alive and well and they are still with us; Merlot is also for you too, but you just can't see him like I can with them, but if you try really hard and in the still quiet night try mentally "talking" to him, tell him how you feel, and clear your mind and be receptive of any thoughts you get; an animal communicator we worked with said we all have the ability to talk to them, we just have to "tune in" to it, so maybe if you sit quietly and have good thoughts and mentally talk to him you might be surprised the mental answers you will get!

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. Our darling Poppy was killed in September last year. We too still look in those special places. Merlot was, sorry is, a beautiful boy because he is still really with you.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, it's a devastating pain in our hearts, the loss of a pet is something unbearable. But unfortunately we can't tell everybody how we feel, because too many people wouldn't understand "it was just a cat", "it was just a dog".
But when you spend more than a day with those pets they aren't "just pets", they are family members. They live with us, share emotions, experiences, adventures, how can they be "just pets"? They have walked by our side for all their life, they do leave traces, footprints. Those traces cannot be erased, we can turn back and see them, and whenever we see them our hearts break and tears flow.
We're lucky that places like TCS exist, so others can understand and support us through these terrible days!
RIP Merlot, you have been loved!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful little face! Of course you have an achy feeling in your heart, it is broken in two. You lost someone you love very much, it takes time, and I mean a lot of time, to learn to cope with living without them here in your life. I still get that feeling almost five years later, but it DOES get better. You learn to look at the wonderful, good memories, not dwell on the sad. We all must remember they are past pain now, they are at peace. It matters not how old they were, the circumstances of their deaths, whether they were with us weeks, months, or many years, they are secure in knowing we will never let their memory fade, that they will forever be tied to our souls with the bonds of love. You spent ten years loving him, there is no way his memory, or his love, will ever leave you.
You will learn to 'listen' to what Merlot is trying to tell you. He is at peace and wants you to be too. Everyone learns this in their own way. Some see what our loved ones are sending us very clearly, some never will see a clear sign, but it is there. Open your heart, believe that he is on a path, but will be close by your own for the rest of your life. Do not despair if you do not seem to get his message, it is there, and from the other side it is always one of peace and love. They all want us to go on with our lives, to open our hearts and to learn to love again. They want this for us just as we would want for them if we were the first to go. They would never want us to be so grief stricken for the rest of our lives. They do this in the name of love.
May you RIP sweet Merlot, you leave behind a true love, one that needs the comfort that only you can give. I pray you enter that heart and bring the peace and joy that needs to be there. Make your presence known and bring a sign of everlasting love!

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After the last word (or meow, as the case may be), the Soul is not falling in an abyss full of monsters, but coming back to the Eternal Love it belongs. We feel sad for we do not remember the time we were also ranging the same realm, we forget how beautiful it is. The love on Earth is just a shadow of the Eternal Love and you are blessed to feel it during your lifetime. The same happiness was with your Merlot. Love never ends, while our life does. When the time comes, a new little, soft meow will re-bind the love chain, a little bit of Merlot's soul.

Milk drops here and hugs.

wt1964

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel you. Approaching 5 months since my Lucy left me, after nearly 20 years together.

I feel you.