Fly Free My Beautiful Girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, just know that not only did you give Sammie love, she gave back that much more in return...

Yes, sometimes I swear, I see a snippet of Artie... still happens..

Thank you Cindy. :hugs:
I'm sure its Artie visiting you. :redheartpump:

love to you and your family..

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant believe that this past Friday was 3 weeks that my Sammie has been gone already. Sometimes it feels like it, & sometimes it doesnt. Thanks to all the support from you guys as well as family & friends here, I have been doing mostly ok.
I really wanted to share a picture of the pretty tulips I bought in her memory yesterday at the grocery store. :)
They are really starting to open today.
IMG_20190106_150805379.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm glad you're doing mostly ok. The tulips are beautiful. Pretty pink to remember your precious girl. :hearthrob:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're doing mostly ok. The tulips are beautiful. Pretty pink to remember your precious girl. :hearthrob:
Yes, thank you. I did have a little cry friday night thinking about her & it being 3 wks, but thats all. I still have her tree in my room, because im not ready to take it to storage yet. It kind of keeps her presents here, even though I have her ashes & pictures up.
Removing her tree would just feel so final?
I guess? Im just not ready for that yet.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take as long as you need. I truly pray you will have a need for it again one day. The tulips are absolutely beautiful, just as your precious little girl was. She is blessed indeed to have you left here to remember and to pass on her legacy.
Thank you. Yes, I will need it again, but not for a long time. I definitely HAVE to pay off the care credit first as well as get my own place again.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I unexpectedly had a bad night last night. Got up at 3:30 to use the bathroom, then got back in bed, & for some reason, that last morning at the vets was playing in my mind. He laying on her side on the table, looking into her eyes, & all the things I told her, while she was leaving me. Then holding her in the towel she laid on after, telling her things again, even though she was gone. Squeezing her so tight, because I finally could without hurting her.
I think it was a combination of two things.
One....PMS. Just more emotional right now,
And two, Friday was the 3 wk mark of her being gone. I think that triggered the emotons that hormones brought so close to the surface. I cried off & on for an hour.
I think I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night.
I was supposed tp clean one of my bigger houses today, a monthly clients, but she rescheduled because her husband is sick.
Had I known earlier, I could have slept in.
Already up, & already mostly ready, so going to go ahead to the grocery store, as was planned for after, & then I'll try to nap today.
I guess it was a blessing in disguise.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to show you guys these. I found them a couple of months ago on amazon. One was less than $5. & The othe was $6 something, so I got them. I feel like one is Sammie & the other, Angel. Haven't worn them yet. ..... .think i'm going to wear the Sammie one today:hearthrob:
IMG_20190107_094155495.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your sleepless night. After going through so much of the same, I know it probably won't be your last one either.....My little girl died over 6 years ago, and those last moments replay as if they just occured.
Those T'shirts are perfect. AND you got a bargain. Another way to pay a tribute to your sweet angels...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how I understand how you are feeling.. thoughts, memories.. things said and things left unsaid.. reminders.. reliving things..

But, if we did not love; fully and completely, we would never be able to have the joy that comes with it.. and the pain of a broken heart.. unfortunately, love comes at a price.. for everyone, willing to take a chance on it.

Leave up the cat tree, for as long as you wish.. there is no deadline..

Yes, these anniversaries are really hard..
((Hugs))...

Love the t-shirts.. I really do..

Sleepless nights.. yup.. I get it..

Sammie is still with you.. she will never leave..

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom , Thanks Cindy, yes, I know Sammie & Angel are with me. I talk to them sometimes. Don't we all w/ our babies gone? How I miss them, wish they were still here, etc... Yes, the tree will stay for now. I also kept the pink lights on it, & plug them in at night, as well as the ones on the shelves w/ the urns, & entwined in her picture frame.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I'm very late in expressing my support for the loss of your wonderful Sammie.
She was a beauty indeed.
Your tribute was stunning and moving at the same time. Sammie knew the real meaning of the word "LOVE" and it is thank to you if she was able to live some more time.
I'm sure she knew what the right door was to ask for help on the day she showed up, she "smelled" around and said "this is the right door, this is where a cat is more than welcome", and she was right.

I know how hard it is to go through these holidays with a broken heart. I went through two Christmases in a row with a fresh pain in my heart, I couldn't believe that.
And this one was my first Christmas without a cat since 1999.
We are companions on this painful trip...

RIP Sammie, your beauty will enrich the Rainbow Bridge!

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I am so very sorry you had a bad night recently...yes I too replay the last hour in my mind often. Sending you hugs!!!
Thank you. Yes, its hard to believe that yesterday was one month already.
Sometimes it feels like it, & sometimes it doesn't. I think we all go over those moments in our head from time to time.
I took the box of all the toys to storage today. It was the big long under the bed storage box, that was originally Angels litter box, because he was so long. All of his sympathy cards, & collar were also in there on one side, so now Sammies are on the other side. There is one of those balls with feathers that tweets like a bird in there, so on my way to work, it kept going off at every bump in the road. I just had to laugh! I started counting, & it tweeted 19 xs!
Her tree is still up in my room. Not ready to take that yet.........