Flowering Trees Where You At

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meanwhile in Canada...

All I have are these purple crocus's that are happily blooming in the messy garden still full of the remnants of last year's summer annuals and random dried up fall leaves.

View attachment 281433
As for flowering trees, we don't even have leaves on the trees yet. But here's a preview pic of what my rhododendron will look like when it eventually blooms. FYI, last year the pics were taken on May 18, so it'll be a while yet for this year's pics.

The crocuses look like "species crocus" i.e., little ones from habitat, instead of the Dutch hybrid ones. Very pretty! I used to grow them in Ohio.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such beautiful trees everyone! I can't wait until ours come out. The buds on the magnolia are swelling and showing color and the grape hyacinths are starting to bloom. Dancing daffodils are everywhere.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great flowering trees, everyone. Keep posting pics, so I can live vicariously till the trees bloom around here. :daisy:

The crocuses look like "species crocus" i.e., little ones from habitat, instead of the Dutch hybrid ones. Very pretty! I used to grow them in Ohio.
Yes, you're right. They're teeny tiny crocus's. And they bloomed a little later than the larger ones.

Dancing daffodils are everywhere.
My daffodils aren't dancing yet. Everything seems later than usual this year. :(

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw the prettiest tree driving home today. I may try to get a picture if it's still in bloom next week when I'm in that area. It was a tall tree on the edge of a farm field with darkish pink flowers; but a wysteria has grown up all through it so it was also full of those gorgeous purple clusters as well. :loveeyes: It belongs in a painting. Seriously beautiful. I almost turned around but I really needed to get home and people drive pretty fast down that road. Maybe DH can drive me by on Sunday.

I have not forgotten about the pictures I took. I just haven't gotten on here via my cell lately.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the prettiest tree driving home today. I may try to get a picture if it's still in bloom next week when I'm in that area. It was a tall tree on the edge of a farm field with darkish pink flowers; but a wysteria has grown up all through it so it was also full of those gorgeous purple clusters as well. :loveeyes: It belongs in a painting. Seriously beautiful. I almost turned around but I really needed to get home and people drive pretty fast down that road. Maybe DH can drive me by on Sunday.

I have not forgotten about the pictures I took. I just haven't gotten on here via my cell lately.
Beg and plead DH to drive back so you can get us a nice picture! Sounds mouth-wateringly beautiful.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will do my best.

This is what all of my DDs pictures looked like. :lol2: I've seen a few of these trees so loaded with flowers they look like they could touch the ground.
IMG_8271.JPG

I pulled over for this one:
IMG_8275.JPG

A close up of one of my red bud trees. These blooms are mostly gone now.
IMG_8290.JPG

My lilacs; technically a shrub but we just planted these last year so I'm excited about these blooms!:hearthrob:
IMG_8422.JPG

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No pictures of flowering trees to post yet, but today I noticed the forsythia's in the neighbourhood are finally starting to look a little bit yellow.
So pics, soon ... :sunshine:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No pictures of flowering trees to post yet, but today I noticed the forsythia's in the neighbourhood are finally starting to look a little bit yellow.
So pics, soon ... :sunshine:
And post away when they bloom!

I remember they wanted to plant Forsythias in the medians in our freeways around Cleveland. Wish they'd done that. Imagine the spectacle when they all bloom at once! Mile after mile of gold!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I missed the tree with the wysteria. In just those 2 days the pink petals were 90% gone. We did have a lot of wind this weekend. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for it next year. I think our flowering tree season is pretty much past now.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember they wanted to plant Forsythias in the medians in our freeways around Cleveland. Wish they'd done that. Imagine the spectacle when they all bloom at once! Mile after mile of gold!
I bet there's still mile after mile of gold, but instead of forsythias, it's likely dandelions!!! :lol:

We did have a lot of wind this weekend.
Wind and rain always seems to come in the middle of tree blooming season. :(

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not much blooming right now, as this is Autumn in the southern hemisphere. But I did recently take this photo close to my home. Those red things aren't flowers, they're rose pepper ( sometimes also called aroeira ). The same thing used in cooking- I grabbed some and used it myself. Delicious :cloud9:

Attachments