First Time Trying To Tame A Feral/stray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any more Silo sightings upstairs?
Ohh yes!! He is a regular under the couch. He has been coming out to eat on the basement landing, checks out the basement windows and then comes back upstairs. He has fallen in love with the pole which now slithers along the wood floor. I've been a fishing fool....got my fingers crossed

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is happening here?!?! ❤ I was washing dishes and Mr. Man strolls right past me into the basement. Then, wait for it..it gets better. I pull out the dogs dish and pour some dry and he appears at the top of the step, inside the kitchen!! He watched me as I get the cans out, the spoons ( sorry for being tedious, want you guys every step of the way). Mixed the food...the dog came into the kitchen but stopped in the middle when he saw him. Silo hissed and I told The dog to go back and lie down. Finish d watching me prepare...brought it down for him as he scampered away and reappeared a second later. Both cat and dog munched feet apart!!!! (Doing the running man dance in my heart)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Woo hoo!!! :cheerleader: You know I'm soon going to be pestering for pictures of the lovely feline and canine siblings. :camera:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! That's amazing that they ate together. It sounds like food is going to be the key to his heart.

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's on the couch instead of under it? Yay Silo! :yess:
I'm totally (can't believe my adult self just said totally) flipping out...including my family. Picture was taken while we were all eating dinner! He just strolled out from under, stretched, scratched his ear and jumped up!!! And after my son played with him when he went back under...

Attachments

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so furious. I'm trying to contain my love and anger towards my mom right now. As you all remember my "all knowing intense mom" that I didn't want to leave Silo with if we went away. So, I came back from work today, and Silo is downstairs, the kids told me that he came out, watched and when to a different part and f the living room. Afterwards he went downstairs and hasn't been up since. I went downstairs and he has been back at his window, curled up, not his usual self. When I ask him to come up, he doesn't like he has the past few days. So, here I go again...I feel in my gut something happened and ask my kids again...then my son tells me that grandma played with him with the pole in the new spot and may have smacked him in the eye. Can you all feel my fury????? I've asked her tons of times to pay attention and listen to me and here we go...she's doing her own thing because she knows better. I'm sorry, perhaps I'm just venting but dammit, he was hanging on the couch yesterday and today he is not interested in a damn thing!!!!!!!!:fuming:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How frustrating. :( How often does your Mom visit?

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, she move in with us last summer...has her own place outside of the house and she stays with my daughter till she starts school in September. She watches her on my days at work...as of now, just went down to ease and perhaps tempt him up and he is hiding behind the toilet!! That behavior was over a week ago!! Sorry for the exclamation but I'm just so darn tootin mad right now....