First Time Trying To Tame A Feral/stray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
By the way, what is your dog's name again? Was it Archie? I feel bad calling him "the dog" all the time. :D
Lol, Jen...you're hysterical...we call our dog, "the dog" colloquially amongst ourselves...but his name is Alvin...he's like a giant chipmunk (just by his coloring)...you were close! Silo was sucking on the toes, still eww. I'm convinced Silo is weird, lately he has preferred to play with lego pieces than catnip toys?? I'm sure yours, are more normal than mine...remember Maggie is a work in progress..got a question for you...Silo isn't gaining much wait...I've tried different canned food varieties, he loves gravy...but I can't seem to find something he will actually eat totally through...my desperate mind thinks to feed him raw beef...but that's no good for his digestion..? What do you feed your lil ones?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. What brands have you tried? Mine will only eat Friskies and Fancy Feast canned food. I know most people on here feed fancier food, but I wasted so much money on food they won't eat. There are lots of flavors and textures to choose from. They like Fancy Feast Grilled and Classic Pate, Friskies Shreds, Pate, Filets, and Indoor. For dry food, I switched over to Indoor food. The extra fiber in it really helped Maggie with her constipation. So far they like Tractor Supply 4health Indoor (not the grain-free one) and Goodlife Indoor dry food from Walmart.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey J,
You did the fade away! I hope you decide to come back someday. How is Silo?
I'm no longer using those 2 dry foods I mentioned.
I just went back to regular Cat Chow Complete in the blue bag.
Demi acts like his life is over if he gets anything else. Life is too short.
How are things going with your mom?
Well I hope this note gets to you, in your email.
:redheartpump: J, Maggie, and Demi

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey J,
You did the fade away! I hope you decide to come back someday. How is Silo?
I'm no longer using those 2 dry foods I mentioned.
I just went back to regular Cat Chow Complete in the blue bag.
Demi acts like his life is over if he gets anything else. Life is too short.
How are things going with your mom?
Well I hope this note gets to you, in your email.
:redheartpump: J, Maggie, and Demi

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey J!! It was soo nice to get a msg from you! ❤ I'm hoping your lil ones are cooperating and becoming beautiful! I've just been so busy and that's an understatement. My mom appears to be coming down with Alzheimer's and we are waiting for results. My husband had to remind me because I told him about your thoughtful msg, I don't know if I'm coming or going these days. As for Silo..wow, what an incredible cat! I've attached pics. We actually took him, for the first time on a 500 mile car ride to our summer home. He cried for 1/2 hr and then settled down... he was weird when we released him, hid under the couch and looked like a freaky Pennywise the clown (IT) for 2 days, then became in love with all the wood around him. My son called it "scratch post heaven"..I'm real sorry for the disappearing act, I will try to connect more. What's going on with Maggie and Demi? Are you able to pet them more? What food are you using? I've learned that Silo is a fan of FancyFeast gravy lovers, mostly fish flavors. I can pick him up and sit and pet him. The unfortunate thing is that he is our alarm clock in the morning even if we don't want to wake up..he is relentless. So I go down and give him some dry food..and there he is again...meowing like a banchee..until we are all downstairs and he can go to sleep...go figure!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I thought it was a shot in the dark, I didn't think you would come back. But I had to try. Thank you so much for the pictures of Silo. I love the ones with him cuddling the dog. Hard to believe, huh?
I love your house, the wood is so pretty. Yes, Maggie & Demi are really mellowing out at age 4. I can even pet Maggie now and she sometimes asks me for pets. So things are going great.
For food, I'm feeding Fancy Feast, Friskies, and Sheba for wet food.
For dry food I guess I'm gonna stick with the Cat Chow Complete in the blue bag. People make fun of it, but I don't see a difference. :)

Edit: I forgot to say, sorry about your mom. That's so sad. She sounds like such a fun feisty lady. I hope she is okay.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great pics of Silo. So happy he settled in so well in your home. And became best buds with your dog. :catrub:

Sorry about your Mom. Hopefully it will be slow progressing. Remember to take some time to take care of yourself.