First Time Cat-mom

Mimi519

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was raised to have dogs not cats but as I get older I really wanted a quieter companion... we still have and love our dachshund Snoopy (Sir BarksALot!). I recently adopted 2 tabby domestic shorthair sisters. They are barely 4 months old, loving, ornery, mischievous and the best companions ever. These little darlings are going to only be inside and are spayed. Haven't had the run of the house yet but enjoy visiting Snoopy from their safe haven playpen in the evenings. As I said, FIRST TIME kitten owner so I am reading everything! I love the helpful reviews here - thank you! I need all the help I can get.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Any questions, just ask, we will be more than happy to help. It sounds like you are starting out good, slow introductions are the best. I would suggest you keep Snoopy on a leash the first few times the kittens are out, you never know how they will truly interact, and it gives you much more control. Keep posting!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome and glad you found TCS! :wave3:You may want to do a more formal introduction here on New Cats on the Block:
New Cats on the Block

So happy you are finding the forum helpful, any questions ask away. The Articles and Reviews in the upper left hand corner may answer some of your questions as a new cat mom. Your two kittens are adorable and I'm sure will get well acquainted with Snoopy. Having had a dog and cat at the same time I am quite familiar with their playful interactions. :biggrin:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
C5CFEF54-9789-4663-B9C5-4A53E77BBC0D.gif
Mimi519, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
9E6C1BC5-5966-40B2-A082-6EA07CEBF5A7.gif
to you and your kitties.

Glad that you’ve joined the site and feel free to ask questions and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here Articles | The Cat Site

Yes, please post photos of your kitties for us to see :camera::camera::camera:

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's cute. I like theme names. I only have one cat, my girl, Ruby. But if I ever got a 2nd one, I'd get a younger male, and name him Max. Then I'd have Ruby, and her little brother Max, like the kids tv show bunnies "Max and Ruby".