First days with a feral kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wewerecreatures

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
Yeah we’re basically on day 1 so I didn’t want to let it out until we got a bit deeper into our relationship with it, don’t want to traumatize it again trying to get it back in. I’m hoping by Monday we can open the door and let it explore while we read or work and then get it back in with some food.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah we’re basically on day 1 so I didn’t want to let it out until we got a bit deeper into our relationship with it, don’t want to traumatize it again trying to get it back in. I’m hoping by Monday we can open the door and let it explore while we read or work and then get it back in with some food.
This way, you have to spend more time with her so that she can really get use to you and your girlfriend. Actually, since she has already moved from the bathroom to the office and have been eating and allowing being petted, she is quite ready to come out of the crate.

Just like I mentioned earlier on, just leave the crate door opened for her to retreat in or get a cardboard box for her to retreat to - 52-reasons-why-cats-must-get-inside-boxes
As long as she knows where her safe place is, let her explore the room at her own time. Do the same, have towels or toys with her scents and place it around the room so at when she's out, it's familiar scents to her and that will boost her confidence.