Final Chapter, Hello There Human.

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final Chapter

All of this happened about this time last year. Heather took Alexander home after 2 weeks in the isolation building. He wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t eating or drinking a lot but seemed glad of the attention. Heather has a fairly large house that she shares with her parents and a dozen or so transient cats along with various cadet felines. After a month Alexander while he wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t still eating much had put on a bit of weight and had perked up a bit but started sliding back into a lethargic state. Heather took him to the vet where they found a cancerous mass in his intestine, which the biopsy determined to be malignant. Alexander went back to Heatherâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s house where he died one night three weeks later being loved and cared for.

To a lot of people this would seem like a bad ending and a waste of money and time. To those of us that love animals it is money well spent and a labor of love that we never regret. Alexander didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t die unloved and abandoned somewhere alone but loved and he is missed. He has been over the Bridge for the last year where I hope to see him again someday.

Not every story has a happy ending and not every stray we rescue finds a home or lives a full life but that just makes us work all the harder to see that every one we rescue at least gets the best chance we can give them.

I am sorry it took me so long to get around to writing the last chapter but every time I would start I seemed to have a bit of trouble seeing the screen and what I was doing.

[font=&quot]Howard Jones[/font]

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigKittenDaddy

Final Chapter

All of this happened about this time last year. Heather took Alexander home after 2 weeks in the isolation building. He wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t eating or drinking a lot but seemed glad of the attention. Heather has a fairly large house that she shares with her parents and a dozen or so transient cats along with various cadet felines. After a month Alexander while he wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t still eating much had put on a bit of weight and had perked up a bit but started sliding back into a lethargic state. Heather took him to the vet where they found a cancerous mass in his intestine, which the biopsy determined to be malignant. Alexander went back to Heatherâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s house where he died one night three weeks later being loved and cared for.

To a lot of people this would seem like a bad ending and a waste of money and time. To those of us that love animals it is money well spent and a labor of love that we never regret. Alexander didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t die unloved and abandoned somewhere alone but loved and he is missed. He has been over the Bridge for the last year where I hope to see him again someday.

Not every story has a happy ending and not every stray we rescue finds a home or lives a full life but that just makes us work all the harder to see that every one we rescue at least gets the best chance we can give them.

I am sorry it took me so long to get around to writing the last chapter but every time I would start I seemed to have a bit of trouble seeing the screen and what I was doing.

[font=&quot]Howard Jones[/font]
Dear Howard, I am having the same trouble seeing but wanted to thank you for sharing his story. At least he didn't die alone and unloved. Maybe he and Butch my bridge baby are playing together as I write this, I hope so and that someday all of us get to be reunited with our loved animals that have passed on before us. Hugs.

emmysamson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, how I wish this was just a piece of fiction!!!
Sadly, the people who need to take heed from this, aren't in here to read it.

Great job, Howard!!!!! I will definitely remember all the Alexanders out there who don't get to have a chance at any version of a good ending.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Job on the final chapter Howard.

Originally Posted by emmysamson

Oh, how I wish this was just a piece of fiction!!! Sadly, the people who need to take heed from this, aren't in here to read it.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for finishing the chapter Howard. We know now that Alexander died loved and comfortable. That is a triumph over being lost, lonely and sick. Comforting the dying is what made Mother Theresa a saint. Thank you, good work.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Howard, I just saw your story; I don't come into this forum much, but I'm sure glad I did. Sure I'm sitting here with tears running down my face, but that was such a beautiful, touching story.
Sweet Alexander crossed the Bridge knowing what it was liked to be loved.