Festival of TOYS!! Post a photo of your kitten or cat with their latest or greatest favorite TOY!

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is Oscar's favorite toy, he carries it around and meows with it in his mouth. He leaves it in front of my bedroom door everyday. I bought it in a 2 pack from Family Dollar awhile ago. Sadly, I've been to every Family Dollar within 30 miles trying to buy more, but it seems none have them anymore. By searching for the Chinese manufacturer I found a way to buy them direct but the minimum order was like 600 birds.
I bought him other similar toys including this one, but he wants nothing to do with them.
Well I ended up ordering yet another replacement for his bird toy, and after a couple days, even after dousing it in catnip, Oscar still isn't playing with it:argh:.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Well I ended up ordering yet another replacement for his bird toy, and after a couple days, even after dousing it in catnip, Oscar still isn't playing with it:argh:.
This is normal. When you think the cat likes the toy and you get it for them, they actually shows no interest in them.

Same as my boy, I bought quite a bit of toys for him but he refuses to play with them. He rather play with folded plastic bag, folded straw, cable ties and some bottle caps which he can push and chase around on the floor.

Try diy-ing stuffs or some safe household stuffs, he might be more interested in it. Not all cats are attracted to catnip.

I don’t buy toys anymore. Mostly diy them and even if my boy plays for a short period of time, I waste no money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Oscar's favorite toy, he carries it around and meows with it in his mouth. He leaves it in front of my bedroom door everyday. I bought it in a 2 pack from Family Dollar awhile ago. Sadly, I've been to every Family Dollar within 30 miles trying to buy more, but it seems none have them anymore. By searching for the Chinese manufacturer I found a way to buy them direct but the minimum order was like 600 birds.
I bought him other similar toys including this one, but he wants nothing to do with them.
Well I ended up ordering yet another replacement for his bird toy, and after a couple days, even after dousing it in catnip, Oscar still isn't playing with it:argh:. ...

Hm. Maybe we can set up a gofundme page to help buy that minimum of 600 birds, and have the ones that Oscar doesn't want for his Very Own Lifetime Supply be donated to TCS as giveaways for the cat contests? or donated via TCS members to cat rescues and shelters worldwide?

(But don't quote me, as I might be put in the dog house for such an idea. :footinmouth: )

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept hearing about the infamous catnip banana, so I threw one in with my recent chewy order. 10 minutes later, it was covered in slobber and full of tooth holes. I'd say it was a big hit!

Willow prefers to chew off an end and then suck the catnip out. Her record time for destroying s banana is one week.