Feeding Pregnant Cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
louann jude louann jude

Awesome! Good job! I know she's afraid and very sick, so she does not want to be messed with, but she needs it.

What color is the mucus? How much? Can you get a picture of it? It sounds like a very serious infection.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was clear. And there is no getting a picture because she is so mad at me right now. She went and hid and turned her back to me. She acts like it hurts if I touch her. 

I have her in the back bedroom alone. I wash my hands when I come out. Can the other's still get it? Do I need to change my clothes too? 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think you need to change clothes. She's probably in a great deal of pain from the severity of the infection.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kathy is coming after her today after Aiden's speech appointment. So thankful she will get seen. I will let you know something as I find out. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you! I sure hope Lil Bit will be okay. And I hope you can get her back once she's been treated. I feel so badly for her. [emoji]128533[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

sending every good thought that they can help her! Sounds like she needs help ASAP. can you syringe water into her mouth or pedialite until its time for the vets?
There is no way I can. When giving her medicine I got scratched pretty bad. Now when I go in there she hides. I hope they keep her at least overnight and run fluids and antibiotics.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
louann jude louann jude

I hope so too. She really needs it. Has her diarrhea gotten any better from the anti-diarrheal medicine? Can you tell if she's eaten anything?

Last edited:

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry I didn't update. Kathy couldn't come and take her yesterday. Her daughter went to AFib. I haven't heard from her today as soon as I find out something I will let you know

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry I didn't update. Kathy couldn't come and take her yesterday. Her daughter went to AFib. I haven't heard from her today as soon as I find out something I will let you know
Are her symptoms still the same? Have you been able to get more meds into her?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry it took so long to respond. Kathy never called today. I couldn't get her to take medicine today but she has ate some wet food. Larry said she was talking to him this evening. 

Something that freaked me out though this morning around 1 am I was missing Holly. She wasn't in her regular spots on me or the kids. I remembered Aiden kept trying to tell me something about her but with his speech that of a 18 month old. I am now worried she will get it. The good news is they were in a few feet of each other and Lil Bit wasn't trying to kill her. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you get Larry to scruff her and hold her so you can give Lil Bit more medicine?

It may be the reason why she's feeling a little better, the fact she got the one dose you did give her.

Regardless, I'm glad she's a tad bit better, and also not attacking Holly.

Keep us posted.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We got Lil Bit to the vet. We took and dropped her off. The closed at 12 so I guess she is staying the rest of the weekend. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad she is where she can get treatment. How was she doing until then?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She wasn't doing well it looked like infection coming from her. Plus she was crying for me. Totally no like her. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh no, poor Lil Bit. I hope she will be okay. This is heartbreaking. When might you hear something?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know. My mom scared me today. I told her everything that Lil Bit is doing and she was like it sounds like parvo to me. I told her I didn't think Cats could get it. But I remember when I was little about 7-8 one summer all of out pets died of it. My brother had a pet pig that even died from it. If that is what she has it really has me worried about the other kittens. If she does then what? Can she be saved? 

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know. My mom scared me today. I told her everything that Lil Bit is doing and she was like it sounds like parvo to me. I told her I didn't think Cats could get it. But I remember when I was little about 7-8 one summer all of out pets died of it. My brother had a pet pig that even died from it. If that is what she has it really has me worried about the other kittens. If she does then what? Can she be saved? 
louann jude louann jude

Parvo is specific to dogs but it is very similar to feline distemper. Has she been vaccinated against distemper? If she has then it can't possibly be that.