Extremely Low Platelet Kitten

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, there are certainly worse things to deal with! Hekitty, for instance, is a furry little soccer ball, due to a heavy Temptation addiction. They don't call them "Kitty Krack" for nothing! She is limited (drastically) now, but her little rotund self remains...rotund.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww haha that's my fat healthy older cat. But Morton is only 6 months and getting fat from the meds :( sigh. He has all co no plate blood work every 6 weeks though to make sure the pred isnt damaging him

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So long as the meds are working and the weight gain doesn't go TOO far, I'd relax about it for now. It isn't as if the other kittens will tease him about being fat!

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hehe just me poking his belly chub ;D that's true though. Few more months and crossing fingers he stays healthy on this and the autoimmune disease cleared by now or just goes away

rahny123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I’m new to this site and have a little kitty named hewie who is going through this same exact situation. Wondering if you have any new info on Morton’s condition and how he’s doing? I totally understand your stress and fear with this condition! It’s endless! Thank you for any help you can give

Attachments

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello, I’m new to this site and have a little kitty named hewie who is going through this same exact situation. Wondering if you have any new info on Morton’s condition and how he’s doing? I totally understand your stress and fear with this condition! It’s endless! Thank you for any help you can give
I'm so very sorry.... he passed a couple months before his 3rd birthday. I'm still completely heart broken. all I can say is this woman cured his ITP but it was too late for him. What his body went through with the steroids and cyclosporine completely ruined him and although his ITP was in remission he was sick monthly and his body couldnt take it anymore. I wish you luck. This woman treats cats and dogs all over the US she can send you a vaccine detox. also.. your cat should never get a vaccination ever again.
Mobile Veterinary Acupuncture in the Greater Salem Area

rahny123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m so sorry to hear that. I did read some of your posts and Morton seemed to really go through a lot. My kitten has not had many side effects he did have a remission once but it was before it was believed to be ITP so we stopped the pred to early. he never had additional bleeding the remission presented as skin scabs/ rash. Now he’s been on 1.5mg /day for 4 months straight next appointment (aug 4th) and I’m just so thankful I found a place where someone else has heard of this. I’ll look into that link! I’ve been to so many vets who have said so many different things so it would be nice to find someone with knowledge on this issue. I also believe it was a reaction from his vaccines it was the only thing that happened before the bleeding started. If you think any additional info that you and precious Morton could pass on to little Hewie and I it would be so appreciated. I’m so sorry for your loss

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry to hear that. I did read some of your posts and Morton seemed to really go through a lot. My kitten has not had many side effects he did have a remission once but it was before it was believed to be ITP so we stopped the pred to early. he never had additional bleeding the remission presented as skin scabs/ rash. Now he’s been on 1.5mg /day for 4 months straight next appointment (aug 4th) and I’m just so thankful I found a place where someone else has heard of this. I’ll look into that link! I’ve been to so many vets who have said so many different things so it would be nice to find someone with knowledge on this issue. I also believe it was a reaction from his vaccines it was the only thing that happened before the bleeding started. If you think any additional info that you and precious Morton could pass on to little Hewie and I it would be so appreciated. I’m so sorry for your loss

You need a holistic vet.. regular vets will treat with steroids or other immunosuppressive drugs and they are only putting a bandaid on the problem. I wish you luck! Natural healing remedies are all that will work. You have to reverse the vaccine reaction in order to cure it but regular vets dont believe those work. I used to use yunnan baiyao on Morton taken internally and that would up his platelets. It clots blood from the inside but you need to use it under vet supervision. It was great stuff... I'm just devastated I did this all after the damage was already done. His got as low as "undetected" for platelet count. Every cat is different. He didnt bleed if his levels were over 12 thousand platelets per sample. I could take a look at him and instantly know when they were low