Expecting kittens

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd never get anything done with a house full of kittens. In fact, 1 keeps me feeling pretty worthless in most respects... :banghead:

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
aaahahhahahhahaa this picture is just too much! It looks like my boyfriend is posing for PlayBoy!!! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aaahahhahahhahaa this picture is just too much! It looks like my boyfriend is posing for PlayBoy!!! 
Earlier pics showed his bits off greatly, very playboy-ish 
 Tail strategically placed in this one

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ashia is doing a wonderful job of raising all the kittens, they're all lovely and plump. They're all in the fuzzy uglies, and the silvers more so as usually happens. By 12 weeks the longer fuzzy coat drops out revealing their smooth, sleek, shiny spots.

Ashia's chocolate silver boy 9 weeks old

View media item 139524
View media item 139525
Charlottes blue boy 8 weeks old

View media item 139526
View media item 139527
Hatties chocolate silver and black silver girls - 6 weeks old

View media item 139528
View media item 139529
View media item 139530

alicemama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omgoodness! I just happened upon your thread when browsing the site. These kittens are gorgeous and their Mamas are absolutely stunning! Beautiful! I can see why you have a waiting list!!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! If you call THAT "fuzzy uglies", they're going to be stunning when they're grown! You've got a talent for photography. The only way I've ever gotten an unblurred photo of a kitten is by having somebody hold the squirmy little guys!

They look a little too small for their ears right now, but I they'll grow into them. :) Big-eared kittens always do!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look a little too small for their ears right now, but I they'll grow into them. :) Big-eared kittens always do!
I hope not
Ocicats have moderately large ears, so while not as large as SIA or ORI they're larger than an average cats ears.

The trick to unblurred photos is using a teaser, gives them something to focus on for a second or two.

aliencat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could you give us a bit of info on the Ocicats? What do they originate from?

And pictures are always welcome ;)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ocicats were created in the US in the 1960's from Siamese and Abyssinian, with American Shorthairs used later for heavier boning and to add the silver colouring. 

Aby's are still used as outcrosses. Oci's are a medium-large breed cat, wild looks with no wild blood. This makes for a very stable, predictable temperament. 

Ocicats are very friendly, affectionate, outgoing cats. You only need look at them for the rumbling purrs to start. They love human company, and must always be in the middle of things. They're highly intelligent and also very energetic & playful. My oldest Oci's are approaching 6 and act the same as kittens. When not running wildly around the house they'll be sitting in your lap or on your shoulder - same with any visitors. At night they'll be under the bedcovers.

They tend to flop on the floor in front of your feet for tummy rubs, happily moving once you've obliged doesn't matter if they know you or not, a spotty tummy is made for rubbing. 

Ocicats love children and are extraordinary tolerant. They also love dogs, bunnies, other cats and other animals. 

In the words of my pet owners "they're the best cats in the world" and I can only agree with that 
 The only downside, one is never enough.

alicemama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Missymotus do all Ocicats look like that or are yours just particularily stunning? I am in awe at just how gorgeous they are. I wonder if there are any breeders my way?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Missymotus do all Ocicats look like that or are yours just particularily stunning? I am in awe at just how gorgeous they are. I wonder if there are any breeders my way?
They should all look like mine.

Whereabouts are you? They're a rare breed, with around 20 breeders in the US

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh - there are at least 10 in the UK.  We must be an Ocicat hotspot compared to the US!
There's more in Europe :) But still 15 is a lot less than most other breeds.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am on the West Coast of Canada, and go to shows in Washington regularly. I am aquainted with some Ocicat breeders in that area.

People think my Maus are Ocicats all the time.. :)