Expecting kittens

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of our girls have been mated and are pregnant.

Ashia, our chocolate spotted girl is 34 days along and has a lovely little belly forming. She is expecting chocolate spotted and chocolate spotted silver kittens.

Charlotte, our blue spotted girl is 25 days along and has just the teeniest hint of a tummy happening. A rainbow litter is possible with blue spotted, lilac spotted, chocolate spotted, tawny spotted, blue spotted silver, lilac spotted silver, chocolate spotted silver and black spotted silver kittens. 

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!! Those are beautiful cats. l especially like Charlotte's colouring - she has such a lush coat that she looks airbrushed. Just gorgeous!

Congrats on the kittens :)

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! 

I'm just waiting for Luna to have her next heat and she will be mated with a handsome lilacpoint BSH, so hopefully at the end of the year we'll have colorpoint Brits (and lots of color options: seal/black, chocolate, lilac, blue and all of those with or without silver).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!! Those are beautiful cats. l especially like Charlotte's colouring - she has such a lush coat that she looks airbrushed. Just gorgeous!

Congrats on the kittens :)
Thanks, Charly is hard to photograph and her true colour never shows well. I wasn't sure about blues but they are quite pretty, this is my first dilute litter so quite excited.
Congrats! 

I'm just waiting for Luna to have her next heat and she will be mated with a handsome lilacpoint BSH, so hopefully at the end of the year we'll have colorpoint Brits (and lots of color options: seal/black, chocolate, lilac, blue and all of those with or without silver).

Last edited:

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm jealous. My girl still hasn't come into a recognizable heat. Hopefully someday I'll have some kittens running around :)

Good luck on your deliveries, and post more pics!

Kelly

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sohni, our last litter was in January (from another Queen) and I can't wait to have babies around again. Both girls have been given specific orders on what I'd like to keep from them 

Hope your girls works things out soon, the blue girl is the one who wasn't calling for me.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can't wait to see more pictures!!! They are GORGEOUS!!! Must be getting pretty round bellies now too :-) Do you have any idea how many each are expecting? Can't wait to see the litters, good luck to you and your queens with delivering!!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks clynn :) I don't know how many they'll have, Ashia's had 4 & 7 in her past litters. Charlotte is a maiden. I can feel Ashia's kittens moving now, she doesn't stay still for long though, in another week or so she may slow down a bit and lay around more. They're a high energy breed and keep very active even when pregnant. 

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow MM I have never explored "your turf" before. Your girls are absolutely stunning!!!!!!!! I especially love Ashia's coloring. Beautiful and very clearly well cared for!

I can't wait to see pics of the kittens! 

I'm just curious (I have no intention of breeding but I respect people like you who do so responsibly and my interest is piqued as to how it all works). Do you just have kittening boxes for each or do you have actual set-up kittening areas (like permanent fixtures)? Will the girls be in the same room together or do you separate them? Do you have Toms in the house as well that you "stud" out? I don't know if that's the proper terminology and I don't mean it negatively so please correct me if I am using it wrong. 

I have my hands full with one foster. I know how dedicated you are but I can't even imagine having two pregnant at the same time! 

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 kitten rooms, but only set up the pens when kittens are due we haven't had a litter since January. Each girl has her own pen & room for kittens, but this is the first time I've had more than 1 litter at a time. These girls get along so they may be together, probably not until the kittens are older but we'll see what happens.

I have always sent the girls back to my mentor for matings, but got a stud this year who sired these litters. There's only 4 Oci breeders in Australia and I only work with 1, my boy is a closed stud. 

Kittens are a lot of work, but it's always worth it. 

This is my boy, he's chocolate spotted silver carrying dilute. Currently 9 months old, he'll grow into a large boy and of course very handsome View media item 131241

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow it sounds like quite the setup! That's good they have their own space but I would love to see a picture of all the kittens balling around together!

Your boy is so handsome and already looks big! How much does he weigh? 

I love the look of this breed so I started doing some research- they are not nearly as "wild" as I thought they were. Playful and energetic, yes, but seems like they make really good pets. Lucky you! 

Closed stud means only you will breed him but no one else can? Does he have his own separate man area since I'm guessing he can't play with the girls or else they would be pregnant all the time!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to see a picture of all the kittens balling around together!
Will see what happens 

Your boy is so handsome and already looks big! How much does he weigh? 
He weighs just over 5kg/11lbs, should get to around 8kg/17.5lbs
I love the look of this breed so I started doing some research- they are not nearly as "wild" as I thought they were. Playful and energetic, yes, but seems like they make really good pets. Lucky you! 
The mild side of wild as lots of breeders say, bred to look wild with no wild blood. They are a high energy breed, but they also adore their people. So when not racing around they'll be on your lap. 
Closed stud means only you will breed him but no one else can? Does he have his own separate man area since I'm guessing he can't play with the girls or else they would be pregnant all the time!
Yes, closed stud means he's just for me at this point in time. He has his stud run outside where he goes during the day, but he still comes inside a lot since he doesn't spray. He's fine with the girls, he doesn't try anything when they're not in heat. He's in love with Charlotte, they cry for each other when not together. They sleep together, curled up in the bed. They also groom each other and head bump a lot. He's a very sweet and gentle boy, just what a stud boy should be like. 

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Wow,  what beautiful cats you have!  Those girls are both stunning. i just love both of their eyes and heads and coats, though I can imagine the more subtle blue spotted is harder to get an accurate photo.    And your boy , wow,   just 9 months and he  already looks so mature and masculine.  I will look forward to seeing the kittens   I hope maybe you will get a lilac silver spotted tabby  in your potential rainbow litter. .  I saw some lilac silver spotted Oriental kittens  recently...just wonderful looking coats! 

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A 'purple' kitten is my dream cat, on silver would be even better
Will see if she's listened to my requests

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The mild side of wild as lots of breeders say, bred to look wild with no wild blood. They are a high energy breed, but they also adore their people. So when not racing around they'll be on your lap. 
Yeah that is what I read. Of course they can be together when not in heat- in hindsight that was a dumb question. 
 I guess because I don't keep fosters for more than a few months I don't get to know their heat cycles, and they usually only have a few before they are spayed. Of course you would know your girl's cycles and know when they can be together and have to be separated! That's adorable that he and Charlotte are so close- like little boyfriend and girlfriend! 

Thanks for indulging all my questions. I'll be following closely to see when the kittens arrive! 

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in hindsight that was a dumb question. 
No it wasn't, some boys can't be around girls as they will always try something, so they're just brought together for matings. Other boys are happy to live with the girls after matings, like an old married couple lol
Thanks for indulging all my questions. I'll be following closely to see when the kittens arrive! 
Anytime 
 I'm always happy to answer questions. Ashia is preparing for her kittens so not long now. 

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 EB,  that was not a dumb question at all.   This Oci boy is lucky he doesn't spray  ( and hopefully won't start) and doesn't try anything so he gets to live with his  GF when she is not in heat.

But  a cat does not have to be in heat to get pregnant ,  that just makes her more receptive.  but a determined male can sometimes breed the girl  even when she is not in heat.  It's the act of  mating that induces ovulation.  So as MM  said,  some toms  couldn't live with the queens regularly or there WOULD be  pregnancies too often.   Between that risk and the spraying,  most male breeding cats I know of do live in their own stud quarters..  But they may have a spayed or neutered companion live with them.  and they may get to visit the queens and older kittens while  wearing stud pants. And a  good breeder will make sure that the males are getting human attention too .