Expecting kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a titch smaller, at 104grams. That was right after birth, haven't weighed him this evening

He'll likely go with blue girls litter next week

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! He is such a cute boy. Your cats are all absolutely gorgeous. Charlotte is particularly stunning. This has been a very interesting and informative thread. Thanks. Im buying my first purebred next year and I've been wondering how the whole breeding process works. I admire the work you guys do.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gorgeous, squee-licious little boy! Finally!
Just the one kitten then? Is it normal for Ocicats to have small litters?

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, he's beautiful, congratulations  

He doesn't even look overcooked :)

l can't wait to see Charlotte's litter. Thanks for starting this thread.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow only one?! That was one big ole belly for that little man. But he is SO handsome!!!! Momma looks very content too

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for Ocicats to have small litters?
There really isn't a normal in breeding. Ocicats like all breeds (and moggies) have varying litter sizes, including singletons at times

And sometimes odd things happen, 12 months ago there were 18 singletons among friends, across a range of breeds - and every one of them male

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, our kitten plans just changed. We'll be likely having same color kittens than you.
 (The colorpoint stud had to be neutered, so we are using a chocolate silver spotted point carrier instead).

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, our kitten plans just changed. We'll be likely having same color kittens than you.
 (The colorpoint stud had to be neutered, so we are using a chocolate silver spotted point carrier instead).
How exciting, so you'll get tabby and possibly points?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting, so you'll get tabby and possibly points?
Yes, chocolate, lilac, blue or black silver spotted tabbies and possibly the same ones as colorpoints. (Both sire and dam are silvers, but Luna does carry golden). Luna is a seal silver shaded point, but she does produce very patterned kittens so I don't think she'd have shaded kittens with a spotted stud. Choco, lilac or blue silver spotted Brits aren't common here at all and Luna is the only silver point Brit in this country that I'm aware of (and I'm aware of most, small country 
).

Charlotte ready to pop already?

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks massive!  Clearly he is doing very well at present, long may that continue.

And Charlotte looks well but huge!  Fingers crossed all goes well with her.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
He certainly is a well-looked after little guy.

And quite stunning.

Beautiful shots. Thank you for sharing.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, just waiting for Charlotte to pop so little man can have some friends. Ashia is doing a great job and he's gaining weight well.

A photo of his little face, he has a nice muzzle, excellent chin and nice profile.

View media item 132601

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
He's gorgeous. Are you keeping him?  I imagine there are many people waiting for your kittens. 

Are you expecting any black spotted silver kittens?  I'm completely bowled over by them, even though they're all stunning.

I'd forgotten about the sibling bit.  My boy has a very distinct personality as he was the only one that survived and he had much older kittens for company once he was big enough to mix with them.  But this little guy will have ones about his own age. There is a real art and responsibility to breeding, isn't there.  A labour of love.