Purraise
They both like just 1 n a half years old

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Manika

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You and those kitties have won our hearts and admiration. Leo came to teach us all and left when he had claimed us as family. He United us in love. His mother is beautiful too. I am so sorry you all suffered this loss. You suffered more too but you are also learning as the kitties teach you. This will give you knowledge and strength to help their cousins and others that come into your life. They accomplished so much for little kitties. People all over the world learned from them and you shared the love. Thank you for doing that and for giving them so much. Leo knew life, love and the comfort you and his mother gave him. Feona is a strong mother. You have some time to try and find the things that can raise her health if she needs it. The KMR would be great if you can find a way to get some. Goats milk could help too. You are giving her good food now so that is great. You are a great guardian to her. I don’t know what might be available to you there but high protein can help mom and any future babies. Sometimes we are not meant to save them, only to comfort the life before us and you did that beautifully. Thank you for being there even when it was very hard. You are a strong and good person. Many of us have suffered loss and our hearts weep with you. You are not alone even though we are far apart.
Thats so sweet of you❤ i haven't been to school for a week though after their deaths probably today the vet will come to her clinic she comes here twice a week she has clinic here

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very saddened with you. I just lost my friend kitty BJ who was very important in my life. He died the same day as your Busy or Buskey. His son and daughter are missing him too. I just try to sit with them when they eat and give them comfort. I hold them as much as they want and stroke them as I say loving words. I think this helps them. I let them know that I am still loving them.
You kitties are beautiful. I see the incision at the spay site. It looks like there was not healing properly there but the vet would know better than I would. If you get Feona spayed, maybe the vet can help you get some emergency first aid supplies since she only comes once a week. You could ask her to teach you how to watch fit problems and what to do if there is ever an emergency. Maybe she can help and maybe you can help her snd learn from her? If she knows you wish to help and learn, she may be encouraged by you. If I were her, I would be encouraged by you. Be sure to let her know what has been happening with Feona and ask if there is some way to give her extra strength after losing Leo. I am so glad she will be there for you to talk to. She is a wealth of knowledge.

Manika

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww! Thats so sad don't worry things will get better they all gonna be together in the rainbow bridge BJ,busy,frisky,buskey,leo❤❤

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't be afraid, of getting your Feona spayed...even though you tragically lost both Frisky, and Busy. :frown:
It does look like an infection happened after the incision site opened.
Antibiotics do help...when you can get to the Vet in time.
Be sure to let her know what has been happening with Feona and ask if there is some way to give her extra strength after losing Leo. I am so glad she will be there for you to talk to. She is a wealth of knowledge.
:yeah:
Yes, Manika Manika definitely let your nearby Vet know what is happening with your Feona.
She will be able to give you advice...of how to help her.
Wishing you the best, for your school studies, too.

Manika

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually the spay was not dont properly it was done for a long time under anesthesia with weakened their organs and caused brain damage in frisky which was the cause of seizers which is rare. the people who work in blue cross seem very careless which lead to this incident sadly.and the calicivirus thats a deadly upper respiratory infection which was the main cause of death which sadly has no cure its commonly found among cats in shelters and highly contagious

Manika

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't be afraid, of getting your Feona spayed...even though you tragically lost both Frisky, and Busy. :frown:
It does look like an infection happened after the incision site opened.
Antibiotics do help...when you can get to the Vet in time.

:yeah:
Yes, Manika Manika definitely let your nearby Vet know what is happening with your Feona.
She will be able to give you advice...of how to help her.
Wishing you the best, for your school studies, too.
Iam seriously afraid to get feona spayed because of this tragedy
We did spend like around 10k to save them but nothing worked we decided to do the spay in blue cross because it was affordable 2000rs but ended up like this. We should have done it with the vet i mentioned above she said 7000rs at first so we hesitated were not that rich though but spent the same amount on treatment after infection this is a great lesson for us

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Iam seriously afraid to get feona spayed because of this tragedy
We did spend like around 10k to save them but nothing worked we decided to do the spay in blue cross because it was affordable 2000rs but ended up like this. We should have done it with the vet i mentioned above she said 7000rs at first so we hesitated were not that rich though but spent the same amount on treatment after infection this is a great lesson for us
It so sad that the clinic you went to had that outcome.
We also have 'low cost spay/neuter clinics'...here in canada...and in 2015...I did take my two cats there...and previously I had taken a dog to a similar one, too. Everything went well with them.
Sometimes I think that it may depend on the clinics, and the vets that work there, the experience they have, especially if some have multiple terrible reviews,...but maybe it also depends on just 'chance'...that your cat came into contact with another cat that carried the calicivirus. But you are right, it does make more sense that this virus...would spread more easily in places where so many animals are.

I think there are treatments for calicivirus, here, but it depends upon which strain it is...and how cats respond.

So sorry for all your losses.
Hoping that with the loss of Leo, that somehow these medical tragedies will be over for you.
Also hoping, that the Vet nearby...does do better in watching out for any dangerous illnesses.
Learning these difficult lessons, after things happen, and choosing which vet clinics to go to, is indeed tough.
Sometimes...I think that certain things are meant to be, as they happen, no matter what we do.
While other things happen,...and we do have some small control...or choice over. It's so hard learning these lessons.
I read some quote, once, saying..."things happen...and we adjust ourselves to them"...which seems so true.

Don't be afraid...to talk with your nearby Vet...and tell her all that has happened.
She could at least explain in detail how her clinic, does things differently, and answer any questions you might have...with how she does spaying. Sometimes, just asking the staff vet techs, ..may also help, too.

Manika

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It so sad that the clinic you went to had that outcome.
We also have 'low cost spay/neuter clinics'...here in canada...and in 2015...I did take my two cats there...and previously I had taken a dog to a similar one, too. Everything went well with them.
Sometimes I think that it may depend on the clinics, and the vets that work there, the experience they have, especially if some have multiple terrible reviews,...but maybe it also depends on just 'chance'...that your cat came into contact with another cat that carried the calicivirus. But you are right, it does make more sense that this virus...would spread more easily in places where so many animals are.

I think there are treatments for calicivirus, here, but it depends upon which strain it is...and how cats respond.

So sorry for all your losses.
Hoping that with the loss of Leo, that somehow these medical tragedies will be over for you.
Also hoping, that the Vet nearby...does do better in watching out for any dangerous illnesses.
Learning these difficult lessons, after things happen, and choosing which vet clinics to go to, is indeed tough.
Sometimes...I think that certain things are meant to be, as they happen, no matter what we do.
While other things happen,...and we do have some small control...or choice over. It's so hard learning these lessons.
I read some quote, once, saying..."things happen...and we adjust ourselves to them"...which seems so true.

Don't be afraid...to talk with your nearby Vet...and tell her all that has happened.
She could at least explain in detail how her clinic, does things differently, and answer any questions you might have...with how she does spaying. Sometimes, just asking the staff vet techs, ..may also help, too.
Actually its not a clinic its a big organization where all kinds of animals are there hundreds of dogs and cats and cattles birds it also works as a shelter but the thing is they dont take proper care dogs with parvovirus are kept together and they are also net fed properly so most of them die and the vets that work there are just graduated students they practice on these poor souls🥺❤ they actually doing animal cruelty in the name of help tbh!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my Dear, I am so sorry I was not here when little Leo left. I had so hoped, when he started sucking, that somehow he would turn this around. I will tell my Dad, who left this world several years ago...goodness...24 years now...to take special care of little Leo. I remand all of our cats to his care, as he loved cats second only to my mother and me. He'll be in good hands!

Rest you gentle, Little Leo, dream you deep. Your tiny pawprints are on more hearts than ever you knew existed! Your little life was filled with meaning, and you are remembered and mourned by us all.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is sweet Feona doing? You two are dealing with a lot emotionally - too many tragic losses. Your kitties were so beautiful. Now we will follow Feona's pregnancy with great interest - is she still eating and drinking okay? I know that your studies are important but it was also important for you to be home with your pet. Many of us here understand your situation because we do not have a lot of money and veterinary costs go "sky high" very quickly. I feel bad for the puppies at the Blue Cross facility, especially if they aren't vaccinated - they do not look like energetic,playful puppies at all. You have the courage of a warrior to acknowledge the sad situations; it is only when we are willing to face the ugly things head-on, that we can help things change for the better. Please give Feona some scritches and pets for me! :petcat:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:Mega prayers and vibes that mama Feona is going to get through this safely and will be with you for years to come!!!! PLEASE keep us updated!!!! Try to give her extra warmth and keep her hydrated with unflavored pedialyte while you are waiting for the vet. If you cannot buy unflavored pedialyte, here is a homemade recipe. Also, try rubbing some unflavored karo syrup or honey on her gums, to help keep her blood sugar up. Petting her about the ears and cheeks may give her some comfort - just respond to her cues.
Pedialtye

Manika

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the vet just saw feona she said nothing to worry about its normal for a cat to bleed after giving birth she's healthy no need of medication she'll be alright.