Eating And Peeing More

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone,
Since Skye started to drink from a water fountain, I noticed that she's drinking and eating more so she pees and poops more. I'm just concerned because about 2 times a day I find to chunks of pee bigger than the ones the rest of the day, usually in the early morning when I wake up and clean her litter box from over night use and after her nap (sometimes the chunk of pee is bigger sometimes not) is this normal? I clean her litter box several times a day.
She's eating more wet food, about 5 oz. ( I feed her the 3 oz. Pouches or cans sometimes she eats two 3 oz cans or pouches) a day plus her dry food, about 1/4 of a cup sometimes 1/3 of a cup a day.
She's very healthy, she doesn't hide or shows any sighn of eilness, she's super playful and sure lets me know when she wants to eat.
Thank you for your help :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many pee chunks total for the day? I celebrate when I find big pee chunks, but that's just me. :D My boy cat has had so many pee problems that I'm happy when his clumps are big.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How many pee chunks total for the day? I celebrate when I find big pee chunks, but that's just me. :D My boy cat has had so many pee problems that I'm happy when his clumps are big.
Between 4 and 6. They are a good size but usually 2 of them are bigger.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. 6 is a lot. I think the most mine have ever done is 3 per day.

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. 6 is a lot. I think the most mine have ever done is 3 per day.
She's always done about 4 during the day and night when I'm awake... 5 or 6( I'm not 100%sure) if I count the over night ones too. I finally got her to eat more wet food so I'm thinking it could be because she's getting more moist in her. A little while ago when I took Skye to the vet for check up I mentioned it to the her and she Wasn't concerned about it but the size of them were pretty much the same then.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
GGG GGG , how old is your kitty? Is she still a kitten or still growing up to be an adult cat? Kittens have weak bladders and they cannot hold their pee for long periods of time so that's why they pee often and also if they are fully hydrated, they pee more and bigger clumps.

As they grow older, they have better control and they'll pee less often but pee clumps may still be big because instead of peeing 5 times in a day, now it's 3 times so it's accumulated pee. It all depends on how much water intake.

Most important thing is that you kitty is not screaming while peeing and no pee comes out or pee clumps becoming smaller and smaller or there's blood in the pee, then this is a concern and a vet's visit is in order.

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
GGG GGG , how old is your kitty? Is she still a kitten or still growing up to be an adult cat? Kittens have weak bladders and they cannot hold their pee for long periods of time so that's why they pee often and also if they are fully hydrated, they pee more and bigger clumps.

As they grow older, they have better control and they'll pee less often but pee clumps may still be big because instead of peeing 5 times in a day, now it's 3 times so it's accumulated pee. It all depends on how much water intake.

Most important thing is that you kitty is not screaming while peeing and no pee comes out or pee clumps becoming smaller and smaller or there's blood in the pee, then this is a concern and a vet's visit is in order.
Thank you!
She's 6 months old and she drinks water pretty good ( from a water fountain). She eats wet and dry food.
The pee clumps are the same size just a couple are bigger.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3140.GIF

6 months is still very much a kitten and good that she's hydrated.

Have a practice to just keep an observation. I watch when my boy pee or poop whenever I can and I pay attention to my boy's pee and poo to make sure that there's no irregularities. This is just one of the rituals I go through with my boy each day.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG