E Collar.....

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hinall me again lol

I just wanted to ask about The E Collar. My kitty has one on because he' been bitten by another cat on Friday. He's had the collar on for 3 days now and the wound is healing nicely. However the collar is really winding him up. When do u suggest I can take it off him? X

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat doesn't need to wear the e-collar all the time. You can take it off him when you're with him and you can control he's not licking or scratching the wound, then when you are out or can't control him anymore you put it on again.
As for taking it off for good, it depends on how the wound is healing and what your vet says. I wouldn't advice you to take it off before it's time.

carebare

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are two different types of e-collar, cloth and plastic. My cat reacts differently. I can take it off him for brief periods but he will try sneak in scratch attacks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Thank you both for your replies. I have decided to keep it on he has settled down a bit with it now and gotten used to it. Only needs to keep it on until Monday now so not long and the tail is healing really well xx