Don’t know how to feed my cat😭

Hansell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so I am incredibly stupid and clueless when it comes to cats nutrition but anyway. We recently adopted a 1 year old cat and we’ve had him for a week. He’s eating fine but I’ve been kinda going cray cray over the food he’s eating and what’s perfect for him and all of that and I need help😭 but I feed him like 1/2 cup of dry food (whiskas) in the morning, leave like another 1/2 for lunch because everyone’s busy and I go to school and then for dinner I fed (ran out of it today) him a pouch of whiskas wet food and some whiskas dry food. I give him treats everyday too and give him like the fancy feast puree and uhh friskies treats. But like I don’t know if I’m feeding him correctly or not and I’m worried I’m like starving him or depriving him of good food. My parents don’t know how to take care of a cat too and I feel so bad for Cassie (my little bby) I wanna know what and how I can feed him, pls help! And also since I just ran out of the pouches today we got like cans of fancy feast stuff and I read you can feed cats like 1/2 of it and save the rest but I genuinely don’t know. How much should he eat everyday? Should I change brands or feed him more wet food instead of only feeding him wet food in the morning or completely cut off dry food? PLEASE HEEELPPP🥲

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! I was just going to suggest that My cats like fancy feast classics turkey&giblets. If you just feed dry it will be hard to switch to wet. Whiskas is not a brand I would feed my cats. It doesn't matter if it's kitten or adult food. I feed them 3x a day. Do you have a picture? How much does he weigh?

Last edited: