Does Your Significant Other Help With Cat Chores?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, my significant other is a cat! And I can't get him to help with anything! Giving love and affection and entertaining me are all the duties they care to perform.
Same here, @Boris Diamond -- times three at present. As the legend, Karl Lagerfeld said, I'd marry (my cats) if it was possible!

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd say we share it, but I probably do more. He feeds breakfast because he is up first and he will even give in to Amber's meowing and pestering for it. He used to scoop litter but now I demand to do it because I want to keep an eye on the poops. I used to ask him did Amber poop today? and I don't think he paid any attention because he never knew, so we just decided for me to do it.

I feed dinner. We both play and cuddle. I do all meds, Revolution, etc. though he'll help hold if needed. I tend to pickup most food. We both try to go to the vet unless there's an emergency. I do more brushing but that's because my spouse does it so gently he doesn't pick up any fur. Its really adorable.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I definitely do the majority of the kitty chores. Mr. Grey fills their dry food bowl in the morning, then when I get up I give them the wet food. I clean the water fountain and clean the litterbox and crochet them little cat toys and blankets. I play with them every day. He plays with them pretty often but not as much. He does help with the heavy stuff though, hauling the big bag of cat food around and pouring the litter in when the box is full. I don't mind doing most of it day to day though because I did tell him when we got our second kitty I would do all the chores. "plzplzplz ill do everything" lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say we share it, but I probably do more. He feeds breakfast because he is up first and he will even give in to Amber's meowing and pestering for it. He used to scoop litter but now I demand to do it because I want to keep an eye on the poops. I used to ask him did Amber poop today? and I don't think he paid any attention because he never knew, so we just decided for me to do it.

I feed dinner. We both play and cuddle. I do all meds, Revolution, etc. though he'll help hold if needed. I tend to pickup most food. We both try to go to the vet unless there's an emergency. I do more brushing but that's because my spouse does it so gently he doesn't pick up any fur. Its really adorable.
Aw it is really cute how gentle he is with the brushing!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely do the majority of the kitty chores. Mr. Grey fills their dry food bowl in the morning, then when I get up I give them the wet food. I clean the water fountain and clean the litterbox and crochet them little cat toys and blankets. I play with them every day. He plays with them pretty often but not as much. He does help with the heavy stuff though, hauling the big bag of cat food around and pouring the litter in when the box is full. I don't mind doing most of it day to day though because I did tell him when we got our second kitty I would do all the chores. "plzplzplz ill do everything" lol.
*Like a little kid begging to adopt another cat. I like that.*

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I do everything myself. Of course it's just me and my 4 Cats so it's not like I have anyone to share taking care of them with anyway.
I am by myself, too. When I had 8 cats I had all of the cleaning and feeding to do myself. The worst part was cleaning and changing the littler boxes.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do the regular stuff and all the gross stuff. My husband was not blessed with a strong stomach and with 6 cats sometimes there's yuckiness. He's not opposed to helping though and he adores the cats (he is the one who got me into them afterall). I usually just have to ask. He does a lot of carrying though. The cat work/ housework is pretty well divided. He does almost all the cooking for us and he is the one who cleans our bathroom so I do the feeding for all the cats and clean their litters. His jobs are a little less disgusting than mine but I wouldn't want to trade either.

He also works at the shelter with me on weekends. Some nights he just washes litter boxes and those boxes that are "community" pans can be quite bad. So karmically he's doing his part when it comes to scrubbing cat poo off stuff.

AbbyBail

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do it all, my boyfriend only did it two years ago when I had my heart surgery and while I was home recovering from it. Don't judge, I am pretty stubborn when it comes to that and cleaning...got it from my grandfather lol.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do it all, my boyfriend only did it two years ago when I had my heart surgery and while I was home recovering from it. Don't judge, I am pretty stubborn when it comes to that and cleaning...got it from my grandfather lol.
Understand stubbornness- never. I'm not stubborn at all. I'm just very certain I do it better. lol

But I do get it.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am by myself, too. When I had 8 cats I had all of the cleaning and feeding to do myself. The worst part was cleaning and changing the littler boxes.
Wow, 8? How did you manage that? It's about all I can do to keep up with my 4 sometimes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do just about everything, but importantly kittyma holds our old girl Checkers every night while I give her fluids. I am thankful for that. She has second stage kidney disease and this has been a successful therapy for her.
Awww, kittypa kittypa that's good that you can both support Checkers while giving her her sub-Q. I did this for seven months with our beloved angel Moti, but I had no help, so I put a hard-sided top-loading carrier on the bathroom counter, hung the Ringers bag on a hanger on the shower frame right across from it, put Moti in the carrier and administered the Ringers. She was nobly patient and this method made it easier to get her the hydration she needed.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my case it's toilet paper or kleenex. Bailey destroyed a good full roll of toilet paper...OT I hope she grows out of it!
My Callie will eat kleenex, I have to make sure it's in a cabinet or drawer where she can't get to it otherwise I'll find puddles of vomit with bits of kleenex in them.

Fresca will eat the handles off of plastic grocery bags. She doesn't eat the whole bag and won't touch trash bags or sandwich bags or anything else.....she just eats the handles off grocery bags then vomits them out, usually on the carpet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Callie will eat kleenex, I have to make sure it's in a cabinet or drawer where she can't get to it otherwise I'll find puddles of vomit with bits of kleenex in them.

Fresca will eat the handles off of plastic grocery bags. She doesn't eat the whole bag and won't touch trash bags or sandwich bags or anything else.....she just eats the handles off grocery bags then vomits them out, usually on the carpet.
Elvis loves to lick plastic, but fortunately he does not eat it.