Does This Look Like Feline Herpes And Is The Risk To My Cats Too High?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates on Buddy?:bigeyes:
Buddy is growing so fast! He had his visit with the good vet and was given the all clear. His poops don't stink like they used to either so it must have been his food.
At his vet visit he should have been 10 weeks but he weighed in at 4.4 pounds. He had almost doubled his weight in 2 weeks! The vet said he is either older than the shelter thought, or he is going to be a monster of a kitty.:lol:
He is a loveable bundle of energy and difficult to get a photo of, but I keep trying!
20180616_095030.jpg

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, he is growing up so fast! I had to scroll back a couple of pages to refresh my memory re: what Buddy looked like when y'all brought him home. :lol:

How is Sam adjusting to your little bundle of joy?

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is Sam adjusting to your little bundle of joy?
Things aren't going great with Sam and Buddy. I'm totally to blame too.
I had just started scent swapping and Sam was fine, just curious. I screwed things up by taking Sam and Buddy to the vet at the same time. (Separate carriers of course, SHOULD have been separate cars!:lol:)
My vet is usually booked up 2 weeks in advance but there was an opening after Sam's appointment so I took it.
It was a very stressful visit for Sam. More than usual because he pooped in the carrier on the way there, had 2 shots, then peed in the carrier on the way home!:(
Buddy cried the whole time the car was moving.:bawling:
So now I think Sam blames Buddy for the scary, traumatic ordeal. He is now hissing at all the Buddy-scented socks I have lying around the house. I bought him some calming treats but he won't eat them.
:sniffle: I know it will work out eventually, it's just going to take longer than I had hoped it would. Poor Buddy wants out of the room so bad! He's ready to explore! Right now Buddy is in the bathroom while Sam is sniffing around the bedroom (saferoom) and hissing at Buddy's litterbox.
Fingers crossed they will be friends soon.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I would post a little update.

The last few days have been going really well for Sam and Buddy. There is no more hissing from Sam. The two of them started off playing footsie while one hid under the couch. Now they are chasing each other and friendly wrestling. The best part is Sam is getting excited and running around doing chirps and trills. He hasn't done that since Isabelle passed away.
I am hoping to see soon other good signs like Sam grooming Buddy or the two of them curled up together for a nap...but, baby steps, baby steps. Still, I think playing together is a big step forward so "HOORAY!":yess:
BTW, though Buddy is excited and wants to play with everyone, by far his favorite is Keith, our 10 yr old. Keith is so good natured! Even when he isn't playing with Buddy he will lay in the floor and let Buddy climb all over him and attack his tail and looks completely content. Keith has the patience of a saint! He would have been an excellent mommy!:lol:

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy just had another vet visit for boosters. He is now 5.5 pounds. He gained a little over a pound in 3 weeks. I think he may be a big boy when he grows up.:)
He is doing so well! Our other cats have been very accepting of him and he has been like a breath of fresh air here. He has brought so much happiness!:cloud9:

20180703_111507.jpg
20180701_173856.jpg

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update, and the pics! Buddy is adorable, and amazingly still in that first photo. :lol:

Wow. I can't believe how much he's grown already!

I'm so glad everything is working out for y'all. Sounds like Buddy is a purr-fect fit. :)