Does Anyone Else Give Their Cats Nicknames?

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Atsuko -
Pretty girl
Squeaker
Baby Girl
Good Girl
Squeak Toy
My ex used to call her 'Mrs. Bigglesworth' when petting her.

Saru(Monkey) -
Sarutobi(Monkey jump)
Monkey
Lil Boy
Shithead
Butt Pain
Squeaker
Whiner

Both my cats have high voices, even tho one of them is a boy. They also both have moments when they 'squeak' and Saru has a very whiny way of speaking and a lot of energy.

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
neely neely lol thank you. Hubby came up with that nickname for him when Pixie went missing for a couple of days. He used to be a stray cat outside that we started feeding when we moved to our apartment. When we didn't see Pixie for a few days, hubby said "Where is that Pixelated Cat?" Shortly after that, we adopted him and made him our indoor kitty :hearthrob:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remy: Rem, Bud, Buddy, Dude, Brat, Jerk Face. When I first got him I briefly called him Remington Steele, but I stopped that after a month or so.

Maisie: Maisie Girl, Pretty Girl, Maise, Sweetie.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista has many nicknames:

Three tooth (when she had one canine extracted)
One tooth (when she had two more extracted)
Furry Foreman
My Alarm Clock
Pooper Duper
Poopy Butthole
Fur Pig
My socially awkward roommate who poops in a box
Cat Gallagher (ibd barf from atop media bench. The splash zone was huuuuuge!)
Barf grenade (I have woken to the sound of her retching on the bed and I toss that barf grenade to blow at ground level)
Hat Trick (I prefer this to “triaditis”)

When she gets sick, giving her a nickname helps me accept it with grace (and an inappropriate sense of humor.)

But mostly I just call her Baby.

Attachments

calico man

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nicknames for Pixie:
Pixelated Cat
Mr. Pix
Pixie-bob
Kitty-Kitty
Baby Cat (he acts like a giant baby, if it were up to him I would hold him 24/7)
Dorito Ears (his ears are large and hubby says they look like tortilla chips)
Turkey Boy (he is a large cat and sort of resembles a turkey when he is loafing)
To Pixelated Cat: my brother's cat looks like yours!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good day?
Cute, cutie, munchkin. Boys are bro, brothers, and each have a nickname for their personality (the cat that eats bugs is bug cat or bug killer. The cat that loves laying on the computer is computer cat, etc.)
Girls are sis, sissy, sister, cutest cat ever (that's Baby Girl) and mouse killer. Same with personable nicknames, except for one cat we lovingly call "b***h cat" because she'll kill herself to steal one morsel of food (that is about 1/18th of a teaspoon) from another cat and plot it so amazingly well that we can't help but be impressed with her determination. That's a cat with a future. :yess::thumbsup:

Bad day, when you step in cat vomit at 5:00AM while you're barely awake, and a cat randomly decides to leap up and latch onto your face with 4 feet of claws?
Jerks. They're just jerks. Queen Bee's brother has a nasty 10 year old habit of screaming, yowling for food when he knows he needs to not do that because it's barely 2 past 5 in the morning and I'm not awake enough to feed him. Over the years, it's gone from loud screaming to a low key, quiet, muffled yowl. Because he's smarter than me, and he's a jerk, and knows I can't tell a cat to stop screaming if they're not screaming.
Cats, 6,206,207.
Me, -6.
:(

Last edited:

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chilli:
MaoMao (honestly, I call her this 90% of the time. Chilli who?)
Mao
Maoey, pronounced like Maui, because why not
Memaw
MaoMao Kissy Cutie (bonus points if you get that reference!)
Fluffernutter
Any inanimate object, topic of conversation, food, or slightly weird word that happens to be brought up at any given moment (aww, you're such a gooooood Historical Artifact! I love my little Cacao Nibs Tea! Look at my favorite Lint Roller! Perfect angel Grain Of Salt! She's a real live Spicy Fire Chicken Ramen Noodle Packet!)

Clove:
Baby
The Baby
Baby but with a short "a"
Bab
The Creature
The Child
The Crazy
The Monster
The Thing
Pippi Longstocking
Good Gorilla
Squeaker
Beeper

Chai had a few too:
TaiTai
Tricky
Nya-ooo (which is exactly how her meow sounded)
Stinky Face
Tripod
Cuddlebug

None of this is even getting into the specific dialect and uniquely weird manner of speaking that each of them has. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lilith: Lily Belle, Little Belle (she's tiny), Little Queen, LQ, Baby Lily

Sophie: Sophiesaurus, Saurus, Baby Girl (she's younger), Kitten, Baby Kitten, BK, Bunny Girl, Bunny (she hops in and out of boxes like a bunny

DD started calling her Sophiesaurus when she gets the zoomies. :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remy: Rem, Bud, Buddy, Dude, Brat, Jerk Face. When I first got him I briefly called him Remington Steele, but I stopped that after a month or so.

Maisie: Maisie Girl, Pretty Girl, Maise, Sweetie.
I just remembered a couple more for Remy: My boy, (My) Handsome Boy.

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is some of our's;

Caterpillar:
subtitle blocker (because whenever we watch a movie with subtitles, she is exactly at the middle of subtitles :) )
bully girl (because she nearly always annoys the other cats in the house)

Chickpea:
side brush killer (whenever we turn on the robot vacuum, she is there to kill the side brush)

Waffles:
rocket

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Andy is...

Andrew
HumpBackCat
HumpHump
Buddy
AndyBandy
And -- according to Mrs. Q -- F***CAT!!! when he's very, very, bad

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I want to know is.... how many people accidentally call their partner by their cat's name when flustered? :wave3: Dangit Mittens! Whiskers! Bob! whoever you are!
I got called by the dog's name all the time. I think Dad just had a list of household names to go through, and he stopped when when he hit upon one that seemed right.