Does Anyone Else Give Their Cats Nicknames?

lolliegoth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow your cats sound majestic. like they’re famous haha how cute!!!
When a Princess needs a Knight she shall have, hence Sir Griflet (Knight of the round table but the cat is a HUGE SOOK). A princess also needs a maid hence Lady Niniane (a derivate of Viviane AKA Lady of the Lake - who showers with me!). Breeders of Grif and Nini even agreed and put those names on their papers! Stuffed if I know what to call the next one!

lolliegoth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have two cats. one has been missing for over a month now but he’s still my baby and i’m not losing hope that i will find him..

anyway, here are my cats’ nicknames

chibi (the one who is missing) - cheebz, cheeb meister, gary (the snail), cheebz dweeb, garfield (his favorite treat is lasagna), son, son-son

kibanna (plays fetch) - kibbin, kibbin mclibbin, cob (she likes corn on the cob), kiban, kevin

my boyfriend also sometimes calls her red *****/orange ***** when she’s being naughty lmao (she’s a ginger cat and has the most personality i’ve ever seen)

i’m sure there’s more nicknames but that’s the ones we call them most frequently. we call them by their nick names more often than their government names lol

just curious if anyone else does this lol
Is he home yet? So thinking of you!

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the last week he's flipped the recliner over on it's back several times. Turned it on it's side twice.
Decided to test his water bowl to see if might actually be a toilet bowl.
Flipped his litter box upside down.
Took one of my boots and wouldn't give it back...it's not waterproof anymore.

So, yeah....He's got a few nicknames. :flail:

diana'scats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have two cats. one has been missing for over a month now but he’s still my baby and i’m not losing hope that i will find him..

anyway, here are my cats’ nicknames

chibi (the one who is missing) - cheebz, cheeb meister, gary (the snail), cheebz dweeb, garfield (his favorite treat is lasagna), son, son-son

kibanna (plays fetch) - kibbin, kibbin mclibbin, cob (she likes corn on the cob), kiban, kevin

my boyfriend also sometimes calls her red *****/orange ***** when she’s being naughty lmao (she’s a ginger cat and has the most personality i’ve ever seen)

i’m sure there’s more nicknames but that’s the ones we call them most frequently. we call them by their nick names more often than their government names lol

just curious if anyone else does this lol
Oh, yes! Mine are LuLu for Cindy Lu and MeMe for Mia.

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I call them all "fluffy" or "fluffers" sometimes even though only one of the cats is actually named Fluffy, and only two have long floofy hair (Grover and Ninja).

And Ember gets called fluffy baby, floofer, sweetheart, sneaky pete (don't ask), lumpie, sweet baby, the list goes on.

I call Runty "Runts" a lot too and Pepper "Peps".

radarlove413

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YES. So much so that they respond to their nicknames more than their actual names now!

Dunlop:

Tabby-wabby
Tiddles
T-Diddy
Chubby-Wubby-Tabby-Wabby
Crabby-Taby
Cribble-Tibble
T-Dawg
Turbo Tabby

Donatello:

Don-Don
Donald
Donald Trump
Ham (since he's a goofy boy!)
Black Forest Ham
M.C. Hammer
Hamilton

Cocoa (he's new so these are still developing)

Cocoa-Bean
Cocoa-Bear

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've started calling my Chesterfield "football," because that's what shape he is. What a piglet. He even seems to respond to it, which is more than he ever did for his given name.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet Gum is actually our cat's nickname. She got it as a kitten. It sounded so much nicer than Slice and dice.

Here is a picture of a sweet gum seed ball. If you ever stepped on one you'll remember it. With shoes there's a good chance of turning your ankle, without shoes...

upload_2019-1-31_11-48-35.png

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A couple morel

Mr wedgehead

mr bloomers (although I suppose this ought to really be knickers but bloomers sounds better LOL)

mr happy tail

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although we call him "Puddy-Tat" most often, the name we call him actually varies.

Most of the time, he's "Puddy-Tat" or "Kitty-Kitty" but when he's being a brat or acting spoiled he gets called "Fuzz Face" or "Tuna Breath."

The only time he gets called by his given name is when he misbehaves.

We don't call him by his given name very often. ;)

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Clove has a new nickname that I THINK is gonna be the one to stick, for the rest of her life:

Stove.

“Aww, good girl, Stove! C’mere, Stovie! Look, it’s Stovie Wonder!”

:lol::lol::lol:

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband does. But did it with our kids too. Lillian and Levi get called little girl and booger, which I think started out as bugger lol

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola has a few nicknames.
Loly-Oly or just Loly
Sweetums
Honey-bunches
Honey-bungee
Pussy Willow after the cat from 101 Dalmatians (the book)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've only had our new crew for about six months but they do have nicknames already.

Bynx - Bynxers, Bynxie, Crazy cat, Bud, Walkie-talkie, Chompers, Sucky pants

Chester - Chesterfield, Mr. Purrs, Bud, Chesteroo, Chess, Purr man, Mr. Man

Lily - Honey bun, Princess, Bonkers, Lily-poo, Lily bonks, Bebe (Baby in french), Sweet pea, Flipsies

All the cats have been called Boo or Boo-boo at some point.
We also tend to just put Mr or Miss in front of whatever word describes them at the time (ex. Mr. Affectionate), or add "pants" after whatever describes them at the time as well (ex. licky pants, hungry pants etc...)

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Loki has the most nicknames only because there are so many words that rhyme with Loki:
Oki-Dokie
Hokey-Pokey
Smokey
or any combination of the above words
Since Loki is our biggest cat, he is also known as Big Guy.

Clyde is known as Little Big Guy since he is second biggest. He used to be a bit overweight and I called him Wide Clyde. But, he has dropped a few pounds so I retired that nickname.

Our girls don't really have nicknames. I sometimes call them Miss Lexi and Miss Bonnie. But, that's really it.