Does Anyone Else Give Their Cats Nicknames?

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I usually call my cats by their nicknames more than their actual names lol

Finnegan - Finny, Fin-Fin, Fin-Bin

Theodore - Teddy, Tedders, Tedder-tot. I usually say these nicknames with a thick country accent. Idk why. It just happened.

Nicknames I use with every cat I adopt - bud, hunny, little man, little dude, sweet baby, mister man, child (I say this with exasperation when they do something that just makes me go...why?), sweet boy, stinker butt, dude.

I called my first cat, Squeakers, Weeky-boy. My mom would call my second cat Nico-boy. I mostly just used the list of names above for him.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I use so many nicknames and so often that it is a bit surprising that Freya even knows her name.

Her usual one, though is, "Captain Bitey", even though that hasn't been an issue with her in a long time.

Our new cat (possibly named Kira) has the nick name of "squeekers", since she makes a lot of cute squeeky sounds

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They have so many nicknames. Some of them are "group" nicknames, like Trouble 1 and Trouble 2, or Boss Kitty and Minion Kitty.

Amelia's official nickname is Millie and that's what I usually call her (except on here; there are more Millies than Amelias so I do it to avoid confusion). I also call her Little Chonk (since she gained a bit too much weight), Lil' Nubs (she's got a short tail), Milliepede (pronounced like millipede, the insect), Short Stuff, and Frankenkitty.

... it's no wonder she doesn't come when I call her actual name.

Mischief's official nickname is Missy. She's also Little Derp/Derpy Kitty, Hot Stuff, and Squeaky (her meow is very squeaky). I've only had her for around a month so I don't have as many nicknames for her.

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shade - Miss Shade, Shady-cat
Meko - Mekomei, Meimei
Camo - Mo, Momo, Camocat
Kismet - 'Smet, Smitty-kitty
Peridot - Rido, Rido-rido
Henna - 'Na, Henanana, Hennacat
Shiloh - Loh-shi, Shy
Ronan - Ruh-roh Ronan, Ro-ro
Mosaic - Mosy, Motsy, Motsy-aic
Treble - Treble Clef, Little Miss Clef
Ashwin - Ash, 'Shwin, Shwinny-kitty, Wiggle-butt

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shade - Miss Shade, Shady-cat
Meko - Mekomei, Meimei
Camo - Mo, Momo, Camocat
Kismet - 'Smet, Smitty-kitty
Peridot - Rido, Rido-rido
Henna - 'Na, Henanana, Hennacat
Shiloh - Loh-shi, Shy
Ronan - Ruh-roh Ronan, Ro-ro
Mosaic - Mosy, Motsy, Motsy-aic
Treble - Treble Clef, Little Miss Clef
Ashwin - Ash, 'Shwin, Shwinny-kitty, Wiggle-butt
Good ones there!

Pinkbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol I am so glad everyone does this. All our cats have boring names because we never intended to keep them, so the nicknames are what we always use.
Crash- Crasher, Crashy Crash, and Oh Crash (said in a ridiculous voice)
Jet - Blacky, Blacky Black, and Blackness
Tabby- Tabby Snabby , Tabby Cat, Tabby Nat
Little Bit- Nittle Bit, Little Bitty
And of course Kitty, Kitty Cat, and Pretty Kitty

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol I am so glad everyone does this. All our cats have boring names because we never intended to keep them, so the nicknames are what we always use.

I've a friend who's got a cat that they didn't plan to keep. They were going to fix her and then find a home for her. When the vet asked the cat's name, my friend's dad responded with something like "uhhh... Kitty X."

Now, some five or six years later, they still have Kitty X. I guess it just stuck! :lol:

kosame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My former kitty David I never nicknamed! But I called him, buddy, baby-boy, soldier, pal, etc

Former kitty Shiloh had so many. I miss her <3
Shy, Ashiya, Ash, Ashi, little flame, little one, babygirl, bean

Theo has a few! Baby boy, handsome, Teo (pronounced kinda like Tay-oh)

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have two cats. one has been missing for over a month now but he’s still my baby and i’m not losing hope that i will find him..

anyway, here are my cats’ nicknames

chibi (the one who is missing) - cheebz, cheeb meister, gary (the snail), cheebz dweeb, garfield (his favorite treat is lasagna), son, son-son

kibanna (plays fetch) - kibbin, kibbin mclibbin, cob (she likes corn on the cob), kiban, kevin

my boyfriend also sometimes calls her red *****/orange ***** when she’s being naughty lmao (she’s a ginger cat and has the most personality i’ve ever seen)

i’m sure there’s more nicknames but that’s the ones we call them most frequently. we call them by their nick names more often than their government names lol

just curious if anyone else does this lol
I’m so sorry Chibi is missing. My beautiful Atari vanished in September last year, but I won’t give up hope

As for nicknames, we call him Sniffy, Sniffins, Sir Purrsley, Captain Claws and Weasel.

Our new kitten, Sinclair, gets called Baby Girl, Queenie Weenie, Slinky, Slinkabell, Slinkerella and Twinkle.

No idea why we pick out names for our cats when we never use their actual names and only about 20 different nicknames instead! :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I adopted Flora a few weeks ago, the nicknames I've been using on her have primarily been Kitten, Little Kitten, or Little Flora.