Do Your Cats Watch Tv?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My RB cat Blackberry loved it when we upgraded to a TV with a larger screen. She was captivated. Last night, I invited Daisy to watch a scary movie about Slender Man with me. She wisely declined. Daisy will practically try to climb into the computer screen if there is a YouTube video with mewing kittens on. I think she worries about them, so I end up turning down the sound on cute kitten videos.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you are quite correct. :paranoid:
*...though we do have a steady diet of true crime shows here. And we're very impressed by "I AM THE NIGHT". (If you watch, be sure to catch the podcasts, too, with interviews of family members and much more than you possibly want to know about the Black Dahlia murder.)*

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee and Fudge are intrigued by bright colours on TV, as well as other animals such as birds, dogs and other cats (big or small!). Toffee also loves watching anime - which I often watch - since he's attracted by the bright colours and bold animations on the screen.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie enjoys watching a variety of programs with me including some nature shows. But he always sleeps through any program which shows lions, tigers or any other type of wild cat. Recently he was intently watching the Gieco commercial that features squirrels and seemed to think those were cats...weird!

Last edited by a moderator:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Theodore will sometimes watch TV when I am laying in bed but it is up on the wall so he can't get close. He REALLY likes to watch my computer screen and the videos I play. He also likes to chase the mouse pointer on the screen. There is food on the screen but to him it means nothing....he has never had "people food". (and never will) He just likes seeing the movement. He has to be part of everything I do. LOL

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I set up Cat TV for my 3 year old Tabby everyday now. She was from a 2 cat household until we rescued her from a kill shelter. I just want her to be happy and not feel too alone. I'm away from home 10 hours a day. Likewise, I leave a light on because it may be dark before I get back.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan likes animated movies. Guess it's a good thing we got Disney+. She also lays on the couch in the meatloaf position and turns her ears to the speakers when we watch musicals

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee loves nature documentaries. There was a "big cat" documentary a while back on TV here and he seemed genuinely concerned for some lion cubs who had lost their parents - he crept up to the TV and watched until they were reunited.

Neko-chan likes animated movies. Guess it's a good thing we got Disney+. She also lays on the couch in the meatloaf position and turns her ears to the speakers when we watch musicals
Toffee and Fudge enjoy animation too.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check your local PBS station. It was on PBS, and you can often see the shows on the website. It was in three parts, and the last one ended with the smallest cat in the world. An adult is about 2 lbs, and it is the cutest thing you've ever seen.