Do you let your cat sleep in your bed with you at night?

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
@Mama Africa  is she/he totally crashed out?  Does she (for the sake of grammar) always sleep with her eyes open?  I'm not sure whether I think it's really cool or a bit creepy 
  Maybe she's mediating and has entered a deep trance.  Or perhaps she's lucid dreaming?  Whatever the case, you have one unusual kitty there.  And with that, I've decided she's pretty darn cool  

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
​It's not the first time I noticed that she is keeping her eyes open while sleeping. Maybe she's afraid of the dark ?

Don't worry, most of the time, she keeps them closed...

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I surely would specially if I were a cat!!!

Has your cat ever awaken you hitting you with her paw in the middle of the night  for no apparent reason and  gone back to sleep immediately? 

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I surely would specially if I were a cat!!!

Has your cat ever awaken you hitting you with her paw in the middle of the night  for no apparent reason and  gone back to sleep immediately? 
No, but I have awakened and tossed the sleeping cat onto another by the bed where a [ROWR! SCREACH!] momentary catfight resulted. At least not under the covers. Oh, we do get along, don't we?

tristessa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went to an allergist and discovered I have an allergy to dust mites. The doctor asked if I had pets and I said that I just adopted a second cat. She recommended that I shut the cats out of my bedroom. I could tell she obviously didn't have cats of her own. She didn't understand the struggle.

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have two cats sleep on the bed with us.The problem is, they take up the whole bed! They are all stretched out, and we have no space. Or they sleep between our legs so we can't move! I should just move them, but they are so cute, they get away with it!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep alone in a double bed so there is plenty of room for both of us, Cucumella and I  but she always sleeps on the same spot next to me although she does roam all over the place when she is awake.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We have two cats sleep on the bed with us.The problem is, they take up the whole bed! They are all stretched out, and we have no space. Or they sleep between our legs so we can't move! I should just move them, but they are so cute, they get away with it!
Every night I'll have either January's hind legs on me chest, neck or ear, depending on which direction he is sleeping while fully stretched out or his butt is in me face [emoji]128561[/emoji] :lol3:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

Every night I'll have either January's hind legs on me chest, neck or ear, depending on which direction he is sleeping while fully stretched out or his butt is in me face [emoji]128561[/emoji]
Speaking of sleeping spread out-the other night Honeybee had her bum in my face-but she had her tail curled to cover it-but she climbed up-curled into a ball and fell over while shoving her backside into my chin. she was making biscuits and purring..I didn't have the heart to push her away as if I try to reposition her she growls then leaves and won't come back. She's my growly lover cat :p Jon said to me how did Honeybee's bum smell?!! LOL He sleeps odd hours and I guess he woke up and saw the kitty being strange

My neck/shoulders were nice and toasty warm that night.

This morning she was drapped out against my chest and she was still there when I woke up at 4:50 this morning....had her head against my shoulder..gently snoring..I was sweating so much..but I had to move her to get up...my warm brick kitty.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have two that sleep with us. About thirty minutes before bedtime they come into the room and stare us down, walking back and forth to the bedroom. They also go looking for a person if they are not quick enough to get into bed. Then they both jump up, find their spots, one on the bottom of the bed, one in the middle and throw themselves down like they are totally beat. Then about thirty minutes before wake up time they walk on us and meow softly to wake us up.  I am thankful not all 5 sleep with us, we wouldn't be able to move!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I read your guy's reports I feel a little ashamed because sometime ago I had closed my bedroom door to keep Cucumella out after her walks over my face resulted in scratches on my cheek;ear and nose. Fortunately encouraged by some of you I allowed her back and now she behaves herself.  But my question is how you guys with cats walking over your head do not get scratched. Are you able to cut your cats' claws?

Last edited by a moderator:

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our kitten used to sleep on top of my partners pillow when she was tiny now she either sleeps on his side of the bed when he's on nights or between us at the bottom of the bed when he's there too ! If one of us has had to shout at her during the day she will sleep on the others side of the bed to show she's still annoyed ! I never owned a cat before so not heard of dangers etc.. I actually can't get to sleep if I don't know where she is in the house so I feel better when I know she's on the bed somewhere at night

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten walks over me in the mornings if she wants feeding ! She doesn't walk on my face however when I open my eyes she is staring at me ! She knows face is off bounds even when in biting mood