Do you let your cat sleep in your bed with you at night?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a bunch of cats! And there I thought two was too many on the bed. And yeah, we have a king sized bed too, and STILL no room! When I get up there are two laying right next to me and they are not quiet about me disturbing them, they even reach out and grab any moving parts with those claws.

I want to know how Tarasgirl06 got ALL of them on the bed at the same time, cats have a habit of moving or jumping at the last second, right before the picture is taken. My only way to photograph kittens is to put them in a five gallon bucket and take the picture looking down into it, I made the paper with those shots!

bonnieflora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh yes. Bonnie got used to it as a tiny kitten and now it's just natural to both of us.

She used to sleep on me, in my lap, or close beside me. Recently, she prefers the end of the bed.

I don't think it's unhealthy (I'm getting that a lot from family members and friends). I mean, there might be conditions where it is a possible threat but not for adults with a healthy immune system. And I think it is definitely less dangerous than sleeping with another human ;)

Personally, I am sure it is beneficial to my health, both mental and physical. I go to sleep and wake up happier, knowing Bonnie will be there, and purring relaxes me.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, gosh, I was looking for my pix with 9 on there, but I couldn't find them in my thousands of photos 
  They just love the bed, and that's where they would always congregate when the furmily was larger.  Now there are only 3, so that doesn't happen, especially with my feral girl's animosity toward our big guy.  She goes into war mode whenever she sees him.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine my cats sleeping in after I wake up. They are right in my face the minute I open my eyes, and then they start romping all over the bed until I get up. Over, under, and around the bed, thumping and stomping and chirping all the while.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 During daytime Cucumella likes to sleep on the spare bedroom bed, that is when they let her! The"awaker" is one of my great grandsons, almost 3years old UNAI  Sorry, I don't know how to post smaller pictures from photobucket.  The description is over the photo.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

I can't imagine my cats sleeping in after I wake up. They are right in my face the minute I open my eyes, and then they start romping all over the bed until I get up. Over, under, and around the bed, thumping and stomping and chirping all the while.
They get up when hubby does.  They do their morning litter box routine, have breakfast, and come back to bed before I even get up.  
   And then Ozzy will sleep there all morning.  

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What a beautiful picture!  And your great grandson is angelic!  He could be a model for children's clothes or something.  
Thank you Tarasgirl. I will pass your comments on to his parents. The poor litttle thing tried to play with Cucumella but I think she has past the playing age and she walked  away from him and hid somewhere after putting up with his invitations for some time.
 I definitely don't know how to handle the pictures either they are too big or too small

Last edited:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you Tarasgirl. I will pass your comments on to his parents. The poor litttle thing tried to play with Cucumella but I think she has past the playing age and she walked  away from him and hid somewhere after putting up with his invitations for some time.
 I definitely don't know how to handle the pictures either they are too big or too small
​Too big is better than too small. Nice picture, worth squinting to see . . .

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's absolutely true.  Look at child models/actors and you'll see -- he would fit right in!  Not that I'd recommend it, but just saying.  He really is outstanding-looking.

I always choose the "medium" when I'm posting a photo, because I'm such a middle-of-the-road kind of person.  It seems to work out well.  

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

​Too big is better than too small. Nice picture, worth squinting to see . . .

What a beautiful picture!  And your great grandson is angelic!  He could be a model for children's clothes or something.  
 I definitely don't know how to handle the pictures from Photo Bucket either they are too big or too small.  
Trying to improve the little photo I didn't get an option from Photo Bucket. The uploading system at the Cat Site doesn't work for me anymore I don't nw why.

Last edited:

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
They say revenge is sweet.  It sure is.

I'm allergic to cats and I have been fighting with Montressor for what seems like ages because he wants to curl around my head at night.  Getting up for Sudafed at 3am for a major sinus headache is about a once a week occurrence.  I've gotten to where I can't stand him touching my head and face.  I set up my pillows to where there's a little spot for him to sleep that doesn't involve touching me, but he wants to touch me.  When he gets too obnoxious, I pick him up and put him at the foot of the bed and a couple times of that and he gets the message and settles down without touching me.  I still need the Sudafed though.

And my husband never fails to tell me that he needs to be with me because it makes him feel secure and that he needs to touch me because it makes him feel secure and how I'm mean for putting him on the foot of the bed.

And now that darling little cat has changed his habits.  I work much later than my husband so I go to bed after he's asleep.  Montressor takes over my half of the bed if I'm not in it.  And now when I go to bed Montressor starts pacing all over the bed and either lies down between us in a way that he's pressing against my husband's face or curls up against my husband's face on the other side.  He so wants to be near faces that if you turn onto your other side, he will get up and walk around to be near your face again.

And he's now fussing worse than I ever did and pushing Montressor away and complaining he needs sleep, etc.

And I'm like "yeah buddy, now you know how I feel".  Hee hee.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

During daytime Cucumella likes to sleep on the spare bedroom bed, that is when they let her! The"awaker" is one of my great grandsons, almost 3years old UNAI  Sorry, I don't know how to post smaller pictures from photobucket.  The description is over the photo.
They are both adorable. 

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too bad, because your photos are so great!  Have you asking a mod to help?  I haven't used Photobucket for a long time, and TCS's uploader is so convenient for me because of the size options.

Your photo is gorgeous!  What an adorable twosome.  This picture would make a beautiful card or calendar.

I have most of my photos on my computer and since Windows10 has issues with downloading photos for a lot of users, I decided to look elsewhere and got google photos.  I LOVE it.  I change my computer's wallpaper and lockscreen photos frequently, all from my own photos.  It's another way to enjoy favorites!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's too bad, because your photos are so great!  Have you asking a mod to help?  I haven't used Photobucket for a long time, and TCS's uploader is so convenient for me because of the size options.

Your photo is gorgeous!  What an adorable twosome.  This picture would make a beautiful card or calendar.

I have most of my photos on my computer and since Windows10 has issues with downloading photos for a lot of users, I decided to look elsewhere and got google photos.  I LOVE it.  I change my computer's wallpaper and lockscreen photos frequently, all from my own photos.  It's another way to enjoy favorites!
Thank you Tarasgirl, yes I did report my problem to Norachan and Margret but for the moment they have not been able to figure out what my problem is. I also have Windows 10 but have no idea how to use google for updating photos. I didn't even know google did that!!

I'll keep on trying.  Thanks again