Did You Turn The Heat On Yet?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Once the heat is on permanently for winter we set the thermostat at 66 in the morning, turn it up to 68 in the late afternoon when the sun sets and down to 62-64 at bedtime.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My furnace goes on as early as mid September and stays on as late as May depending on unpredictable Minnesota spring and fall temperatures. Set for 63 at night, 67 for day. These really cold winter days when the cold finds its way in through window drafts, fuzzy slippers and warm shawls are also needed.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not unusual to have to switch right from heating to air conditioning, or vice versa, then back again, sometimes all in the same day, lol. Oh SD weather, it's wild.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not unusual to have to switch right from heating to air conditioning, or vice versa, then back again, sometimes all in the same day, lol. Oh SD weather, it's wild.
We had that this year. Air conditioning to heat in just a couple days.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love mild spring and fall days when I can open the windows and not use the heat or AC. But they're so rare!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really miss my home state, South Dakota :redheartpump:

Colorado weather right off the mountains in Denver can be dramatic too :) this house is east west facing and has new windows, and I can't get away with having the thermostat that low.