Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Day 63 Updated!

Discussion in 'Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care' started by Rachie1990, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Rachie1990

Rachie1990 Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Jun 11, 2019
    Hello everyone my kitty is day 63 and she's doing well no signs of birth I think , my cat whom is normally affectionate won't let me touch her and is hiding alot could this mean she is at the start of her labour she is eating and drinking though. Thanks in advance

2. Rachie1990

Jun 11, 2019
    She's swishing her tail alot and trying to bite it like it's hurting or making her jump could this be a sign of contractions ?

mmeyers9 purraised this.

3. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    Behavioral changes are a sign that labor is nearing. Usually cats become more affectionate, but they sometimes act more reclusive. Have you noticed any milk production yet? That usually starts a day or two before delivery.

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

4. Rachie1990

Jun 11, 2019
    No not that I can see she does have two days till 65 since that's the gestation period Ive read I think about every sight to get ready for her birth as I really don't want to be un prepared

5. Sarthur2

Sarthur2 Cat lady extraordinaire Staff Member Advisor

Mar 8, 2015
    Sunny Florida
    Cat gestation can easily go to 68 or 70 days, so your cat is getting close and may be feeling uncomfortable right now.

6. Rachie1990

Jun 11, 2019
    No babies still and she has stopped attacking her tail she's still eating and drinking and not showing any signs labour is close nor no milk but there is scabby bits around the area of her nipples

7. abyeb

Feb 18, 2017
    Keep an eye on her and be patient; the kittens will come when they’re ready. 64 days is the average gestation length for cats, but up to 67 days is still considered normal.

Pregnancy And Delivery In Cats

Is she a Siamese by any chance? They typically have a little longer gestation period.

8. Sarthur2

Mar 8, 2015
    Sunny Florida
    The crusty stuff around her nipples is dried milk. This means her milk is coming in, which means she’s close!

9. lutece

lutece TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 8, 2018
    Crusty flaky stuff around nipples generally isn't dried milk. Cats in late stage pregnancy tend to get dry flaky skin on and around their nipples. In my cats, this normally happens before milk production starts.

It can be hard to predict exactly when a cat will give birth... once you are in the date range, generally you just have to wait and see.

10. Rachie1990

Jun 11, 2019
    Hey guys great news she had 4 beautiful little babies she and babies are doing well thank you for all your help 20190613_153711.jpg

Attached Files:

catsknowme, Jewely, ArchyCat and 3 others purraised this.

11. Sarthur2

Mar 8, 2015
    Sunny Florida
    Beautiful, healthy looking kittens! :)

catsknowme purraised this.

12. Rachie1990

Jun 11, 2019
    Hey guys just thought I'd update you on the babies and mummy they all have homes with friends and family and I will be keeping one baby. Pebbles has her little eyes open already (not forced) they are so cute and are all fed very well. Mummy is doing well and is very great with her babies. I can't beleive how quick they grow. Just thought I'd give u a update and some awwww pics x

Attached Files:

GlitterKittie, war&wisdom and Sarthur2 purraised this.

13. Rachie1990

Jun 11, 2019
    Ok so my kitty had babies 1 week and 2 days ago mum is a very lovable kitty as I was stroking one of the babies it made a purring sound ... are they able to purr or was it just me thinking they were and one of the kittens eye looks a little crusty it's other eye is open and do in well should I was or just give it a gentle clean ??

14. abyeb

Feb 18, 2017

15. Rachie1990

Jun 11, 2019
    Yea he does it when I stroke him guess he loves his home and I might just do that the babies and mums eye has a bit of gunk so she is of to vets to see what happened I think she got poked by the babies

16. GoldyCat

GoldyCat Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Jul 31, 2008
    Arizona
    Yes, kittens can purr, sometime more loudly than adult cats.
    You can wet a soft cloth or cotton pad with warm water and gently clean the kitten's eye.

17. Sarthur2

Mar 8, 2015
    Sunny Florida
    :yeah: Agreed! Keep all kittens and mom’s eyes clear of crust or goop using a soft, damp cloth. If the goop is yellow or green, terramycin antibiotic ointment
    for a few days usually resolves infection.

Rachie1990 and catsknowme purraised this.

18. Rachie1990

Jun 11, 2019
    Where do I get this from and I've cleaned it with warm water and more gunk comes out of the eye it opened for a few secs but not stayed open I clean mums and babies eye 3 times a day mums eye looks better but babies eye does not I'm thinking a trip to vet is in need

Sarthur2 purraised this.

19. di and bob

di and bob TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 12, 2012
    Nebraska, USA
    Very normal for kittens to get eye infections after birth. Related to the feline herpes virus and runs it's course in about two weeks. Does not transfer to humans. Vets will prescribe Terramycin ointment like stated above if it turns bacterial which is indicated by yellowish, or colored discharge. It is always alarming to see a little family this way, but is actually quite common. A vet trip may get the problem resolved faster. I don't know if your vet will give teh prescription over the phone, but he may if you bring in some close up pictures of their eyes and show him what you have. Beautiful little family!

Rachie1990 purraised this.

20. Rachie1990

Jun 11, 2019
    Awww thanks yes my little kitty family is brill all little bundles of joy are well and fat I will call the vet and just get their opinions on what I should do I hope the baby is going to be fine I'm so worried as I thought it was my fault leaving the sheet down mama gave birth on as I didn't dare move the mini family in case mum got upset I've cleaned the sheets now tho as they are two weeks old