Counting Down...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s difficult to say. It sounds like she is just getting more comfortable in her environment, which is a good thing! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds that her pregnant belly became noticeable around a month or so ago...this would put her a week or so shy of the 63 days I’m assuming! Is it normal for mother cats to lactate up to 2 weeks before they have their babies? She has been lactating on and off for a week now. I think it’s mostly stopped. She is becoming more energetic and healthy now. She’s able to jump a lot more than I thought! She’s been nesting for around a week now as well and has really been itching to explore the house. However she is currently on quarantine since we don’t know her medical history and she had a upper respiratory infection. I have two other kittens and I didn’t want to put them at risk! Here’s another update photo!
I also feel like I’m more nervous than her about the birth! Any ideas how I can keep calm when the time comes? Lol.

013A0ED2-9BD2-44A0-A442-1D8D5BB08F0D.jpeg
E02AD246-EA1F-49B9-974F-67E1E791B1B5.jpeg

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Precious baby! She's just so beautiful!
Sassy is about 7 weeks now.
Sassy is so cute! Her fur color is actually my boyfriends favorite lol. Do you know the coloration of the male cat that she mated with? I hope that my girl is about 8 weeks! She may be the same as yours though! We are now just counting down!

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do not, we have a lot of strays around here, Sassy was a stray kitten too. But I took in another black and white kitten and they were best friends.. Until he went missing, which was right around conception.. But there's also another large black and white Tom cat, and two orange males as well that come around every now and then.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is a lot of strays! What state do you live in? Here In Wisconsin there aren’t many as most get dumped at farms

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone’s cat done this before? Omg it’s so cute!! Plus, this is exactly how big amoras belly is! Anyone else think she could have just swallowed a basketball ?(kidding lol)

63BB717F-C800-4004-9230-41C939D7F150.jpeg
4BD98972-CA86-4E86-8628-C7910E003863.jpeg
3D180A43-A1DB-406B-9D65-8FFDBB9F77AD.jpeg
51B9FE34-4645-4CF7-A0B9-21D6C66D9420.jpeg

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awe, what a cutie <3
Yea, I live in Louisiana, in a very small town in the country lol. So sounds about right. People drop them off left and right over here. There are dog pacts around town, they roam the streets howling at night. There's so many strays around here. I do what I can.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Louisiana is an interesting place! My boyfriend and I roadtripped there this year. How is sassy doing? Any progress? My girl may be going into labor sooner than I thought. I saw what I believe to have been a contraction today. Babies were moving today!

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First baby is down here! I saw movement last night! Hoping it’s a day or two now!
13F016D9-106A-4F62-BAF6-970B9306CBE3.jpeg

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No! However something really weird just happened! I invited Amora up to our bed and now there is a puddle there...wondering if her water broke :thud:

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Water breaking ?!! She jumped onto our bed as I called her and sat down...all of the sudden this?!? She is now breathing heavier than normal... but otherwise acting as she normally does. Any ideas? As you can see she kept dripping as she moved around a bit

Attachments

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she is in labor! How are things going today?
Nothing yet.... no babies yet..she’s acting normal now but I heard it can take up to 24 hours. The liquid didn’t smell

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No babies :( Guessing it was a false alarm? she cant seem to find a spot that shes comfortable in, in our room despite my best attempts. I built her 2 nesting boxes, a corner place, and all she does is sit on our floor in the middle of the room. It's hard to provide her with a good space as well because our roomates have the other room until june, the bathroom is too small, and I also have other cats. It sucks not knowing a cats medical history and I dont want to put my cats at risk incase she has leukemia. My other cat peanut is also not used to her yet and sometimes hisses and swats. Our room has enough room for her and is a quiet safe place, but she just doesnt seem to like being kept in a single room. I thought thats what you were supposed to do with heavily pregnant cats and I dont feel safe with her kittens around my kittens right now. Any ideas?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most cats only go to the nest when it’s time to deliver. My cat jumped off my bed with a big meow, then ran into the other bedroom closet and got in her nest to deliver. She knew it was there, but ignored it until she was ready.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looking back when I first got her...luckily this woman found me when she did...or her fate may have been differently! The poop and urine keeps accumulating on her back end as she isn’t able to clean so we are taking her in tomorrow to my vet and they are going to be shaving the hair in that area off to prevent infection and keep things clean for birth. Amora makes me happy and adds so much to my family! She is such an amazing cat, I’m so blessed <3

20B9BF40-9651-4D5E-8953-077A791C65A1.png
1432CC47-DE62-4038-8E6A-296626D19217.png