Corona Virus Now Spreading

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you! i was going to call, but like you said, who knows if they even know.

im not sure if they would put my case as a priority. im taking meds for abnormal cells and we need to do a test to see if the medication i am taking is working. i dont want to put this off indefinitely, i was very lucky to catch this so early. So it makes me nervous to put off doing this biopsy. :sigh:

sorry, if i went off topic. :frown:
I'm no doctor, but that sounds like something that would be prioritized to me. Not just for your sake, but anything that can be done to reduce the chance of someone ending up in the hospital in the future should be done to save hospital resources. That's just my very non professional guess.

I think this is on topic. The whole point of flattening the curve is so that the health care system can keep helping everyone who needs it, not just coronavirus cases. Other diseases aren't going away right now just because there's a pandemic.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no doctor, but that sounds like something that would be prioritized to me. Not just for your sake, but anything that can be done to reduce the chance of someone ending up in the hospital in the future should be done to save hospital resources. That's just my very non professional guess.

I think this is on topic. The whole point of flattening the curve is so that the health care system can keep helping everyone who needs it, not just coronavirus cases. Other diseases aren't going away right now just because there's a pandemic.
thats my concern, if doctors offices start closing down im worried people will become worse and end up in hospitals. hopefully the government is careful not to close down important places like that. maybe they can lessen the people in the waiting room.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats my concern, if doctors offices start closing down im worried people will become worse and end up in hospitals. hopefully the government is careful not to close down important places like that. maybe they can lessen the people in the waiting room.
The experts who appear in news briefings are asking that everyone call their doctor first before going in, and if you can communicate via Skype or Facetime, do that instead. They don't intend on closing doctor's offices.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The experts who appear in news briefings are asking that everyone call their doctor first before going in, and if you can communicate via Skype or Facetime, do that instead. They don't intend on closing doctor's offices.
thats a relief. :crossfingers: hopefully it stays that way. i'll give them a call to check in, to see what they say.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
City of Hope is screening all patients and visitors at the entrance. Any current patient who has symptoms will be taken to a special area and the accompanying visitor will not be allowed to enter. They did not say they are testing, just screening. Definitely they are not closing services to any of their patients and I doubt that most doctors would do that.

My GP has asked to be allowed to schedule a visit via the internet for anyone who thinks they might be in danger of having coronavirus. I have two doctor appointments in the near future and neither office has called to ask me to reschedule.

Chewy is out of stock on a number of items; it seems that Fancy Feast and Friskies are hard hit but the more expensive products are available. They are not guaranteeing 2 day delivery but seem to be doing the best they can to fill orders quickly.

Local market today....not Costco or Walmart type store...was limiting 2 items per category to all customers no matter what you told them. Self checkout was closed so that the clerks could monitor what was being purchased.

Amazon just delivered my finch seed today and it was an on time Prime delivery.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard from several sources that anyone with flu like symptoms should do the telephone call with their doctor or one of the call in services. I have heard of two instances on the news where someone who turned out to be positive just showed up at an emergency room and everyone including staff who came in contact with that person was exposed and had to go into self quarantine.

Because I do ambulance billing and have read through protocols used by ambulance crews I would say that anyone who becomes very ill and may have this should call an ambulance. Let them know that the person has a fever and trouble breathing, the ambulance will come prepared. They will also know which hospital to take the person to and the hospital will be prepared.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dental appointment was just canceled. The receptionist told me the ADA has recommended that all dental practices shut down for the next three weeks, except for emergency treatment.
I got a text from my dentist saying they were only accepting emergency appointments now.

Most all stores are closed here, restaurants are take-out or delivery only. My son who is in another state is supposed to get married next month; I just suggested to him that he take his wonderful bride-to-be to the courthouse and get married by a Justice of the Peace before the courthouse where he is starts closing some of the offices, like the one in my county has done. Have another ceremony and a reception when this is over. Lots of plans will change during this but there will be some interesting stories that come out of it, too.
When I got engaged in December 2018, I had wondered about pushing my wedding to this spring since my sister was already gettig married in the fall. Now I'm so grateful I said "hey, you don't mind if I also get married in the fall?" and we've done the wedding and honeymoon already. I feel so bad for the brides that have to reschedule, and wedding aside, if something we to happen to either of us, I'm glad we have the protection of being married and able to have a say in each other's care.

I found this-Amazon to stop accepting all products other than medical supplies and household staples to its warehouses amid coronavirus crisis — read the memo it just sent sellers

"Amazon said in an email to sellers that it was now prioritizing shipment in the following six categories: baby product; health and household (including personal-care appliances); beauty and personal care; grocery; industrial and scientific; pet supplies."
I just ordered a bag of cappuccino today from Amazon and it shipped.
I ordered a couple of books last night - my order was confirmed, but I haven't heard if shipment is going to be delayed or not. Obviously I'm okay if it is since books are nonessential!

My mom has cataract surgery planned for tomorrow. Last I checked it was still on. You would think that would be non essential, but she's been putting off having it done, so I'm glad it is, but also is it the best time. Idk. Hopefully it all works out okay.
------

I'm frustrated by this teleteaching preschool. I've put up a couple short videos the past couple days, and I'm responding quickly to anything that comes through class dojo, but I feel like I'm not doing near enough. I'm usually so much more busy during a normal school day, so I almost feel guilty about getting paid for less hours of work, but there's so much I do that needs to be in person. I'll probably try adding a third assignment or video a day, but it doesn't even look like all the parents are checking, so...this is just weird uncharted territory.

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On a personal note: does anyone know if gynecologist offices will close if we are forcibly quarantined? i have an important test on 4/9. just concerned because i see everything closing down.
It probably depends on where you are and how critical the tests are, but I imagine that most will remain open. I have a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound scheduled for next week and as long as I don't have a fever or virus symptoms I can go. I hope that stays the case as I would like to get the worry associated with that over with.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
So, today my husband and I helped some friends finish up packing for a 900 mile move. Hubby is caravaning with their cats and some other bits in the pickup. I packed a cooler for him with food for the trip, and reminded them all that the restaurants are closed, grocery stores are metered with long lines, and even 24 hr drive throughs are no longer 24 hrs.
The response: "Oh, well we plan on hitting the truck stops, 'cause we know the trucks are still running." :sigh:

I sent hubby with a couple rolls of tp, too... because there would be nothing worse than getting to a restroom on the road and they be out!

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Jem Jem , M maggiedemi and @ everybody else who even cares who I am, I am just so sorry about the overly political post you didn't understand that I'm just going to ask mani mani to delete it and return to lurkdom, okay?

I felt guilty, like I was eavesdropping on somebody else's conversation and exploiting all y'all to be my own personal research monkeys and unpaid cybershrinks. It felt yucky and I wanted to give something back. rms was called to write software. I have been called to sit on my own couch and play my own games on my own electronic device.

We can do this, okay?

Now about these amazing and unusual beings we call "cats"........

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willow's Mom , no harm done, I wasn't upset....just completely confused LOL! And to be frank one of my posts was slightly political, although that was not my intent. I was just venting...
:heartshape:
Have fun with your games and kitties and stay healthy!!!!!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
------

I'm frustrated by this teleteaching preschool. I've put up a couple short videos the past couple days, and I'm responding quickly to anything that comes through class dojo, but I feel like I'm not doing near enough. I'm usually so much more busy during a normal school day, so I almost feel guilty about getting paid for less hours of work, but there's so much I do that needs to be in person. I'll probably try adding a third assignment or video a day, but it doesn't even look like all the parents are checking, so...this is just weird uncharted territory.
Yeah, here the kids have been out of school for almost a month so we're attempting to do teleteaching. Our teachers have made so so so many videos, but it turns out some aren't being watched at all or aren't being watched until the end. We're trying to test out Zoom, but the prospect of having kids between the ages of 5-10 handle a virtual class without any technical or behavioral problems seems pretty daunting. We are scheduled to have students come in on Monday, but of course many parents still want to keep their little ones at home, hence offering virtual classrooms with a discounted tuition rate (we're a private academy)

And yes, usually our teachers are swamped teaching p and k kids during the day and elementary kids in the afternoons and evenings, so right now they make their videos to post by Wednesday and then basically have nothing to do for a few days until the next week's videos are due. We've assigned kids to do book work and they can send in pictures of it to get checked. They can even call if they want, but apparently no one really is. We're offering all of this extra stuff to parents for free hoping that they'll come back when this is over.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got engaged in December 2018, I had wondered about pushing my wedding to this spring since my sister was already gettig married in the fall. Now I'm so grateful I said "hey, you don't mind if I also get married in the fall?" and we've done the wedding and honeymoon already. I feel so bad for the brides that have to reschedule, and wedding aside, if something we to happen to either of us, I'm glad we have the protection of being married and able to have a say in each other's care.
I have a niece in LA who is an event planner, owns and runs her own business. Mostly she does weddings, and her brides with weddings soon and her are in a rough place. Bottom going to fall out of her business most likely.