Corona Virus Now Spreading

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing that should happen if you don't get the next shot is that the protection could wear off and you could get COVID, but there shouldn't be an actual bad reaction to the shot. I got my booster after 9 months with no ill effects.

Are you in a different country? I looked at your profile and it says California but if you aren't in the US it might be a different brand of vaccine, or the doctors might be different, idk. But none of the US vaccines are approved for 3-month boosters.
Yes, the explanation you are providing, does not make any sense.. sorry...
It does sound as if you are from a different country.

What we are asking is: how is it that you got 6 Covid shots? We do not understand that.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Covid is hitting my Assisted Living again. We now have 9 staff members and 10 residents testing postive. There are having trouble getting the residents to wear their mask. I look for them to close the dinning room again. Now we can only have 1 person per table.

denice

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Cases are up in Ohio though nothing like in the past. They have been trending up for awhile but hospitalizations and ICU admissions have not been rising. OSU has switched to voluntary rather then mandatory testing.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Covid is hitting my Assisted Living again. We now have 9 staff members and 10 residents testing postive. There are having trouble getting the residents to wear their mask. I look for them to close the dinning room again. Now we can only have 1 person per table.
At my mother's AL place as well. I'm getting emails every day about residents and employees testing positive. They have shut down the dining room in the regular section, but not in my mother's memory care section.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my mother's AL place as well. I'm getting emails every day about residents and employees testing positive. They have shut down the dining room in the regular section, but not in my mother's memory care section.
We are still wating for the booster shot. They are trying to find a pharmacy that will come here to give us the booster.

denice

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to wait until the fall and get a booster with the flu shot. I have had three shots of Moderna. I started when it was still really hard to get an appointment for a shot so I didn't have a choice, I got Moderna. If given a choice I don't know that I would have cared which of the mRNA shots I got. I got my first booster right after the Moderna booster was given the okay.