Corona Virus Now Spreading

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing that should happen if you don't get the next shot is that the protection could wear off and you could get COVID, but there shouldn't be an actual bad reaction to the shot. I got my booster after 9 months with no ill effects.

Are you in a different country? I looked at your profile and it says California but if you aren't in the US it might be a different brand of vaccine, or the doctors might be different, idk. But none of the US vaccines are approved for 3-month boosters.
Yes, the explanation you are providing, does not make any sense.. sorry...
It does sound as if you are from a different country.

What we are asking is: how is it that you got 6 Covid shots? We do not understand that.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Covid is hitting my Assisted Living again. We now have 9 staff members and 10 residents testing postive. There are having trouble getting the residents to wear their mask. I look for them to close the dinning room again. Now we can only have 1 person per table.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cases are up in Ohio though nothing like in the past. They have been trending up for awhile but hospitalizations and ICU admissions have not been rising. OSU has switched to voluntary rather then mandatory testing.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Covid is hitting my Assisted Living again. We now have 9 staff members and 10 residents testing postive. There are having trouble getting the residents to wear their mask. I look for them to close the dinning room again. Now we can only have 1 person per table.
At my mother's AL place as well. I'm getting emails every day about residents and employees testing positive. They have shut down the dining room in the regular section, but not in my mother's memory care section.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my mother's AL place as well. I'm getting emails every day about residents and employees testing positive. They have shut down the dining room in the regular section, but not in my mother's memory care section.
We are still wating for the booster shot. They are trying to find a pharmacy that will come here to give us the booster.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to wait until the fall and get a booster with the flu shot. I have had three shots of Moderna. I started when it was still really hard to get an appointment for a shot so I didn't have a choice, I got Moderna. If given a choice I don't know that I would have cared which of the mRNA shots I got. I got my first booster right after the Moderna booster was given the okay.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Canada just today approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster vaccine that targets the BA.4 and BA.5 strains of the Omicron variant, and I was wondering if anyone in the US, or any other countries, has gotten that one yet. And if so, any negative reactions?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Canada just today approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster vaccine that targets the BA.4 and BA.5 strains of the Omicron variant, and I was wondering if anyone in the US, or any other countries, has gotten that one yet. And if so, any negative reactions?
I got the new Pfizer booster just yesterday. Woke up at 3 a.m. this morning with a very sore arm, chills, and nausea. Thankfully, I did fall back asleep after about an hour and woke up later feeling fine except for a bit of soreness at the injection site.

Then again, I get reactions to all vaccines--flu, shingles, all of them. :ohwell:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I got it two weeks ago. I had absolutely NO reaction at all: no redness, no soreness, no swelling. I always have some reaction to COVID and flu shots so it was a welcome change. My husband had the same experience.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I got the new Moderna booster on Tuesday. My usual reaction....fever, chills, body aches, headache lasting for about 24 hours. However, this happened every time and has happened with other vaccines, so no one should necessarily expect the same result as I am describing.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the Pfizer booster 2 weeks ago. I was expecting my usual reaction: Chills, fever, rash, achy joints, bad fatigue.
I was shocked that I did not have the gamut of symptoms! I had an immediately sore arm at the injection site. In Fact, the Needle stung so much as it entered my body!! Arm was so sore!

That afternoon, I was tired; felt warm and then cool. The next day, I still felt the same.. no fever, was tired, and had a tiny bit of a noticeable throat..
Arm was killing me!
I am surprised my reaction was so mild.

They offered it in the building, last week. People are complaining of all the side effects.. still-- a week later. I wonder how much of these 'people' are just blaming the vaccine for their issues.. as in how much is in their mind?

With each vaccination I get, I always have a bad reaction, no matter what type. Even the flu shot leaves me feeling ugly, with a fine rash on torso.

Good Luck!!
Now on to the flu shot, hopefully next week.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went ahead and got a second booster this past July because the cases went up in Ohio, they are way down now. I have to wait longer for another one, I am going to wait 6 months, I think the requirement is 4 months. I have gotten all Moderna. Last week I got the flu shot and the whooping cough booster which is actually the tdap booster. I am 66 so the last couple of years has been almost like when I was a kid and when my kids were little. I have had two shingles vaccinations, two pneumonia shots, four COVID shots, the tdap vaccination and two flu shots.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I went ahead and got a second booster this past July because the cases went up in Ohio, they are way down now. I have to wait longer for another one, I am going to wait 6 months, I think the requirement is 4 months. I have gotten all Moderna. Last week I got the flu shot and the whooping cough booster which is actually the tdap booster. I am 66 so the last couple of years has been almost like when I was a kid and when my kids were little. I have had two shingles vaccinations, two pneumonia shots, four COVID shots, the tdap vaccination and two flu shots.
i know what you mean! feel like a pincushion! A friend of mine said: “I’m more vaccinated than a cow!’

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay well!

I’m next….